• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo Infinite is a prime example of why it's fun to make memes

Captain Hero

The Spoiler Soldier
bMvZT8c.jpg

You should educate yourself on diversity hiring practices before calling people vile.

I assume that this is how deep your "arguments" go, name calling people.

You should educate yourself on unconscious bias.

"Neuroscientists have uncovered brain regions involved in racial and gender stereotyping and shown that such stereotypes begin to form early in childhood. Recent work found that the brain responds more strongly to information about ethnic groups who are portrayed unfavourably, suggesting that the negative depiction of minorities in the media can fuel bias. ..." and so on.

Diversity hiring exists to try and remedy innate biases that humans exhibit. Put simply, people tend to hire people like themselves, consciously or unconsciously and tend to avoid groups that have been represented negatively.

However, that's not related to the 'vile' label I used. I called their comments vile because they suggested that minorities have been hired in their city and then they don't go to work which sounds like facist right wing talk radio propaganda nonsense. Yeah, sure, tons of minorities are playing the system, getting jobs and then not bothering to work because they are that lazy and manipulative. Give me a break with that crap.

You can't seriously believe that?

The problem is, it's not like the game looked great and we are just making fun of something silly that happened. These guys at xbox are PR spinners and hyped and lied to us about how amazing everything will look, most powerfull console blah blah, and we are making fun of that PR spin because halo looks like trash, it shouldnt be funny to them.

The meme is born out of a legitimate consumer concern, They shouldnt be laughing they should be fixing their game
Naah MS is to bussy to damagecontrol this whole PR shitshow...

"Neuroscientists have uncovered brain regions involved in racial and gender stereotyping and shown that such stereotypes begin to form early in childhood. Recent work found that the brain responds more strongly to information about ethnic groups who are portrayed unfavourably, suggesting that the negative depiction of minorities in the media can fuel bias. ..." and so on.
This is called in group bias, it is also what creates the bound between a mother and her children (and the rest of the family, and the tribe), there are strong natural selection effects working in the favor of its existence.

While what you say about the neuroscience itself is not false, you may want to review the context in the which the science is used, this is where we disagree. Why are some minority groups represented in a certain manner? What's the best way to address this? How other groups get out of this stigmatizing situation in the past and on other countries? is it really a big problem? and more importantly why should we change the NEWS of all thing? The suggestion that truth is the enemy of some idea is manipulative and remove all incentive to actually search for the truth (and why do you refer to science, isn't it racist in and of itself? Trollish, but kind of true).
Diversity hiring exists to try and remedy innate biases that humans exhibit. Put simply, people tend to hire people like themselves, consciously or unconsciously and tend to avoid groups that have been represented negatively.
The problem is not in trying to correct it, the problem is where the solutions are aimed (at the end of the cycle, when you hire or pick admissions in higher ed)... and obviously the type of solutions, their obvious side effects (they do radicalize people and for good reason).

The idea of enforcing quotas at time of hiring makes no sense, there are (I would say most) work fields and regions where the candidates are just not there. Not only that, but people from diverse ethnic/gender backgrounds have succeeded in very technical fields, got high paying jobs and/or leadership roles before. The ethnic groups that make the most money on average are not whites, at least not in the US and Canada, there are sub groups of white skinned people who are just as disproportionately affected by economic disparities (French decent v.s. east European decent)
However, that's not related to the 'vile' label I used. I called their comments vile because they suggested that minorities have been hired in their city and then they don't go to work which sounds like facist right wing talk radio propaganda nonsense. Yeah, sure, tons of minorities are playing the system, getting jobs and then not bothering to work because they are that lazy and manipulative. Give me a break with that crap.
This was not a suggestion that some people from minorities are hired because quotas have been put in place--people are manipulative--so when they figure out they are protected because of the staffing quotas some will abuse it (there may not be enough candidates of the right background to fill in the quotas). This is an observation, not mere suggestion.

Note that many immigrants I worked with totally fit the workaholic go getter stereotype as well, I don't want you to think that I mean you can just judge a person based on this type of characteristic.

Here we go off the rails again, if right wing talk radio people are those who argue that black people can succeed in the right circumstances if they are given the tools early in life. There is no need for a special need access ramp for people of color.

Also, this system does not scale globally, if you move outside the occidental societies actual racism is the norm, actual racial discrimination is often enshrined in law, when this is not actual slavery (Africans in Lybia) or organ harvesting (Uighur in China)... Women, gay, etc. being killed in the streets by the authorities.
You can't seriously believe that?
You are arguing against something I never said.
azXLNNp_700bwp.webp

EDIT: I have not seen so good memes in such a long time! MS must be pretty happy with the social media attention!

Last edited:

Here comes brutos, kratos less detailed lost brother
Ed1RSZ9VAAIr5mq

Hey look Craimos is back in a brand new god of war game, a side story told for Halo audiences who've discovered the slain Craig in Halo Infinite is from the lost land of Sparta on Earth and is out for revenge against master chief, lets go!!

Top Bottom