• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo Infinite - New 4K Screenshots

ok now go to rewatch state of play again...and continue to cry warrior

I'm not a PlayStation fan, at all - and I have cited this indecently - more than 100 times here. Never owned one actually, but I bet both of you have.

You both probably own one now.

I'm an adult consumer.

As such it is my prerogative as to when Microsoft should hear their franchise looks UGLY. In this instance, it's UGLY.

Looks worse, far worse - than Older Titles.

A next gen effort backed by Microsofts cash and on a more powerful console... looks UGLY compared to OLDER LAST GEN games.

This is a huge issue for me and should be for any honest consumer but you're probably both on the 'We love ugly games and 2d anime
low poly efforts don't talk bad mmk' and I'm not one of you.

This franchise, a franchise known for being BLEEDING EDGE graphically, has lost
that mantle completely.

Halo will continue to look ugly, old and decrepit, worse than Xbox One games - if they do not do something to turn it around.

Continue defacing my posts cuz you can't possibly defend your stance otherwise, THIS GAME IS UGLY.

They can fix it, never said they couldn't - in fact as a consumer I expect them to which is why I'm pointing it out now.

UGLY GAME IS UGLY.

Get over it.

Or don't - cuz you like ugly games that are worse looking than last gen. And secretly love that Halo now looks WORSE than OLD competition.

I bet you do. I bet you're secretly pixel art enthusiasts that hate 3d anything and particularly probably Xbox fans/graphics enthusiasts.

The game is STILL ugly. And I'll continue posting that the game is UGLY..... over and over and over until it isn't anymore or until they release this ugly... worse looking than last gen cash grab.

And I guess you'll keep defacing my posts with nonsense cuz what else is there to say about an ugly archaic looking game? What can you say?

Oh wait let me guess...

Last edited:
Being a cross-gen game is pretty much essential now given the console shortages, so it's understandable.

Thankfully there's a lot of environmental detail in these screens which makes the X|S/PC versions of the game look a lot nicer than the initial reveal. Going to be even better with dynamic time of day and weather. I really liked the throwback Halo:CE art style they went with originally, I hope they don't mess with that too much.

Josemayuste

Wild Animals Monkey GIF by PBS

I'm not a PlayStation fan, at all - and I have cited this indecently - more than 100 times here. Never owned one actually, but I bet both of you have.

I'm an adult consumer.

As such it is my prerogative as to when Microsoft should hear their franchise looks UGLY. In this instance, it's UGLY.

A next gen effort backed by Microsofts cash and on a more powerful console... looks UGLY compared to OLDER LAST GEN games.

This is a huge issue for me and should be for any honest consumer but you're probably both on the 'We love ugly games and 2d anime

that mantle completely.

Halo will continue to look ugly, old and decrepit, worse than Xbox One games - if they do not do something to turn it around.

Continue defacing my posts cuz you can't possibly defend your stance otherwise, THIS GAME IS UGLY.

They can fix it, never said they couldn't - in fact as a consumer I expect them to which is why I'm pointing it out now.

UGLY GAME IS UGLY.

Get over it.

Or don't - cuz you like ugly games that are worse looking than last gen. And secretly love that Halo now looks WORSE than OLD competition.

I bet you do. I bet you're secretly pixel art enthusiasts that hate 3d anything and particularly probably Xbox fans/graphics enthusiasts.

The game is STILL ugly. And I'll continue posting that the game is UGLY..... over and over and over until it isn't anymore or until they release this ugly... worse looking than last gen cash grab.

And I guess you'll keep defacing my posts with nonsense cuz what else is there to say about an ugly archaic looking game? What can you say?

Oh wait let me guess...
Stop with the downplaying and downright nonsense regarding its graphics. It by any yardstick does not look ugly. You should not post in threads about this game as you clearly have an agenda.

TBiddy

Is it the best looking game ever? Probably not. I assume there are corridor games that look better. Is it ugly? Absolutely not.

Stop with the downplaying and downright nonsense regarding its graphics. It by any yardstick does not look ugly. You should not post in threads about this game as you clearly have an agenda.
Because agenda's are not the backbone of meaningful compelling conversation - you obviously didn't see my initial post citing I didn't realize it was ugly - until it became obvious certain areas of the image
looked painted on and completely fake.

Pointing this fact out mean's I'm some agenda driven fanboy when I am ....anything.... but, but go figure.

Hate to burst your bubble, just an honest consumer that wont waste my cash on some low grade effort when this companies own titles have denser, graphically richer games
with better graphics available now - from last gen.

Screenshot's that look painted on top of... across vast swathes of canvas meant to depict gameplay - infers the user/would be consumer pointing out glaring inconsistencies has an agenda. Only on Gaf.

Nothing anyone has said changes the fact that....

Literally entire swathes of the screenshots given to us have this issue I've highlighted

They all look and seem painted on with thick low detail brush strokes.

After close inspection.

And nothing anyone has said changes that fact

hlrKrsg.jpg

Last edited:

MonarchJT

Banned

I'm an adult consumer.

that mantle completely.

UGLY GAME IS UGLY.

Get over it.

Oh wait let me guess...
"Troll. Ignore my threads and posts. I won't be here long." ok i get it

kiphalfton

It kinda looks unfinished? 😅 How you work that one out Sherlock? I bow to your powers of perception 🤔

That doesn't excuse it being unfinished. If you're going to show 2 screenshots to the public, it's in your best interest to handpick it, and make damn sure it looks good (to avoid another PR crisis like last year).

Haggard

Banned
Looks much better than the last presentation but:

In times of advanced digital picture manipulation...never trust stills, especially if they`re advertisement.

Because agenda's are not the backbone of meaningful compelling conversation - you obviously didn't see my initial post citing I didn't realize it was ugly - until it became obvious certain areas of the image

Pointing this fact out mean's I'm some agenda driven fanboy when I am ....anything.... but, but go figure.

Hate to burst your bubble, just an honest consumer that wont waste my cash on some low grade effort when this companies own titles have denser, graphically richer games

Screenshot's that look painted on top of... across vast swathes of canvas meant to depict gameplay - infers the user/would be consumer pointing out glaring inconsistencies has an agenda. Only on Gaf.
I could pin point problems with any game on the market today, you are highly critical of a WIP and in all honesty I think you're being very nit-picky. People here who see a real improvement over what was shown last time and although not perfect (no game is) with 8 months development time left things are looking very promising. I say wait to see some gameplay before swearing off a game that could be something special.

Last edited:
That doesn't excuse it being unfinished. If you're going to show 2 screenshots to the public, it's in your best interest to handpick it, and make damn sure it looks good (to avoid another PR crisis like last year).
It does look good, like I said zooming in on certain objects is not the way to determine how good something looks. Any game can be made to look bad, take a look at the whole screenshot, take a look at the overriding majority of comments who think it looks good. These shots are clearly labelled WIP, or did you miss that because you were zooming in on the background? 😆

MonarchJT

Banned
I'm really not getting it. Can someone among those who are criticizing show another semi/openworld crossgen fps that look so much better to pass this new halo infinite off as "ugly". This situation is getting ridiculous and it demonstrates two things either the inability to technically judge or have an agenda. I remain available to see your screenshots that will make me change my mind

Last edited:

Loope

Nothing anyone has said changes the fact that....

Literally entire swathes of the screenshots given to us have this issue I've highlighted

They all look and seem painted on with thick low detail brush strokes.

After close inspection.

And nothing anyone has said changes that fact

hlrKrsg.jpg
What? When the hell was Halo bleeding edge? I always looked at it as a shooter with good mechanics with fighting in big arenas (and i don't really like Halo). I played it on PC at the time i seriously never seen anything bleeding edge about it.

Also, people really need to stop with the subjective opinion as they are facts: Ugly, good looking, looks better, etc. are not something worth fighting for because at the end of the day they're all subjective.

Even if i think you lost way too many time doing all that presentation, you raise some valid points there even if it is about a work in progress screenshot. The need to say it is ugly i don't know how many times, is just weird to be honest.

Looks nice. Would look much better with more volumetric lighting and shadowing. A bit of mist in the background to show it off.

So glad to see they seem to have abandoned those horrible hexagonal columns shown in the gameplay reveal. Game looks miles better for it.

betrayal

Banned
I really want to like the look of the game, but this all looks like "been there, done that". The art design and graphic design literally scream "generic" and the technology behind it looks like it has its best years behind it.

chonga

if you want we can go on zooming 2000x any official screenshot of all existing crossge game. What you say makes no sense. again
You don't have to zoom in 2000x to see that the first screenshot does look very off. The trees especially more so than the structure they keep using. It does look like the effect you might see in concept art.

The other screenshots don't carry that effect.

MonarchJT

Banned
You don't have to zoom in 2000x to see that the first screenshot does look very off. The trees especially more so than the structure they keep using. It does look like the effect you might see in concept art.

The other screenshots don't carry that effect.
is something that we noted also zooming in screenshot from the first reveal I think it's a prob related to the first iteration of the new engine?

cyen

Moderation really needs to step in, it's impossible to discuss anything Halo related without the usual drive byes just spewing shit out of their keyboards. It's not even hard to spot them and they make sure they regurgitate their shit visibly without any filter.

On the game it self, it's a massive upgrade, the plastic look is gone but we still need to see it in motion. Let's hope it makes 2021 as I'm really craving for some halo gameplay.

Last edited:

M1chl

Currently Gif and Meme Champion
Per my last post with screenshot descriptions, After really... reallllllly...... considering what I'm combing over.

Most of the asset's look considerably worse than last gen videogames and assets.

Last gen games and assets... all of which have higher fidelity, higher poly counts, better textures and look on the whole completely next gen (screenshots from well into last gen look next gen) compared to what Halo is showing off.

What in the world.

It's as if Microsoft is saying 'We are going to say to the world, we can ensure our flagship game performs graphically worse and still be the biggest baddest on the block in the console war. In fact, we can restart dev on this game and effectively ensure our game REMAINS graphically inferior - and people will still buy our product and we will still dominate'

Seriously...

Unless they plan on fixing things.

ZaTRm0a.jpg
That's like 720p right?

Loope

Moderation really needs to step in, it's impossible to discuss anything Halo related without the usual drive byes just spewing shit out of their keyboards. It's not even hard to spot them and they make sure they regurgitate their shit visibly without any filter.

On the game it self, it's a massive upgrade, the plastic look is gone but we still need to see it in motion. Let's hope it makes 2021 as I'm really craving for some halo gameplay.
They did, at least two of those people were banned in this thread.

cyen

They did, at least two of those people were banned in this thread.

The biggest one (and his cameo account) is still spewing shit around and he even has a nice tag confirming his troll status.

Last edited:

Umbasaborne

Banned
I need this to be good so badly. I just want a good Halo SP campaign, 343 please get your shit together.

As much as I like Halo 4 this shit is painfully truth. Halo 4 is so much more constrictive than every other Halo that came before.
I love the story, voice acting, new guns, music, and graphics in halo 4, the environments and lack of sand boxes were less impressive

Top Bottom