• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo Infinite launches holiday 2020, adds Xbox Project Scarlett version

VN1X

Banned
Man... I'd love to see some MP footage. Fuckin' Activision always pulled this stunt with CoD as well but thankfully they've learned in recent years that there's a huge portion of their audience that just wants to see MP gameplay and don't care much for the singleplayer side of things. Personally, when it comes to CoD and Halo I've always played both the campaigns and multiplayer portions but for Infinite in particular I'm curious as to what they will do for MP in order to get it back into the limelight. Especially in todays climate where there's a plethora of polished free shooters.

Bernkastel

Ask me about my fanboy energy!
Man... I'd love to see some MP footage. Fuckin' Activision always pulled this stunt with CoD as well but thankfully they've learned in recent years that there's a huge portion of their audience that just wants to see MP gameplay and don't care much for the singleplayer side of things. Personally, when it comes to CoD and Halo I've always played both the campaigns and multiplayer portions but for Infinite in particular I'm curious as to what they will do for MP in order to get it back into the limelight. Especially in todays climate where there's a plethora of polished free shooters.
There are some rumours about MP being a separate game and may even be free. Its been going on since 2019, but it being free is something we are now hearing.

the_master

I am replaying all halos this days and I now hope that they split the campaign feom the multiplayer.
This way they can tuen abilities and weapons for campaign and multiplayer independently and make the best out of them. Otherwise they constrain each other.
I want more enhanced mobility in the campaign and more powerful and unbalanced weapons some times without having to cap them for multiplayer.

Simpkin92

I hope they come through. I want to see some innovation, like an open world. My biggest fear is that they just show linear levels akin to halo 5.

Wimbledon

I can see Semi open-world something like Destiny maybe a bit bigger than that. Random encounters, and making full use of tool in the sandbox to create fun and engaging encounters with enemies or get to areas.

But full-on open-world like Skyrim nope I can't see that.

It would be a bold step if they did though.

Open world rumours have been doing the rounds for a while. I believe the rumours suggest a semi open world environment with some light RPG mixed in.

Not sure how I feel about it. On one hand, I can see it working incredibly well, on the other, I feel it's moving far beyond what Halo was. Nostalgia is a bitch.

Still, incredibly hyped to see what they've been cooking. I've got faith in 343. Absolutely loved Halo 5 multi (damn the naysayers)

Nikana

Go Go Neo Rangers!
I can see Semi open-world something like Destiny maybe a bit bigger than that. Random encounters, and making full use of tool in the sandbox to create fun and engaging encounters with enemies or get to areas.

I think this makes the most sense. As there appears to be an increase in enemy factions you can easily have some type of dynamic encounters that vary throughout the world as you can rotate the enemy encounters. But also be able to randomly have multiple factions right each other.

SpartanN92

Banned
Open world rumours have been doing the rounds for a while. I believe the rumours suggest a semi open world environment with some light RPG mixed in.

Not sure how I feel about it. On one hand, I can see it working incredibly well, on the other, I feel it's moving far beyond what Halo was. Nostalgia is a bitch.

Still, incredibly hyped to see what they've been cooking. I've got faith in 343. Absolutely loved Halo 5 multi (damn the naysayers)

Halo 5 is bad and you should feel bad

Leyasu

Banned

I agree with this.

Gotta say it though, I would love to hear announcements that a massive enemy deployment is happening in 5 mins and that other people playing the campaign could join together for a large battle. Nothing major, say upto 12 people could arrive at a point then have a big battle. Afterwards, they go back to their instance.

Oh yeah, halo 5 mp is the best arena shooter this gen. And the only thing that cheapens it is spartan charge. Apart from that, everything movement wise is great.

Fight me fuckers!

Last edited:

stickkidsam

There's no way they'd release the multiplayer as a separate game. It's a core part of every Halo game, mainline or otherwise. I can imagine them releasing a standalone Battle Royale though ala Call of Duty.

It’s awful. Who on earth thought Spartan Charge and Ground Pound were good ideas?
I know you like Power Rangers but this is Halo and that shit was trash.

Agree that Ground Pound was useless, but it doesn't ruin MP. It was just another useless multiplayer ability, which isn't new to Halo (hello Reach).

Multi was sublime! Bring me more of it.

JLMC469

Banned
The SMG sounds glorious
YAb2rdt.jpg

Wvrs

It’s awful. Who on earth thought Spartan Charge and Ground Pound were good ideas?
I know you like Power Rangers but this is Halo and that shit was trash.

I think it's a good concept to make the Spartans feel like the supersoldier they are in lore. But I'd rather them leave that to campaign and MP be Halo 2/3 style.

Banned
I think it's a good concept to make the Spartans feel like the supersoldier they are in lore. But I'd rather them leave that to campaign and MP be Halo 2/3 style.

only that none of these abilities would make any sense in a real battle scenario.
same with Sprint... what kind of super soldier with built in servos and hud elements for aiming would need to lower his gun to shoot at a target while running slightly faster than normal?

Halo 5 spartans don't feel like super soldiers, they feel like clunky mini tanks with useless features.
why not just make Spartans faster in every direction while being able to still aim and shoot?

it didn't help that the controls in Halo 5 were clunky and overly convoluted. just compare how it feels to do a slide in Apex or Titanfall to how it feels in Halo 5. even fucking sprinting feels slow and cumbersome even compared to Halo 4 funnily enough.
trying to play Halo 5 nowadays is really eye-opening on how bad the game feels to play. the clunky controls, the stiff feeling abilities like sprint, thrusters and sliding combined with the ridiculously low FOV, it's just awful. even Halo 4 now feels better to play by a landslide... too bad that game was a bad attempt at copying Call of Duty tho.

RookX22

As a person who just beat 1 and 2, I have beat all the others when they came out but for some reason 1 and 2 I just played the multiplayer at friends houses when I was younger, I got to say I can not wait for Infinite and some of you guys bashing 4 and 5 are seeing the old ones through rose tinted glasses imo the new ones feel and play so much better.

Hendrick's

If only my penis was as big as my GamerScore!
I really want this game to be able to replicate the feeling I had when I first played CE. That's probably impossible, but hopefully they come close.

Last edited:

Gravemind

What’s the chance they put an open beta out? O% because of series X not being out yet?

Probably closer to 100% actually, given Bonnie Ross's statements a few years ago:

"Going forward, you will never see a Halo game coming out without a beta. It was obviously painful for our fans and for us. But it won’t happen again. There are things we put in place to make sure that we know everything, how it stands up outside and in the wild.” - Bonnie Ross, Head of 343 Industries.

The beta will likely go live on Xbox One and One X. They wont need the Series X version to release in order to collect multiplayer data from the community.

If the rumour about Halo Infinite multiplayer releasing some time after the single player campaign proves to be true, then you might see the multiplayer beta release after Halo Infinite's campaign launches. That's just a unsubstantiated rumour though so right now theres no concrete reason to believe that will be the case.

Last edited:

Flyinmunky

I only completed Halo 1 on PC and remember playing a lot of blood gulch but never tried the rest. Always been interested as like chiefs design and the dynamic with cortana and the music but its one franchise i never sat down and really got into. Spent few hours catching up on story (Via youtube movie versions and lore details on the banished, Flood etc)

I'm now quietly hyped to see Infinite and pretty sure i will pick up on PC.

Listen im no halo fan. But 3 had such a good time playing mp with a few of my buddies back in the 360 days. It would be a big blow if mp isn't there day 1 like I just dont see that going over well even if its free when it launches. This is why I don't think this is the case halo is ms crown jewel no way this doesn't launch without mp.

You’re all insane.
It's never easy to consider yourself the hardest of hardcore fans just to realize few people actually share your massive hate you piled up over the years. :p

I really really liked Halo 5 Multiplayer, Groudpounding brought sooo many funny games and the new mobility just opened up new options for exploiting good map design.

Codes 208

Multiplayer should NOT be released later. Releasing it later would suggest they took it as an afterthought and frankly that’s good faith they don’t deserve right now.

plus do theynot remember the meltdowns of halo 5 launching without BTB or forge?

Multiplayer should NOT be released later. Releasing it later would suggest they took it as an afterthought and frankly that’s good faith they don’t deserve right now.

plus do theynot remember the meltdowns of halo 5 launching without BTB or forge?
I think releasing it seperately at a different point in time actually pronounces that they took their time needed.
Also I'd say there's a massive difference between doing that and releasing a multiplayer that is not feature-complete.

Stuart360

Q5GBjVF.gif

Woah just saw this gif in the next gen thread (where it was being used as an example of cross gen games looking bad sigh). Anyone know when this was shown?, it looks great to me, and pretty much proof of Infinite being open world.
I guess this is old?, i dont have a clue, but i'm not worrying now about XB1 holding back Infinite anymore!.

Q5GBjVF.gif

Woah just saw this gif in the next gen thread (where it was being used as an example of cross gen games looking bad sigh). Anyone know when this was shown?, it looks great to me, and pretty much proof of Infinite being open world.
I guess this is old?, i dont have a clue, but i'm not worrying now about XB1 holding back Infinite anymore!.
It's from the reveal trailer back in 2018

The gif is purposely downgraded to show what people think it will look like on the OG Xbox One.

Last edited:

the_master

Q5GBjVF.gif

I think this was the 2018 trailer, the first they showed, at the end.
It looks awesome to me. Although it is a scene made for the trailer, not a piece captured of a game level (of course, it is a 2years early trailer with no finished levels)

Top Bottom