• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo Infinite - Game Overview Trailer

MCplayer

Same day as Forza Horizon 5?
I think not.

P.S If the MP looks this good at 120fps.
Im more than fine with this.
Gt6OgIj.jpg
Put a screenshot of the first person perspective, it looks straight up a small improvement over halo 5 no wonder its 120fps free to play

MCplayer

Yap thats 343 for you, rip halo bungie
I might just be getting old but remember when E3 actually walked through game modes? Like it was an actually demonstration and not a trailer? Did you hear "ordinance drop?" I couldn't tell if this was BTB or a mix.

The lack of campaign is alarming this late in the game. It tells me, it is what is. Generally by now, we would have gotten an opening mission walk demo of some sort. I have a feeling this one is slipping again. It's not enough shown for a full year of extra development.

Tschumi

It's a... cinematic...

I mean what else are we supposed to zero in on?

Looks like there's a new Cortana for fan made hentai hm

re: multiplayer

nothing in there to suggest there are maps that are bigger than blood gulch, or that ice one, in the original game... looking forward to more peeks

Last edited:

IYAOYAS2019

I hope we get more of an explanation as the game continues. "She got deleted" is overly simplistic way to close out her story and a fuck you to people that sadly played Halo 5.
Don't get your hopes up, 343 killed off two of their big bads in either a cinematic or a comic book before.

Cortana 2.0 was pretty much confirmed by the lead in novel.

People complained they wanted the original Halo again - 343 took it literally.

They told us back during Halo 4. A recessive variant of Cortana existed when she created her. It was in one of the audio logs I believe. But this is in keeping with information revealed in past Halo titles.

Andodalf

Banned
I am beyond disappointed.

A fucking cinematic, a politically dresses up Cortana and some multiplayer cut shots.
Wow, they outdone themselves, this was worse than last year. I thought I could not get disappointed and yet, here I am.

Holy shit, the AI that isn’t human doesn’t show BOOBA so you’re done with the franchise? LMAO get over yourself. Touch grass

Last edited:

BabyYoda

Banned
With the dudes masquerading as women in all the big games now you are surprised? They were never going to give us a beautiful caring woman again - she needs to be strong = look and act like a man.
No, not surprised, it's everywhere, the forced diversity (which means less white men), the masculine and unattractive women trying to be as badass as the men and failing almost every time (the woman giving a macho inspirational speech in Halo Infinite mp vid made me cringe and laugh, not sure that's what they were going for).

Yeah, to be expected now, especially from a woke company like Microsoft. I can live with it to a degree though and would barely even notice it if the show hadn't been so underwhelming, some good moments though, but the Halo mp stuff looked really meh to me, the campaign stuff looked better (bar the aforementioned problem), but still really uninspired, Bungie's Halo used to be on the cutting edge, it's just feels like 343 are always playing catchup with the big boys now...I blame diversity hires/promotions like Bonnie Ross, a series like Halo needs a man in charge, there I said it!

No, not surprised, it's everywhere, the forced diversity (which means less white men), the masculine and unattractive women trying to be as badass as the men and failing almost every time (the woman giving a macho inspirational speech in Halo Infinite mp vid made me cringe and laugh, not sure that's what they were going for).

Yeah, to be expected now, especially from a woke company like Microsoft. I can live with it to a degree though and would barely even notice it if the show hadn't been so underwhelming, some good moments though, but the Halo mp stuff looked really meh to me, the campaign stuff looked better (bar the aforementioned problem), but still really uninspired, Bungie's Halo used to be on the cutting edge, it's just feels like 343 are always playing catchup with the big boys now...I blame diversity hires/promotions like Bonnie Ross, a series like Halo needs a man in charge, there I said it!
I… the new cortana looked like a man to you? What cus she has smaller tits? Who are you guys fuckin with

YukiOnna

Staten's blurb about the Campaign from his Xbox Wire post:
Lastly, while today is largely a celebration of Halo Infinite’s multiplayer experience, I’d be remiss if I didn’t also speak to those tantalizing bits of the campaign we shared during the showcase. We are continuing the story of the Master Chief and Cortana from Halo 5, but also telling a story that’s welcoming for new players. Cortana’s fate is one of the Infinite campaign’s big mysteries, and early in the story, you will meet a new UNSC AI, “the Weapon”, that was created to help stop Cortana. Together with the Pilot, the Master Chief, and the Weapon begin an epic adventure to explore Zeta Halo, defeat the Banished forces who control the ring, and unravel even more mysteries along the way.

Speaking on behalf of the whole Halo Infinite team, we’re honored to share our work with you today as we close in on the launch of Halo Infinite this Holiday. We’ve got a lot more to share with you over the coming months, but more importantly there’s so much for you to discover for yourself when the game comes out. Zeta Halo is almost ready for you to explore, and I hope you’re as excited as we are for all the adventures in store.

Vaelka

Cortana with clothes just looks weird as hell, I never understood why it was so '' controversial '' that she was '' naked ''.
Her body didn't even look human it looked more holographic and like she was made out of circuits.

When I saw her my thought was just '' really?.... '' and she just looks wonky.

Holy shit, the AI that isn’t human doesn’t show BOOBA so you’re done with the franchise? LMAO get over yourself. Touch grass

Y'all are so damn reductionistic and have the most simple-minded takes ever on this.
It's not about '' wanting booba '' it's just about boring visual design.
Like I said above before she looked like she was made out of circuits and was inhuman.
Now she essentially could pass as a human holograph onboard a ship or something speaking to Chief, the fact that she wasn't human but became humanized was part of her design and getting rid of that and making her design very literally human is just weird and feels off.
Just makes her look like some rando scientist NPC Chief interacts with rather than an A.I.

Like actually think about it, someone had to literally go in and redesign her like that in the lore.
Why didn't they just do that from the beginning then, it just feels very on the nose and like it breaks the fourth wall imo.

Last edited:

ZehDon

Staten's blurb about the Campaign from his Xbox Wire post:
Lastly, while today is largely a celebration of Halo Infinite’s multiplayer experience, I’d be remiss if I didn’t also speak to those tantalizing bits of the campaign we shared during the showcase. We are continuing the story of the Master Chief and Cortana from Halo 5, but also telling a story that’s welcoming for new players. Cortana’s fate is one of the Infinite campaign’s big mysteries, and early in the story, you will meet a new UNSC AI, “the Weapon”, that was created to help stop Cortana. Together with the Pilot, the Master Chief, and the Weapon begin an epic adventure to explore Zeta Halo, defeat the Banished forces who control the ring, and unravel even more mysteries along the way.

Speaking on behalf of the whole Halo Infinite team, we’re honored to share our work with you today as we close in on the launch of Halo Infinite this Holiday. We’ve got a lot more to share with you over the coming months, but more importantly there’s so much for you to discover for yourself when the game comes out. Zeta Halo is almost ready for you to explore, and I hope you’re as excited as we are for all the adventures in store.

Thanks for sharing. Staten's line about more for us to discover is concerning to me. When Staten was still with Bungie, they pulled the same line with Destiny 1, and then after Staten left Bungie, they pulled the same line with Destiny 2. Both times, Bungie claimed they were keeping everything secret so that players had more to discover when the game came out. What players discovered was that Destiny 1 had no story, and that Destiny 2 was a disaster. I really, really hope Staten isn't falling back into that pattern.

ZehDon

Not sure where best to post this, so here we go. The info dump on Waypoint went up, and it's got some interesting info in it.

More gameplay dropping tomorrow:
  • 343 Industries Halo Infinite Multiplayer Overview – Monday, 6/14 – More gameplay and insights from the team, debuts at 8AM PT on YouTube.com/Halo.
The sweaty 4v4 remains the core offering.
At the core of Halo Infinite’s multiplayer offering is the Arena, which once again pits two teams of four Spartans against each other in a variety of new and returning modes. Halo’s Arena has and continues to be defined by fair starts and teams working closely to control key areas of a map while utilizing the sandbox in the most impactful manner. Scavenging also remains a key component – players will strategically work together to acquire newly spawned weapons off a rack or take down an opponent to loot their equipment and use it against them.
Big Team Battle is 24 players. Rumours were swelling that we'd get something even bigger.
When Halo Infinite releases this holiday, it will also usher in the long-awaited return of Big Team Battle. This classic series stalwart is back, but bigger and better than ever, supporting 24 players on large vehicle-friendly maps tapping into the full extent of the sandbox.
Cross progression is confirmed (not sure if it was before)
Console and PC players will play together via crossplay while support for cross-progression means you can move freely from one platform to the other and keep working on your Spartan’s journey.
No loot boxes or chance mechanics re-confirmed.
We’ve said this before, but it bears saying again - there will be no loot boxes or elements of chance if you decide to purchase an optional customization item. And, of course, all of Halo Infinite’s Spartan customization elements are purely cosmetic and have no impact to gameplay.
Team colours are out, and their new "Friend or Foe" outline system is in. It wasn't shown in the trailer.
To fully support our goals for expanded player expression in Halo Infinite the team has designed a new “friend and foe” system for multiplayer games. At a high level, this functions as an “outline” system that uses different colors to denote friends and foes. These colors are configurable for accessibility purposes and whatever colors you assign will match your scoreboard, team bases, and team flags. This isn’t depicted in the reveal trailer, due to its more cinematic nature, but we’ll have more details to share down the road (and Halo Insiders will be able to check it out first-hand during technical previews later this summer).

And last but not least, they threw up a bunch of 4k Screenshots. I have to say, it actually looks decent in some of these:
haloinfinite_mp03_3840x2160-932aff9eef904f018d18c402f4270192.png
haloinfinite_mp04_3840x2160-d3a643feb2d4443985a220e1b7fbb03d.png
haloinfinite_mp01_3840x2160-04e42fdf90a34713805b992719e3d03a.png
haloinfinite_mp06_3840x2160-174b987a773c494083ceea5732e2cc2b.png
haloinfinite_mp09_3840x2160-aab54155cf614022bd3275253182f276.png
haloinfinite_mp08_3840x2160-ae96c42237924935b458b8568ce6b2a5.png
haloinfinite_mp05_3840x2160-f3233b2bb94241dfb11b4554877f99ae.png

the_master

Dude, can you read? The main disappointment is lack of campaign.
Cortana never showed boobs. It is a fucking hologram made out of text, icons and geometrical forms.
But now there is another AI, not Cortana, and it is dressed for people like you who'd be offended by the shape of a human body. We are sick.

Black_Stride

do not tempt fate do not contrain Wonder Woman's thighs do not do not
Put a screenshot of the first person perspective, it looks straight up a small improvement over halo 5 no wonder its 120fps free to play
^Forgot what Halo 5 looked like.

Ill take 120fps Multiplayer gameplay over a bump in graphical fidelity.
You say f2p almost like its an insult when the current kings of MP are all f2p?
COD, Apex, Fortnite, Rocket League, Destiny 2, Roblox.

Black_Stride

Dude, can you read? The main disappointment is lack of campaign.
Cortana never showed boobs. It is a fucking hologram made out of text, icons and geometrical forms.
But now there is another AI, not Cortana, and it is dressed for people like you who'd be offended by the shape of a human body. We are sick.

Well Cortana was "dressed for people like him" by Halo 5 easy work.
half146.png

Serina was "fully clothed":
HW2_Render_Serina-FullBody.png

And Roland is decked the fuck out:
roland-0205-4-thumbnail-708x398-cdf0a8572c8e408db87ab22425cd15dd.jpg

It wouldnt make much sense for a new AI to be "naked"?
And people who actually play the games will get over it in two seconds, the vocal minority who want naked AI back will be silenced by release date.

half146.png

And people who actually play the games will get over it in two seconds, the vocal minority who want naked AI back will be silenced by release date.

It was entirely the point of Cortana taking a naked form by her own choosing in the books and her origins as told by Halsey. She doesn't care what humans think and even uses it as a disarming tactic for that slight edge in conversing.

the_master

half146.png

I am familiar with all this games, and they are "extra clothed" for the same reason, it makes me think that our society is sick. A vocal minority? I may be the only one complaining.
Besides, being a spiritual reboot I would have wanted to se a Cortana or copy of Cortana.

The MP Gameplay reminded me of good old days in Quake 3 Arena and Unreal Tournament.
I'll probably give this a shot. Gonna get my old man ass handled.

Black_Stride

I am familiar with all this games, and they are "extra clothed" for the same reason, it makes me think that our society is sick. A vocal minority? I may be the only one complaining.
Besides, being a spiritual reboot I would have wanted to se a Cortana or copy of Cortana.
You are an interesting fellow.
society is sick because AI constructs are now dressed instead of naked.....hahaha.

So you want them to "spoil" whats going on with Cortana....or worse still just give us a copy of Cortana?
Say what you will about 343i handling of Halo but if you were a creative director there the series would truly be in the bog.

I welcome our new dressed AI overlords:
halo-infinite-trailer-campaign-cortana-e3-2021-2.jpg

^Captured from Stream thus low res and compression artifacts....dont @ me.

Last edited:

the_master

You are an interesting fellow.
society is sick because AI constructs are now dressed instead of naked.....hahaha.

So you want them to "spoil" whats going on with Cortana....or worse still just give us a copy of Cortana?
Say what you will about 343i handling of Halo but if you were a creative director there the series would truly be in the bog.

I welcome our new dressed AI overlords:
halo-infinite-trailer-campaign-cortana-e3-2021-2.jpg

^Captured from Stream thus low res and compression artifacts....dont @ me.
What I find sick is that people are offended by just the shape of the human body.

HawarMiran

Banned

most of the worlds population is not white. you are actually the minority that was forced down the throat of the world population. That is the only reason more companies include non-white people. Because you know, not only white people buy their stuff.🧠

FireFly

What I find sick is that people are offended by just the shape of the human body.
I don't think offence comes into it. A military officer that happens to be an A.I construct is deciding to "wear" a uniform that reflects her function. Presumably even if you are a naturist, you would grant others the right to wear clothes if they want to.

shubik

Nice to see a derailed Game thread every once in a while that is not connected to a SONY game. At least those kinds of people are not console warriors and just hate everything no matter what console it releases on. Nice :)

Top Bottom