• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo Infinite Flight Impressions (Voting Open)

How would you rate the Flight?

• A

Votes: 91 56.5%
  • B

Votes: 36 22.4%
  • C

Votes: 15 9.3%
  • D

Votes: 8 5.0%
  • E

Votes: 11 6.8%

• Total voters

LQX

I haven't played Halo in years, but even with bots this played and felt like the Halo I remember though it might be a tad faster. I got tied of Halo back in the day as it felt almost archaic in comparison to other shooters already out or coming out. Now I don't think that is such a bad thing as so many other shooters these days play so much alike. With this being Free-to-Play I think it might be huge or at the very least there will be no shortage of games to be found.

R6Rider

Gold Member
Looks like Halo. I haven't played online Halo since 3 though.

The clambering/climbing looks odd to me (at least visually).

Last edited:

elliot5

Clambering I can live with. Do you still need to press A to do this or is it automatic?

I like the sound of sprint changes.
The whole ADS thing still concerns me a little.
There's a setting to make it automatic or you can press A. The ads stuff isn't that bad imo. I like it

catvonpee

I tried watching the presentation they had on YouTube and I fell asleep because there was so much talking... I woke back up about 50 minutes in and the multiplayer looks really good. The only negative feedback I have is that the death animation ragdoll seems kind of off. They go limp when they die in mid air and kind of flop to the ground. The game looks really great graphically and I like the texture detail they have.

I am really looking forward to seeing some of the single player portion of the game. I haven't played a Halo game since Reach.

troll trolling GIF

When you see users post history and notice nothing but poor drive by posts 🤭

OT: Have yet to download. Will give it a try but not very enthusiastic about playing bots.
Great, we value your feedback before you even play the thing, will you come back to tell us it's actually amazing just so your first opinion was right?
troll trolling GIF

Pobb

Neo Member
Mostly a PlayStation guy these days but got an Xbox One for the MCC and Halo 5.
I thought 5 multiplayer sucked but this Infinite test feels better so far. I know it's early and against bots and only one map but it feels good to me.
I will definitely get a series x when I can find one if this Halo turns out good.

packy34

I know this is just a tech test to gather bot data, but something feels off on PC. I'm not dipping below 60fps, but gameplay feels less than smooth, to put it as best as I can. And it's barely maintaining that "60fps" at 1440p. It's difficult to enjoy at this stage, and it hampers my desire to put in more test games.

HeisenbergFX4

Gold Member
I know this is just a tech test to gather bot data, but something feels off on PC. I'm not dipping below 60fps, but gameplay feels less than smooth, to put it as best as I can. And it's barely maintaining that "60fps" at 1440p. It's difficult to enjoy at this stage, and it hampers my desire to put in more test games.
Have heard others say the PC version is very poorly optimized then its running 4k 120fps on the Series X

martino

the loading also for me feels like i'm playing on previous gen console

elliot5

2 month old build without proper optimization work. Definitely leaves a lot to be desired, but I think it will be ironed out by release.

twilo99

I didn't get an invite, but it seems to run like shite on decent hardware.. lots of optimization left to do

MScarpa

Honestly played like 2 games and switched it off.. i get why they are doing it.... but sheesh. It gets boring REAL FAST.

Keep my attention by at least adding more than a single map right off the bat.

As usual, 343 doing it wrong.
Send me a screenshot of you playing this ill venmo or cash app you 100$

Mr.ODST

After playing 8 hours this is exactly what Halo needs I honestly cant wait for the game tonrelease its so fun! I hope single player is just as fun.

PC needs optimising though runs great on Series.

Banned

Will probably get nerfed later down the road but I really hope it stays in...

how much farther is it compared to doing a normal jump off of there? doesn't seem that crazy. like, every jump he does looks like it would be the exact same if he just did it without the slide

Last edited:
Top Bottom