• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo Infinite launches holiday 2020, adds Xbox Project Scarlett version

the_master

What is the theory about mc wearing the same armor as halo 2/3?

Also, did I dream it or is mc going to get a copy of younger Cortana??? (Please do)

the_master

By the way, I really like the armors of the spartans in Halo 5 wouldn't mind s ing blue te with their halo 5's mjolnirs

Naked Lunch

My hype for Infinite is thru the fucking roof.

Been playing Halo MCC non stop on XB1. I havent played it for a few months - the game is tweaked so much in so many areas now. In game text chat - more armors for Halo 3 - tons of aim sensitivity options - match composer allowing you to choose any option you want for matchmaking, all the way down to ar starts.

It took them years to get it right - but Im glad they did. The game is now nearly perfect. With MS' crossgen stance - the MCC will likely be the sole version of classic Halo moving foward. Updated and supported potentially as long as xbox is around.

the_master

My hype for Infinite is thru the fucking roof.

Been playing Halo MCC non stop on XB1. I havent played it for a few months - the game is tweaked so much in so many areas now. In game text chat - more armors for Halo 3 - tons of aim sensitivity options - match composer allowing you to choose any option you want for matchmaking, all the way down to ar starts.

It took them years to get it right - but Im glad they did. The game is now nearly perfect. With MS' crossgen stance - the MCC will likely be the sole version of classic Halo moving foward. Updated and supported potentially as long as xbox is around.
I have been playing mcc myself. Just completed Halo 3. What an amazing, near perfect campaign. The best ever in a Halo game, the best ever in any fps.
I still hope they do a few inprovements to it. In game dialog subtitles, fix achievements not working, better display od objectives and par times/scores achieved. And a new remaster of halo ce that follows the standard (like halo 2 aniversary)

I also hope they add halo 5 there.
They should probably create a hub including all halo games up to infinite

Naked Lunch

I have been playing mcc myself. Just completed Halo 3. What an amazing, near perfect campaign. The best ever in a Halo game, the best ever in any fps.
I still hope they do a few inprovements to it. In game dialog subtitles, fix achievements not working, better display od objectives and par times/scores achieved. And a new remaster of halo ce that follows the standard (like halo 2 aniversary)
In multiplayer of MCC now - I keep seeing progress bars at the bottom of the screen - but im not exactly sure what they are unlocking. Is it additional points to level up season rewards or something else?

MCC as a Halo hub sounds great - and it looks to be the endgame for the project. I remember talk about it a long time ago. They could easily add Halo 5 or any games beyond I would imagine.

Last edited:

Also, did I dream it or is mc going to get a copy of younger Cortana??? (Please do)
I don't think they've shown Cortona yet, so we don't know.

I think the artist just prefer the Halo 3 MC look. I prefer it too. I think they should finally show MC's face with his helmet/visor/armor getting destroyed. Then give MC a completely new look with new armor/capabilities to get things more interesting.

VAVA Mk2

The armor is MJOLNIR Mk VI Gen 3. Gen 3 goes back to bulkier, more plating for heavier protection which is the story explanation for going back to Bungie's art style or a hybrid of it.

Banned

in the lore he never changed the armor (or at least it was never explained in any logical way... he literally changed armor designs while being in cryo sleep in a closed chamber... makes zero sense), the style was purely an artstyle change.

also it's not the same as in 2 or 3, this new design is certainly based on those older designs but it is distinct in many ways.
and honestly, it is by far my favorite design so far, they really nailed it with this redesign... like... damn!
hi_e319_bspk_goforth_wtrmk-ece77b191c9b4e8781d1fa3b4644f16b.jpg

Last edited:

VAVA Mk2

in the lore he never changed the armor (or at least it was never explained in any logical way... he literally changed armor designs while being in cryo sleep in a closed chamber... makes zero sense), the style was purely an artstyle change.

also it's not the same as in 2 or 3, this new design is certainly based on those older designs but it is distinct in many ways.
and honestly, it is by far my favorite design so far, they really nailed it with this redesign... like... damn!
The crappy in universe explanation of the armor change from Halo 3 to Halo 4 was Cortana using nanomachines to update the armor in addition to firmware changes while John was in Cryo. I know...stupid.

Banned
The crappy in universe explanation of the armor change from Halo 3 to Halo 4 was Cortana using nanomachines to update the armor in addition to firmware changes while John was in Cryo. I know...stupid.

yeah like I said... it was never properly explained, that shit is jist some hacked together explanation that makes absolutely zero sense xD

they shouldn't even have tried tbh, just say... it's the same but we reinterpreted it... which is what really happened 😂

is there an official explanation yet for why he now looks like a mix of Halo 1 and 3?

VAVA Mk2

yeah like I said... it was never properly explained, that shit is jist some hacked together explanation that makes absolutely zero sense xD

they shouldn't even have tried tbh, just say... it's the same but we reinterpreted it... which is what really happened 😂

is there an official explanation yet for why he now looks like a mix of Halo 1 and 3?
Yes. The armor is Gen 3 MJOLNIR which blends aspects of Gen 1 and 2 together.

oldergamer

Q5GBjVF.gif

Woah just saw this gif in the next gen thread (where it was being used as an example of cross gen games looking bad sigh). Anyone know when this was shown?, it looks great to me, and pretty much proof of Infinite being open world.
I guess this is old?, i dont have a clue, but i'm not worrying now about XB1 holding back Infinite anymore!.
Its from 2018

Havoc2049

In multiplayer of MCC now - I keep seeing progress bars at the bottom of the screen - but im not exactly sure what they are unlocking. Is it additional points to level up season rewards or something else?

MCC as a Halo hub sounds great - and it looks to be the endgame for the project. I remember talk about it a long time ago. They could easily add Halo 5 or any games beyond I would imagine.
It’s a Halo Reach style progression system to unlock armor. It’s grindy, but no where near as bad as the original Halo Reach on the X360.

After about 10k kills more or less, you should have the below unlocked. 😁
db883943-a7d1-46bb-9573-7d6962a25a21.PNG

the_master

That is your "Rank" as a player, I think it just shows some level progression and not sure if it also gives you points for unlocks.

I think the artist just prefer the Halo 3 MC look. I prefer it too. I think they should finally show MC's face with his helmet/visor/armor getting destroyed. Then give MC a completely new look with new armor/capabilities to get things more interesting.
Although they can't show his real face, that would piss people off XD.

The new Spartan program gives incentives to soldiers in the field. They are promoting good combat performance via an Interface in the helmet visor.

Killstreaks coming to Halo

Danny 117

Get on it DetectiveGAF! All I have so far is the year is 2561 and Halsey herself modified his armor (so she's still alive at least).

Last edited:

Men_in_Boxes

Snake Oil Salesman
Prediction: Multiplayer will feature regular soldiers fighting alongside Spartans. You might be able to "call down" a Spartan after accruing a certain amount of currency.

That armor makes him look like he's got some weight to him. I'm so freaking excited.

Men_in_Boxes

Snake Oil Salesman
Thank God you don't work at 343i.

Um...ok?

The 2018 trailer showed four regular soldiers dropping a smoke flair and a Spartan showing up. That wasn't random. The regular soldier X Spartan dynamic will play a big role in Infinite. I'm thinking more for multiplayer than single player.

Men_in_Boxes

Snake Oil Salesman
and the game will be renamed SpartanFall! it will have wallruns, and you can hack enemy robots... and Spartans will have ultimate abilities.

🙃🙃🙃

I think it's real. There's too much lore of Spartans showing up to turn the tide of a fight in the Halo universe. I could see 343 trying to emulate this feeling in Infinite. Plus, it helps lower skill players feel competent in multiplayer matches.

It'll still have traditional small scale modes for people who like old Halo.

the_master

Going back to the roots probably means playing as the MC (I hope we get Cortana as well in some form)

Then I guess they should do like Destiny basically.

Don't you think that getting the ring and making few big different areas and more or less copying Destiny game structure and gameplay would be great? Then maybe give it a spin in scale and massive battles.

Basically, for me, after HALO3 and reach, comes Destiny as the successor. If they did a destiny re-skin in the HAlo Universe it would be marvelous.

the_master

So, you start Infinite and soon after you find/get a Warthog. It is just a car, no turret (like in the 2018 trailer). Then throughout the game you keep improving it and customising it. Same with weapon skills, maybe some weapon mods and other vehicles... Would love to see some progression at least for certain game modes (They could keep arcade style campaign missions as well)

DeaDPo0L84

Halo is in such a weird spot for me personally as a franchise. Can't tell if I'm excited or intrigued or both. The series hasn't quite grabbed me since 343 took over. 4 and 5 just simply didn't have the magic that made the original trilogy (as well as Reach/ODST) special.

Me and my friends were never huge into multiplayer, we fell in love with SOCOM so that for years occupied our time.

But I am really excited to see what 343 has come up with. I realize after two chances for them to stick the landing and try different things they were essentially forced by the community to go back to Cheif and not do these weird storylines that didn't do service to what we had grown to love and want to see a continuation of.

I worked at gamestop when we got the original Xbox kiosk and of course the demo was Halo. I remember me and my coworkers freaking out over the grass textures and how huge the game seemed at the time. Seeing a new Xbox console with a new Halo title that appears ar this point to be somewhat recapturing that magic once more is exciting.

But man,if 343 somehow finds a way to fuck this up and not deliver, it could quite possibly be one of the biggest letdowns in gaming. But I think they'll do fine guess we will see in a few days.

LordOfChaos

Halo is in such a weird spot for me personally as a franchise. Can't tell if I'm excited or intrigued or both. The series hasn't quite grabbed me since 343 took over. 4 and 5 just simply didn't have the magic that made the original trilogy (as well as Reach/ODST) special.

I think Infinite is going to be the one to decide my continued interest in the franchise, and I think a lot of people feel the way. There's some promising themes from what we've seen, but Halo 5 felt like such a fanfic sidequest to me compared to the really cool things being set up in the Forerunner trilogy by Greg Bear, Hunt the Truth, and even Halo 4. Infinite will just have to deal with the plot 4 set off, but I want to get into the good stuff after it. The Primordial, the second judgement of the Precursors, Mendicant Bias.

supernova8

Banned
I think Infinite is going to be the one to decide my continued interest in the franchise, and I think a lot of people feel the way. There's some promising themes from what we've seen, but Halo 5 felt like such a fanfic sidequest to me compared to the really cool things being set up in the Forerunner trilogy by Greg Bear, Hunt the Truth, and even Halo 4. Infinite will just have to deal with the plot 4 set off, but I want to get into the good stuff after it. The Primordial, the second judgement of the Precursors, Mendicant Bias.

I'd probably blame the terrible Xbox One launch. I've missed loads of great games on that platform because they tried to force me to buy Kinect. Didn't work!

splattered

I think it's real. There's too much lore of Spartans showing up to turn the tide of a fight in the Halo universe. I could see 343 trying to emulate this feeling in Infinite. Plus, it helps lower skill players feel competent in multiplayer matches.

It'll still have traditional small scale modes for people who like old Halo.

People like to bitch that BR has no place in games like Halo but i think as long as they paid full attention to traditional MP as well BR could be a hell of a lot of fun especially with all of the vehicles the Halo universe has.

I also think BR in Titanfall would be amazing calling down titans for the final circle battle... missed opportunity IMO. They could have at least added something like that to Apex since it's supposed to be in the same universe.

Bernkastel

Ask me about my fanboy energy!
“But you know, we also have Halo. The last time we had Halo at the launch of a console was 2001. And we feel really good about Halo. It’ll be a big part in the [Xbox Series X Game Showcase on July 23].”
Spencer didn’t offer much in the way of details on the next Halo game — it’s said to be a major focus of Microsoft’s game showcase this week — but he did offer an intriguing hint about Halo Infinite’s “structure” and some lessons learned from from Halo: The Master Chief Collection, the six-game compilation that’s still rolling out new games on PC.
“There’s been a ton of learning in the studio around what does it mean to actually have a collection, the kind of totality of the Halo lore and stories and experience inside of one Halo world, one Halo UI, and platform,” Spencer said. “As 343 has gone through this journey, they’ve seen some of the benefits of not requiring that our customers make a decision between ‘Do I want to play this one or that one?’ I feel like in a way, the games almost compete with each other. You see that with some of the annualized franchises that are out there — which clearly Halo’s not annualized — but you see that where you spend a lot of energy actually trying to move the customers who are already playing your game to a new version of your game. I think as gaming has evolved, there’s a view of ‘Our customers are our customers and we should respect them where they are.’ It’s similar to our Xbox message, and I think you’ll see that in terms of the way Infinite is talked about — even the structure of what the game is itself.”

Starfield

slighty OT question but how do you unlock the flaming recon helmet in Halo 3 on MCC PC? I see people using it but have no idea how to unlock it. dont see it under customization either

SpartanN92

Banned
slighty OT question but how do you unlock the flaming recon helmet in Halo 3 on MCC PC? I see people using it but have no idea how to unlock it. dont see it under customization either

Flaming helmet is a chest piece actually. It should be available for you by default. It’s called Legacy.
UoFEbFl.jpg

Last edited:

the_master

Something else I'd love to see in Infinite would be massive vehicles from every faction, including scarabs and krakens, but expanding on them, also some giant human land vehicles woudl be cool to fight on. They could also involve campaign and multiplayer objectives.

JLB

Banned
Um...ok?

The 2018 trailer showed four regular soldiers dropping a smoke flair and a Spartan showing up. That wasn't random. The regular soldier X Spartan dynamic will play a big role in Infinite. I'm thinking more for multiplayer than single player.

ha, good catch, didnt notice that. You mean something like titans on TF?

Top Bottom