• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo Infinite director Chris Lee has left the project

urmie

Seems like good news. Those in charge of Halo 5 are now gone. The O.G. Halo guy is now running the show. Great. Just goes to show that some are not worth their salary and fail up somehow.

Last edited:
Kill it, please just kill it. Let it rest for a generation. Microsoft can funnel money to the newly acquired.

Nah, it's already been in cryo too long. They should never have put all their eggs in one basket, I've been saying it for years. Get small focused teams/studio segments that curate core ideas from great concepts into standalone games. Over 5 years they could have literally pushed out 2-3 solid games with clear goals and had creative license to go nuts. Instead they've been dark for 5 years and shat the bed in one follow through.

I also don't buy this crap about supporting Xbox One or last generation game. They set about supporting PC and a new engine, is the reveal the best they could muster over 5 years and having a PC game release as their target?

Compsiox

Banned
Imagine being this dense.

You're usually a pretty terrible poster, so I'd normally consider this par for the course but this attitude is just next-level. This game was going to tank the Xbox launch and arguably kill the Halo series. Do you realize how shitty the game had to have been in order for them to completely alter a console launch?
You don't seem to post a lot and I can tell it's because there's not a lot going on up there. It's okay bud. Try not to get so angry.

GenericUser

Given how utter lifeless and downright ugly halo infinite looked at that presentation, I'm more surprised he made it that far tbh. Not even kidding here. I thought the higher ups at microsoft's xbox division would closely watch the development of their definitive flagship title but nope, craig happened.

"Resigned"

SociableQuerulousBlackbear-size_restricted.gif

Last edited:

Ozzie666

No matter the internal difficulties. It can't be easy to go from a traditional cinematic, gripping story based Halo FPS type game. To, chasing a GAAS style, Destiny model to last 10 years, across multiple boxes. It's a quite the paradigm shift really.

People don't like what they see and that development got delayed. People don't like the series direction. They demote the guy in charge and bring in some veteran help to get things right.

Then people don't like that the guy who's direction they didn't like gets removed...

I mean... whatever. It's a huge studio.

GiJoint

I don’t even think a full restructure of 343 will help with Halo, they’ve had more than enough time with the series post Bungie.

They’re just not that good.

Kev Kev

No matter what, this game is going to have a shitty fucking launch

mayve it’ll turn out great, but it’ll have to grow legs if they want people to eventually play it. But ain’t nobody playin this game until they here about other people experiences with it first.

Games with notoriously messy development cycles still often times come out great. I don’t think they’ll release a subpar product or they would’ve just sent it out at launch. The guys was supposed to have things at a certain level at a certain time and he failed to do that - I would fire him. Working on film sets it’s like if the Cinematographer just keeps fucking up and not getting the results I want - I fire them and get someone better all in the name of making a better final product. Because I’m not willing to settle for less - sometimes that happens when you’re already halfway through a shoot - and course correcting is the right move rather than sticking with someone who’s not working.

Just more high quality microsoft management. I hope Bethesda can do the same thing they do to Elder Scrolls games and delay the inevitable Microsoft management. What do they call that? Victor Irelanding them.

SatansReverence

Hipster Princess
I don’t even think a full restructure of 343 will help with Halo, they’ve had more than enough time with the series post Bungie.

They’re just not that good.

There is some fine talent at 343, this is without doubt.

The problem lies in piss poor management and dumpster tier direction.

Kev Kev

Games with notoriously messy development cycles still often times come out great. I don’t think they’ll release a subpar product or they would’ve just sent it out at launch. The guys was supposed to have things at a certain level at a certain time and he failed to do that - I would fire him. Working on film sets it’s like if the Cinematographer just keeps fucking up and not getting the results I want - I fire them and get someone better all in the name of making a better final product. Because I’m not willing to settle for less - sometimes that happens when you’re already halfway through a shoot - and course correcting is the right move rather than sticking with someone who’s not working.
i mean, im not doubting that, but for every one that comes out great, i feel like we have at least one more that did not turn out great. so, that being said, at this moment all we can go on is what weve seen, and what weve seen has not been... well, its not been so great.

im still hoping for the best but... its not looking good at the moment. hopefully they have something really shiny to show off that is also realistic for what they can actually achieve with the end product, and thatll help boost confidence back with them.

but man, you can only shit the bed so many times before heads start to roll, and thats seems to be what happening over there. hopefully it work out for them. i love halo and cant wait t play ifinite. but i will not be getting it until months after release because of how devs think its ok to ship broken games that they fix later, these days

#Phonepunk#

Banned
Damn this is insane. This new console drops in two weeks and the one big release day game won’t be out for possibly years.

Good thing they bought Bethesda they can sell a new version of Skyrim in the meantime.

If people thought that MS would allow what happened with Halo to go unpunished they were misled.
Some one had to be held accountable.
I hope more are.

You don't seem to post a lot and I can tell it's because there's not a lot going on up there. It's okay bud. Try not to get so angry.

i don't know who you are, and I rarely post on gaf, but you've posted 3 times in this thread and all of them have been absolutely idiotic, including this one. Dude is 100% spot on, you're a shit poster with dumb opinions

IntentionalPun

Ask me about my wife's perfect butthole
If there is a silver lining: this is the guy that lead the game to where it is today.

And.. it's not in a good place... so he probably should be gone.

Compsiox

Banned
i don't know who you are, and I rarely post on gaf, but you've posted 3 times in this thread and all of them have been absolutely idiotic, including this one. Dude is 100% spot on, you're a shit poster with dumb opinions
It should stay that way. Please don't do so anymore.

magaman

Banned

Sigh. I generally only post when someone says something so stupid that it somehow warrants a digital backhand. Putting you on ignore doesn't solve the problem as others will have to deal with you. And calling you out on your stupid posts won't change your behavior.

So instead, I'll say this: When you plan your entire next generation launch around a single game, and then that game is delayed for being in a state of disrepair and launching could jeopardize your entire generation of hardware, and when said game's director leaves amid it all, it's not a good thing. Suggesting otherwise, which you've been doing, is just dumb.

Top Bottom