• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo Infinite Lead Producer Has Left 343 Industries – Report (Update)

Tesseract

Banned
Innit like a woman, stay trying to get inside your head.
giphy.gif

Stuart360

Gold Member
it's worrying they've shown absolutely nothing

multiplayer should honestly prolly already be in early access
To be fair, we hardly saw anything of Gears 5 until like a month before release, and that turned out alright.
I have this feeling that they are going open world with Halo, and want to keep that a secret. Plus there is a full year or more before it releases.

Tesseract

Banned
To be fair, we hardly saw anything of Gears 5 until like a month before release, and that turned out alright.
I have this feeling that they are going open world with Halo, and want to keep that a secret. Plus there is a full year or more before it releases.

nothing is gained by keeping it a secret tho

if it's good people will be happy, if it sucks it'll be too late to change things and we're right back where we started when 343 was first put together

Stuart360

Gold Member

if it's good people will be happy, if it sucks it'll be too late to change things and we're right back where we started when 343 was first put together
Well the game might not be graphically in a state they really want to show it this early. Or with it also getting a next gen release, maybe they are keeping it for E3 and the Scarlett full reveal.

E3 2018 had a decent trailer which was over a year before its release.

What 343 showed at E3 this year was a massive joke. It should have been something along the lines of what Gears did above.

Last edited:

What 343 showed at E3 this year was a massive joke. It should have been something along the lines of what Gears did above.

WTF did that bitch PUSH two guys for NO REASON AT ALL? There is literally NO-ONE standing ONE person to her right.

EDIT: Wow, that trailer was pathetic. Give me my 4 minutes back please.

Last edited:

Dude, why would they blow their load before E3 2020 with the reveal of their console when hype and excitement for next-gen is at an 11?

It'd be dumb to show more than they did.

Last edited:
Dude, why would they blow their load before E3 2020 with the reveal of their console when hype and excitement for next-gen is at an 11?

It'd be dumb to show more than they did.

No loads needed blowing at E3 2019. But what they showed wasn't even in the same league compared to something like the Announcement trailer from 2018. The E3 2019 trailer was trash.

Last edited:
No loads needed blowing at E3 2019. But what they showed wasn't even in the same league compared to something like the Announcement trailer from 2018. It was trash.
I don't agree with that at all, I think this was more impactful personally and gives hints to a story, hints to what's going on and the mystery shrouding it all.

The video from 2018 was just an engine demonstration, sure if gave you some clues to the art style and world building but that's it.

DeepEnigma

Gold Member
And yet when the likes of Bruce Straley leaves Naughty Dog nothing is said. I guess the Last Of US IP is 'doomed' LOL

giphy.gif

Just 10+ pages of all kinds of mixed reactions.

Sure there is, hype dies down sometimes and they have a full year to build that up right now. Their will most likely be a Beta around August/September and more content shown during XO19 then E3 will provide an in depth look at it all while trickling out new modes. They have to cover Single Player Plot, Single Player Gameplay, MultiPlayer, Forge, New Warzone, Firefight (if they're smart), Armor customization and so on. If you literally flood the public with info a few months before launch, hype for the game will be strong.

Last edited:

nikolino840

Funny how a team of 500 made "shitty Halo 4 and 5" buy every time someone leaves it is a key person from the team.
Should be doomed if the normal employees run away..in time of crisis low level employees could be the firsts to be fired not the executives
Try to think if something went wrong where you work...Who stay at home First?

Any news about a Mass dismissal of employees at 343i?

John Junyszek, Community Manager at 343 Industries, has provided an update on the situation via a post on Reddit. In it, he explains that Olson did not take over Longo's role, as instead she was working to "help drive the game to its completion for our holiday 2020 release date" and was not involved with creative decision making. He further explains that the idea of Olson replacing Longo "...implies that Mary took over creative control of the entire game, didn't like what she saw, and then decided to leave. If that's what actually happened, I could totally understand getting worried – but that isn't the case, as she was a Lead Producer and not a new Creative Director."

Midwinter Entertainment is the team working on Scavengers. Interestingly enough, according to Olson's profile, she never took over the role of Lead Producer on Halo Infinite. It's possible she wasn't in the role for a long time or internal discussions found someone to take the lead on the finishing the campaign. It's also important to note that the overall creative lead for the game remains Chris Lee, who is the Studio Head for Halo Infinite and all first-person shooter Halo titles developed by 343 Industries.

Last edited:

JimiNutz

Banned
Hopefully they show us some gameplay really fucking soon or at least give us some information. I don't think there would be quite as much doom and gloom about the franchise if we had any idea where it was heading.

I'm in the camp that thought Halo 5 MP was sublime but there are still a lot of people that didn't like it (it was certainly divisive) and the SP campaign was pretty universally despised.

It's now nearly 4 years since that highly divisive/universally disliked game and the studio have given us nothing about the next entry (in terms of gameplay). It's no wonder the fanbase are mostly pessimistic and dejected.

The game is a year out and we still know pretty much nothing. That would be fine for a franchise like GTA or COD but Halo is not a franchise like that anymore. People aren't just going to be excited for your game based on your past achievements anymore. 343 actually have to convince people to be excited this time and so far they've done a pretty fucking terrible job. This franchise is in danger of being completely forgotten if they don't drum up some interest soon.

giphy.gif

Just 10+ pages of all kinds of mixed reactions.

Hardly Last Of Us is 'doomed'

You see what you want to see.

You do realize the thread title is sarcasm, correct?

I do. But I didn't see many people saying Naughty Dog has had it when the founders left, much less Drakes and Last of Us have had it because of Bruce Straley and Amy Henning leaving. Staff leave 343 and its the end of Halo and the whole project and studi is in trouble

I don't agree with that at all, I think this was more impactful personally and gives hints to a story, hints to what's going on and the mystery shrouding it all.

The video from 2018 was just an engine demonstration, sure if gave you some clues to the art style and world building but that's it.
I'm okay with them keeping a lid on the campaign, but I would gladly take a matchmaking beta. While unlikely, I'm still wishing that at least an announcement for a beta will be made at X019. Keeping everything under wraps until E3 2020 would just be depressing. 343 has the opportunity to gradually ramp up the excitement leading up to E3 2020, but the question is will they?

Shmunter

This could be a net positive. I’m off the mind this game should be exclusive to the next gen Xbox taking advantage of everything the new tech offers instead of a watered down vision limited by the current CPU’s. This could bump it so far that it will be next gen only.

Stuart360

Gold Member
This could be a net positive. I’m off the mind this game should be exclusive to the next gen Xbox taking advantage of everything the new tech offers instead of a watered down vision limited by the current CPU’s. This could bump it so far that it will be next gen only.
I doubt they will go next gen only, especially with the rumoured 500mil budget (although thats just fake hype imo). I do think the Scarlett version will be much more than a simple rez and framerate bump though. In fact i expect 2 very different versions of the same game, one taking advantage of XB1, and the other taking advantage of Scarlett.

Great Hair

Banned

Tim Longo (Creative Director) and Mary Olsen (Audio Director for Sony&Halo Franchise, Executive Director and Lead Producer) leaving 1 year prior launch is not worrisome?

Roles and responsibilities of various team members regularly evolve to meet the needs of a game, throughout development. We have recently had two changes to the Halo Infinite development team. Our Executive Producer, Mary Olson will now take charge of the Campaign team on Halo Infinite as the Lead Producer, utilizing her many years of experience at 343 to help craft a great campaign for fans.

343i are located in Washington, Midwinter her new studio is at Seattle ... rather a big jump, for a woman with 2 children leaving all her hard work at 343i and friends behind. But maybe the whole campaign of Halo 6 is done, and now they´re working on the extras for 1 whole year?

Yeah ...

Top Bottom