• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo: Infinite Season 2 arrives on May 3

BigLee74

You think they're going to double their map count in the next 12 months when they can barely put out two maps in six months time? And only one of those maps is going to be in the game's most played mode.

Unless they've got a team somewhere secretly working to port a bunch of legacy maps to Infinite, nothing about what 343i has done with Infinite since launch supports that level of hope.
Yeah, I do think they will double the map count. There’s not a lot to double.

OverHeat

« generous god »
343 needs a shakeup badly. Get Stinkles bald ass out of there. They are easily the most unproductive AAA studio in the industry. Halo Infinite is a fun game but it feels like it’s still in beta.
Stinkles….long time I have not heard this name. Left us for REEEEE and then got gang bang by them.

clarky

Gold Member
The worst part is that every time a match ends you're being thrown out from matchmaking and have to manually start again, so unlike other games you're not in this sort of a rotation where you're going through each map one by one. Ysterday I've played literally 80-90% of the games on Launch Site, not even once on Streets or Bazaar, now that's depressing.
Yeah,no. if you just kept queing for matches the amount of afk'ers would be super annoying. Its bad enough in warzone.

ZywyPL

Banned
To be fair they did say there looking into it but...
zFFODUK.jpg

But yeah... built from the ground up to never do that... wonder why they made it so difficult...

But how long will this take to do? At least months given their pace.

I don't see an issue with the whole core concept, I actually like that each armor has its distinct, unique look, mixing parts together would only lead to some stupid abominations, eg. mixing the samurai core with Mk5/7 helmets or shoulder pads.

The issue lies with severely limited amount of cosmetics, even after buying Battle Pass, as most of the parts are within the game but not available for the players, they show up some tandom day for a few days, a week at best, and they're gone, forever basically, and on top of that 343 sells them only in some stupid bundles, and given the price of those 1200-1500 credits, the game actually doesn't have what could've been called MTX, rather DLC packs.

Like I keep saying - they released a F2P GaaS but forgot to monetize it. Just unlock everything within given season, as separate parts, and watch as money flows whileo players stop complaining they don't have cosmetics to customize their appearance. It's a win-win solution, ehich pretty much every F3G game out there follows, but I guess 343 are too bumb for that.

Sorne

I'll probably play it for a few weeks until it gets boring again.

My Halo soul is hurtin'.

So happy elden ring released when it did.

For a free to play game that relies entirely on people buying new content all the time this is one hell of a slow trickle. It's as if 343 don't understand what is required to keep free to play games going after launch. This is a leadership problem. With 500 staff they should be able to pump out new maps pretty easily. Go to the well, remake old maps, borrow maps from other XGS games and include them as "guest maps" or something. Armor sets should be the same with decades of Halo there are also decades of armor sets that could be adapted to the game. This could have been a massive resurgence for the franchise given the hype around launch and the excitement the game was garnering at the end of 2021. All they had to do was keep it up. I could see it clawing it's way back up the charts with steady content but that's not what is getting delivered.

iHaunter

With the exception of Overwatch 2, of all the big AAA modern multiplayer FPS titles, Halo actually has the smallest team.
Where are the resources going? What excuse is there for no co-op? That's not being done by the MP team. It's still technically party of the campaign.

• Co-op campaign mid season
  • New BP with 1000 credits in it
  • 2 new armour cores
  • New Fractures event
  • New unknown events
  • 2 new maps
  • Generally new cosmetics in event BPs and regular BPs
  • What looks to be some sort of plot development
  • Infinite weapon drills and expanded academy (According to a blog post)
  • 2 new gamemodes (and possibly more since 343 didn't announce all the new gamemodes at the start of season 1 too)

Co op mid season? Fuckin finally

ZywyPL

Banned
For a free to play game that relies entirely on people buying new content all the time this is one hell of a slow trickle. It's as if 343 don't understand what is required to keep free to play games going after launch.

Their whole S1 outcome reads like "guys, please tell us what we should do with the game, because we have no fucking idea what to do now". Which at least brings hope the community will guide them to the right direction

Nydius

Amen. Although you’d think it still wasn’t coming according to some of the replies in here!

Why should I have any hope they'll deliver on it when it's the third time they've delayed campaign coop?

It's just as likely that they'll come up with some excuse as to why they couldn't get it done mid-season and had to push it to Season 3, just like the latest excuse they came out with about pushing it to mid-season 2 (which was, effectively, "it's a bigger technical challenge than we thought!"). Same reason they've delayed campaign mission replay indefinitely.

Judging by your posts, you're full of hope and I admire that optimism. But it's hope that 343 doesn't deserve given the absolute piss poor state of the game and the lackluster community posts they've made, all of which are long-winded forms of "we're listening, we're working on it, please be patient". Or, in the case of some community requests, like player collision, long-form paragraphs boiling down to "you're wrong and we're keeping it as is".

The very first line in the OP - coop campaign mid season! 🤪
Then the OP should be updated to accurately reflect the information we have.
As we heard in March, Halo Infinite’s cooperative campaign mode will not launch alongside season 2. In March, 343 Industries said it expects the mode to come sometime during the second season, but a release date hasn’t been announced.
343 *expects* the mode to be available *sometime* during season 2. They also expected that it would be available in tandem with season 2. Before that, they expected it to be available on launch. I will believe it when I see it.

Source: https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.po...season-2-release-date-battle-pass-lone-wolves

clarky

Gold Member
Armor cores having locked cosmetics is being transitioned away from and coop is coming in season 2 just not on day 1. Seasons will be 3 months now not 6. Looks good to me
This. Hopefully the extra time in season one has given them the chance to get get updates and the seasons out in a more timely manner.

The amount of concern trolling about this game is off the charts. I played it until a month or 2 ago and had a great time with it. Will jump back in for the season and drop off when i get bored again.

Edit: Hopefully they sort the playlist out because after the kneejerk before Christmas, its a shit show just now.

Ranked Slayer
Ranked Objective
Social slayer (loose/no SBMM)
Social Objective ( same)
Social New Map only 24/7 for a couple of weeks
BTB
Rotating mode/weekend playlist

this is all is needed for starters.

Last edited:

22•22

NO PAIN TRANCE CONTINUE
This. Hopefully the extra time in season one has given them the chance to get get updates and the seasons out in a more timely manner.

The amount of concern trolling about this game is off the charts. I played it until a month or 2 ago and had a great time with it. Will jump back in for the season and drop off when i get bored again.

Extra time? 6 years gave us Infinite. Concern trolling my ass. FWIW been a Halo fan since CE launch. This is embarrassing beyond words. And real fans don't play a couple weeks because an event is on we (like to) play nonstop because it's Halo. Look at me being an asshole because I get triggered by this lackluster update sorry friend.

Last edited:

TIGERCOOL

I can't believe this dude and other fans of the game still give the battlepass and cosmetics so much of their energy. How is the lack of playable content not the #1 thing people are giving 343 negative feedback on? I'll wear default armour and colours all day if you give me more game to play.

and fix the fucking performance on PC already, my god. what a disappointment of a studio.

22•22

NO PAIN TRANCE CONTINUE
I can't believe this dude and other fans of the game still give the battlepass and cosmetics so much of their energy. How is the lack of playable content not the #1 thing people are giving 343 negative feedback on? I'll wear default armour and colours all day if you give me more game to play.

and fix the fucking performance on PC already, my god. what a disappointment of a studio.

Lol it's an ongoing issue well worth addressing. Can't believe you think that's all he cares because it isn't. Annoying voice tho

clarky

Gold Member
Lol clarky
Its like 343 pissed on your chips. I enjoyed my time with it and will return for season 2. Plenty of other games out there to enjoy mate.

Obviously the game came in super hot, but like i said hopefully the extra time in season 1 has given them the time to get a stuff out in a more timely manner(hopefully). Nothing to get your knickers in a twist over.

22•22

NO PAIN TRANCE CONTINUE
Its like 343 pissed on your chips. I enjoyed my time with it and will return for season 2. Plenty of other games out there to enjoy mate.

Obviously the game came in super hot, but like i said hopefully the extra time in season 1 has given them the time to get a stuff out in a more timely manner(hopefully). Nothing to get your knickers in a twist over.

No vinegar tasting chips here my good ol' lad. Happy you're content.

I myself was hoping for something more. And.. well..

Last edited:

BigLee74

Hey, I’m a glass half full kind of guy! I fully expect to see coop at some point in season 2, like they are claiming. 😁

Even in its ‘barebones’ state, I’ve already spent more time on this game than I have on most other games these past few years, and that time will only increase as these features finally roll out.

It’s a grower, not a shower!

22•22

NO PAIN TRANCE CONTINUE
Hey, I’m a glass half full kind of guy! I fully expect to see coop at some point in season 2, like they are claiming. 😁

Even in its ‘barebones’ state, I’ve already spent more time on this game than I have on most other games these past few years, and that time will only increase as these features finally roll out.

It’s a grower, not a shower!

You're an optimist 😊

clarky

Gold Member
Seen that vid awhile in my feed but don't want to click because of Frank's head, I heard he posts on Reeeeeee

Fair enough 🙈
He got banned from there ages ago for farting in the wrong direction, your good.

Last edited:

Bernkastel

Ask me about my fanboy energy!
Where are the resources going? What excuse is there for no co-op? That's not being done by the MP team. It's still technically party of the campaign.
Where are the resources going?
I meant the team for Halo Infinite in its entirety(Campaign+MP) is smaller than other AAA FPS titles with a multiplayer focus. Even though what we expect from a full Halo game needs a way more work than any of those(for starters a full single player open world campaign that is not meant to be serviceable for a multiplayer mode with co-op and a forge mode). And your question was "Don't they have 500+ people?" suggesting that somehow Halo has more resources than its competitors. Go read the development history of Halo titles, all of them with the exception of Halo Reach went through a cycle of development hell and crunch.
What excuse is there for no co-op?
If you read the OP, co-op is coming mid this season. Its not like they didn't put any work into co-op. People have glitched into co-op since launch(although its a bit broken and will corrupt your save files). Turns out an open world game with player progression actually needs more effort to implement co-op than a linear one.
That's not being done by the MP team. It's still technically party of the campaign.
Its a part of the core gameplay sandbox(both campaign and MP).

343- the developer who cripples their games performance in a patch and then just doesn't fix it while ignoring their fans complaints.

I'll always bring this up whenever I see a thread where people are debating whether this company is mismanaged or not- if you own MCC on Xb1x you can't play HALO 1 OR HALO 2 campaigns without the worst stutter I've ever seen in a game thanks to 343 never fixing the bug they introduced when Halo Reach update came out.

Halo 1 and 2 campaigns are unplayable on xb1x even though prior to Reach they ran well. You'd have to buy either your second "premium xbox" (series x) after already having bought the first "premium xbox" (xb1x at the time) just to get decent performance.

This is the kind of thing that tells me MS gaming division has fucked up management as well because it's just shameful to allow Halo 1 and 2 and your own customers to be treated like this.

This is why when a year ago when Infinite had its disastrous first demo I wasn't surprised and why I strongly suspected Infinite's live service was going to be a disaster. Didn't think it would happen this fast though. 343 is the type of company that is always at odds with their own fans because they don't have integrity on top of being mismanaged.

I also question if things will improve enough under Joe Staten because he's been there for a little bit and issues such as the one with MCC are still not acknowledged by this developer. You don't break something as core to your game as framerate (keep in mind it's not just the occasional stutter we're talking about, it's constant vomit inducing stutter) and just ignore those affected indefinitely because it doesn't suit you but that's what they've done. People paid good money for your game and for the xb1x at the time. That's just a shitty thing to do.

Last edited:

Edit: Hopefully they sort the playlist out because after the kneejerk before Christmas, its a shit show just now.

Ranked Slayer
Ranked Objective
Social slayer (loose/no SBMM)
Social Objective ( same)
Social New Map only 24/7 for a couple of weeks
BTB
Rotating mode/weekend playlist

this is all is needed for starters.
"Concern trolling" is a typical fanboy defense any time a game or company gets ragged on. Did you ever consider that maybe those "trolls" are fans of the franchise and have legitimate anger for legitimate reasons?

I'm starting to wish Microsoft gave Halo to another studio, I thoroughly enjoyed the campaign and the gameplay is top tier, but launching with no multiplayer content and barely adding any after this long is inexcusable. It's one of the best IP's in gaming and yet there has been 2 Halos in a row that have launched barebones and missing important key features. I WANT to continue playing because what's there is good, but unless you want to play the same 3-4 maps over and over again 343 basically doesn't want you to play it. Whether they're too "proud" to use Bungie's content, too incompetent to reuse some of their maps, too blind to see that lack of content is a massive problem. Once they figured out how few maps were going to be there at launch they should have made it a priority to remaster some old maps both as a nostalgia play as well as a way to give some map variety so people wouldn't grow bored and move to other games. At the rate they're adding maps the next Xbox might be released before there's an acceptable amount of multiplayer maps in Halo Infinite, certainly won't be until the vast majority of people have moved on to another game

I'm starting to wish Microsoft gave Halo to another studio, I thoroughly enjoyed the campaign and the gameplay is top tier, but launching with no multiplayer content and barely adding any after this long is inexcusable. It's one of the best IP's in gaming and yet there has been 2 Halos in a row that have launched barebones and missing important key features. I WANT to continue playing because what's there is good, but unless you want to play the same 3-4 maps over and over again 343 basically doesn't want you to play it. Whether they're too "proud" to use Bungie's content, too incompetent to reuse some of their maps, too blind to see that lack of content is a massive problem. Once they figured out how few maps were going to be there at launch they should have made it a priority to remaster some old maps both as a nostalgia play as well as a way to give some map variety so people wouldn't grow bored and move to other games. At the rate they're adding maps the next Xbox might be released before there's an acceptable amount of multiplayer maps in Halo Infinite, certainly won't be until the vast majority of people have moved on to another game
If Playground nails Fable, I'd like to see them take on Halo.

Top Bottom