• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo Infinite Rumored to Feature a God-of-War-Style “Single Shot” Campaign

Mypmarlo

Banned
It only worked to make one of the highest rated games of all time. And having played and platinumed it, it deserved every one of those 10/10s it recieved.

ALL the problems with the camera and the game it self perfectly layed out here:(somewhere around 7m)

Last edited:

Bryank75

Banned
ALL the problems with the camera and the game it self perfectly layed out here:(somewhere around 7m)

That guy is a tosser...and I am Irish too so I can say with authority. We are all professional haters in Ireland and live to tear people down.

'Ireland has a very different attitude to success than a lot of places, certainly than over here in the United States. In the United States, you look at the guy that lives in the mansion on the hill, and you think, you know, one day, if I work really hard, I could live in that mansion. In Ireland, people look up at the guy in the mansion on the hill and go, one day, I'm going to get that bastard. It's a different mind-set.'

Bono

I also find it funny that Sekiro and Dark Souls have worse cameras but nothing is ever said about them in reviews..... lets face it, the guy couldn't 'git gud' and made a video blaming the game.

Last edited:

Clear

CliffyB's Cock Holster

Mathewmatosis is an idiot. A clueless droning amateur who couldn't design his way out of a paper bag.

He's a nit-picker with zero understanding of the big picture.

GymWolf

i have to be honest, i thought it was a nice gimmick in gow so i'm not really wet in my pants for this news.

just concentrate on doing a good halo, we are starved since halo 3 ffs.

Cleared_Hot

I loved it in GoW. But hate that it becomes a selling/talking point so much so that it becomes a distraction while watching* it. Like with 1917, it's all I kept thinking about. I wish I had no knowledge prior to seeing it, and noticed it on my own.

That being said, I think it works perfectly for a videogame and absolutely assists with immersion. And with load times being dramatically reduced, it will only improve.

Last edited:
Pretty cool if true. But I usually don't bother with SP. I hope they really put their effort into the MP.

I understand the hype for Halo but I have to admit, the Hellblade 2 trailer was the best video game trailer I've ever seen. I don't mean just on a graphical level - the entire presentation with the music, the build-up, and that insanely awesome chant. I kept reloading it over and over again because it got the adrenalin pumping and was just inspiring. I haven't seen anything like that regarding Halo yet.

Ok there might be a language barrier here. You treat this like "THIS GAME IS A JUGGERNAUT" is important news. Seems like an empty phrase to me? What's the hidden meaning for native english speakers?

So far there is not a single bit of actual news in the writing of the OP?

SleepDoctor

Banned
I really don't know what this is or why its supposed to be exciting news tbh. What everyone wants to see is some damn mp. I don't even care to see the campaign after 5 lol.

Vawn

Banned
Nothing indicates a developer having a strong, original vision for their new game like ripping off one of the gimmicks of a more highly acclaimed competing franchise

Nothing wrong with learning from each other, as that moves the industry as a whole forward.

It looks like Horizon Forbidden West is taking some exploration cues from Breath of the Wild.

Last edited:
Ok there might be a language barrier here. You treat this like "THIS GAME IS A JUGGERNAUT" is important news. Seems like an empty phrase to me? What's the hidden meaning for native english speakers?

So far there is not a single bit of actual news in the writing of the OP?

Juggernaut is a hyperbolic metaphor. It means this game is so big that it can crush all the smaller games, basically this game is important.

Why does everything need to be open world ffs. Gears 5 attempt was utter shit you don’t need open world in a game focused on combat encounters

Dory16

Banned
Pretty cool if true. But I usually don't bother with SP. I hope they really put their effort into the MP.

I understand the hype for Halo but I have to admit, the Hellblade 2 trailer was the best video game trailer I've ever seen. I don't mean just on a graphical level - the entire presentation with the music, the build-up, and that insanely awesome chant. I kept reloading it over and over again because it got the adrenalin pumping and was just inspiring. I haven't seen anything like that regarding Halo yet.
I have to agree. That trailer felt almost more like a declaration of war to Microsoft's competition than a game teaser.

7Dyylom.png

DeepEnigma

Gold Member
That's dope! I really enjoyed that about GoW.

Building a whole new PC for this, and the other Halo games I missed out on (Reach, 4 and 5). Get some MC back in my life.

Tesseract

Banned
as opposed to what, there's still illusory elements in the background

half-life did it incredibly well back in 1998 with bsp limitations

According to the first trailer it's an open world, i'm not doubting that.

Halo Infinite is NOT open world - it is Open/Ended/Expensive according to 343 themselves, that has been confirmed multiple times already. It's a lot more vast and has a ton more of exploration and that is a good thing. Best way to think about is think of the level "Halo" from Halo: Combat Evolved, and multiple that by many many many times and you get Halo Infinite levels of Big/Vast.

JimboJones

So like half-life lol?
Hmm kind of, for the most part it is all from Gordon's perspective but there was a few cuts especially the Gman scenes in HL2 and the resonance cascade to unforseen consequences intro in HL I don't think you could count as "a single take"

Bryank75

Banned
Nah it's a very long video but it is an excellent video and well argued. It's not hating and the game was not perfection.
I've explained about that guy... every Irish person can do what he does. Tear things down while making yourself sound legitimate. The guy is just a pathetic little man that takes out his frustrations of inadequacy on things he perceives oppose his own view of the world.

If you go back and watch the more recent trailer where the camera pans around the guy watching the holo of his wife, or how the camera sort of pans backwards out of Chiefs head when he wakes up and steps forward. I think it suggests, presuming the single shot thing is real, it won’t be “single shot view from inside the helmet only” but rather a blend of 1st person, 3rd person (one of the trailers has 3rd person Chief in some forerunner-esq facility) and 3rd person panning so the focus could shift to other characters. Just my guess anyway. Could be pretty cool.

HarryKS

Oh people think that cut-scene was truly representative of how the game's gonna look like?

It's nice to want things.

Men_in_Boxes

Snake Oil Salesman
Single shot (I think) comes from this...

Cinema nerds thought this was revolutionary filmaking because it's one long camera shot with no break. Hard to get everything just right for 3+ minutes. It's supposed to make you feel like you're with the characters.

I'm not sure it adds much value to a videogame.

Last edited:

Stevonidas

Another gamer that fails the Tits Test...

The game was incomplete (additional realms teased but locked away), with repetitive boss fights and boring, sluggish combat compared to the ps2/ps3 classics, not to mention ssm's idea of difficulty scaling involved simply increasing enemy hit points 100-fold while making kratos about as strong as wet paper towel.

Great Hair

Banned
It only worked to make one of the highest rated games of all time. And having played and platinumed it, it deserved every one of those 10/10s it recieved.

True but it was not a true GOW to me. Young Kratos would have kicked down the door (turtle). I want to face demigods and not flies with harpoons. :p

I still believe they should have named, used a different protagonist. That would have given them a new IP, with a new protagonist and still work on a GOW4 "old school style" beating up demigod, titans ...a la "devil may cry".

Back to topic.

Vawn

Banned
True but it was not a true GOW to me. Young Kratos would have kicked down the door (turtle). I want to face demigods and not flies with harpoons. :p

I still believe they should have named, used a different protagonist. That would have given them a new IP, with a new protagonist and still work on a GOW4 "old school style" beating up demigod, titans ...a la "devil may cry".

Back to topic.

It did seem strange. It definitely didn't feel like the same Kratos. At least until THAT moment mid-game. That was such an epic moment, especially for fans of the entire franchise.

Top Bottom