• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo Infinite does not list Xbox One in the latest trailer

XXL

Highly doubtful. The beta ran on the base Xbox One at 720p 30 fps with lots of visual sacrifices.

They will just downgrade it until they can run it. Nothing wrong with that. That generation ended a year ago. Time to move on.
I heard that. It's still strange it's not listed.

SEGA_2012

If the XBO version is holding the game back, then the right decision is to cancel this version.
I am just sad because i will not be able to play the game :lollipop_worried: :lollipop_weary:

MiguelItUp

Nah, cancelling it at this point would be absolutely brutal for them.

Maybe it was referring to the footage that was captured? I say that because the middle bottom shows what it's available on. Who knows, I thought that looked bizarre though, lol. It'd be hilarious if they forgot, "this footage was captured on" text or something similar.

Nikana

Go Go Neo Rangers!
Maybe the experience in that trailer just wont be indicative of what the Bone and Bone X will be so they dont want a cyberpunk situation?

You gonna be waiting. Guaranteed to see tons of cross gen games even in 2023.
Indeed. I’m not really fussed anyway. The more cross gen games we get, the more 60/120fps experiences get prioritised.

Whilst the power of new gen consoles is great. It will only be a matter of time until developers start to move back to 30fps and choose graphical fidelity over frame rate. It happens every generation.

DonkeyPunchJr

World’s Biggest Weeb
Should cancel it if there’s too many things holding back the game to be a stunner on new consoles. Don’t do a Cyberpunk 2077 again, cut the fat.
It’s a month away from release. How exactly do you think XSX/PC version would benefit by canceling the X1 version right now?

Arun1910

Hopefully, it got scrapped. I'm not a Halo guy, but I'm ready for cross-gen games in general to stop.
But there's literally no point in scrapping it now.

The fundamentals of everything for this game would have been shooting for those consoles.

Cutting them off now doesn't just "boost" the Series versions when the underlying foundation is the same.

NickFire

No way it's cancelled, and even if it were that would not change much so late in the dev cycle.

Marketing focus is all this is.

th4tguy

It should have been scrapped but it would be pointless at this point to do it. The damage is done. Any sacrifices made to the current gen versions aren't so easily removed.

elliot5

I expect still 1 - 2 years of cross-gen. There's 160 mil consoles if you count Xbox and Playstation, that's a lot of money to lose.
maybe from third parties.. that's why xcloud is coming to xbox one though. MS can drop native support and those players can play cloud versions with their sub. Best of both worlds

Skifi28

Hopefully, it got scrapped. I'm not a Halo guy, but I'm ready for cross-gen games in general to stop.
The game has already finished development with those specs in mind. Scrapping that version now would serve no purpose.

To me, all people angry a crossgen are just shaking their fist at the sky.

iHaunter

maybe from third parties.. that's why xcloud is coming to xbox one though. MS can drop native support and those players can play cloud versions with their sub. Best of both worlds
It's def a good strategy, if there's no latency. That's the key.

IDKFA

I am Become Bilbo Baggins

Same, but considering how hard it still is to get an X a s PS5, unfortunately I can cross-gen games being made for some time.

BlackTron

If they were going to cancel the One version, the time was a year ago after the reveal debacle.

Now it's too late. They already designed a whole game around the massive sacrifices necessary to support last gen. So they would have a nerfed game, and not even a last gen version to show for it.

It's just not gonna happen. Halo Infinite is meant to be a runs on anything title. That includes PC specs lower than a 1060.

GHG

Gold Member
Maybe they scrapped the campaign for last gen platforms?

Wouldn't be a bad thing imo if it's what's been required to achieve the improvements over last year's showing.

RPS37

It’s weird that on the Xbox store it doesn’t say the game is XS optimized either, which is the opposite.

elliot5

It’s weird that on the Xbox store it doesn’t say the game is XS optimized either, which is the opposite.
It is strange, but prob just an oversight. It is labeled as Smart Delivery which only makes sense if it is Optimized.

reksveks

The xbox store is weird and often incorrect. I hate that fact specifically when trying to see if a title supports playanywhere.

SkylineRKR

While there are a lot of PS4 and X1 around, its ofcourse inflated. Several millions jumped ship, others might've abandoned it altogether. Next-versions of games usually sell much better despite their userbase being relatively small still.

Black_Stride

do not tempt fate do not contrain Wonder Woman's thighs do not do not
wish they did cancel it. it's ridiculous that games coming out this year or next year will need to run on hardware from 8 years ago.
Because the number of nextgen console out there would clearly make up for the loss of XB1 support right?

Top Bottom