• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo Infinite director Chris Lee has left the project

BabyYoda

Banned
Please tell me Bonnie Ross is next, I know they'll never dare to fire a diversity hire though. If she has any sense of decency and love for the ip, she'll leave ASAP.

Replace her with someone who actually knows what they are doing and has real experience doing that job well. Even if the candidate is a straight white make /gasp!
Straight white male*

Evangelion Unit-01

Master Chief
Halo thread. 90% Sony boys, Craig avatars, and Craig memes.

Checks out.
I'm a huge Halo fan. That and Zelda are my two favorite franchises. There are certainly some people who will use this as a chance to console war but I am most interested in Microsoft doing what needs to be done to get Halo on track. It has been incredibly disappointing to watch a series I enjoy fall apart.

I'm way more pro XBox than most of NeoGAF but eventually we have to start looking at Phil Spencer.

What a trainwreck start to a new generation. Had all the time in the world to get this right.
I think the answer is taking a hard look at the studio and considering a massive restructuring. I imagine that is hard to do both from a HR standpoint as well as from a sunk cost standpoint. You are right though, Phil needs to take a long look at the situation and make some hard choices.

They're delaying the inevitable with these moves.
No matter how many external teams come to aid 343, Infinite is already set to be catastrophically bad.

TintoConCasera

I bought a sex doll, but I keep it inflated 100% of the time and use it like a regular wife
Did the Bethesda deal included MachineGames? Their last games weren´t very good but they are at least competent.

Evangelion Unit-01

Master Chief
343 has over 500 devs, and Phil ain't one of them. I get it, the quarterback is responsible for the success of the game at the end of the day, but he's a CEO not project lead
Well put. This is 343's first project under Phil. A captain needs to put trust in his lieutenants. Phil can't and shouldn't micromanage every studio but sometimes he needs to step in. I don't blame Phil for 343's failure. That said it is certainly time that he gets more involved; I wish it had happened sooner but perhaps this big of a debacle will force some more drastic action.

JimiNutz

Banned
There have been too many important people leaving for there to not be big issues.

Get some of the id talent in to save the game now that MS own rhem!

Kokoloko85

Man, what a sad thing for Halo. I loved the series.
The game that made the Xbox might be what causes it even more trouble. Investors can’t be happy

McCarth

Such a shame to see this IP getting swallowed up in all this. Here's hoping whoever is getting tossed into this mess can come out of the pile with a solid enough game to warrant building on further past launch.

Mr.ODST

Halo is my favourite franchise so I really hope they do a good game but hope was lost with Halo Infinite, not sure what is going on with 343

Part of me wants Bungie to be paid to take over the development and finish it.

Hugare

This sentence is fucking hilarious:

“I believe in the team and am confident they will deliver a great game and now is a good time for me to step away.”

I trust the team and all, game will be great but, erm, I think its a good time now to jump ship, hmkay? Bye

tryDEATH

Well that's not good lmfao. Wtf is going on at 343 I refuse to believe they're this incapable. Halo isn't an extremely complex game its rather straight forward. There has got to be a lot of pushing and pulling going on for this much dysfunction to be going on.

Paradicia

Good riddance. What a fucking shit show this whole development process has been. The culture must be toxic inside 343 at the moment, and Chris Lee being fired is just the start of what is to come. How you can fuck up a game with the budget Infinite has is sickening. The gameplay that they shown has to be the one of the worst next gen reveals since 'Giant Enemy Crab".

Last edited:

Spukc

always chasing the next thrill
flush the project start from scratch. give it to ID software.
get rid of 343 boot most of them keep the good ones put them in other studios

Last edited:

Alebrije

images

Kssio_Aug

I liked Halo 5 MP (and even the SP ignoring the story aspects), but oh boy, 343i definitely needs some changes! Ever since Halo 4, there isn't a single Halo game that doesn't have a negative spotlight by a mistake of theirs.

The whole Craig thing is just an overreaction from haters though. A screenshot cautiously selected to criticize the damn thing...

cireza

Banned
Completion???
Last time we saw it, it was farrrrr from complete!!!

I loved Halo 2 & 3 but 4 & 5 were not so good and Infinite looks to be the worst yet!!!
Sounds to me that the game was near completion (with release date at end of year) and some people cried because graphics.

Guy can leave, all the content seems to have been implemented anyway.

Vade

A public execution of Bonnie Ross is the only way to sake the rabid Halo fans all 7 of them that are left.

Astral Dog

I think they would have been better creating their own sci fi ip rather than continuing HALO imo.

I just don't see these sequels amounting to much in that universe but a fresh series, that would be more interesting, instead we just have Craig

Fire Bonnie Ross and all the upper level management. I have no experience running a studio but at this point I'm willing to bet I could do a better job than they have. For starters I'd actually listen to the people that buy the shit I make and build in that direction. Also, she looks like she smells like cat piss.

Seriously, cut the head off that dragon before things get any worse. At this point 343i is a bunch of talented artists, programmers and engineers being held back by dogshit leadership. Salvage the talent before they jump ship and go work for the competition. It's an obvious solution to an obvious problem.

All my favorite Sci-fi stuff has become complete shit thanks to insane activists and danger-haired cat ladies (no offence to CatLady CatLady ) self-inserting their idiotic mentalities into everything they touch. Star Wars and Star Trek are laughably awful now, and Halo appears to have slid into the shit-pile with them.

whitesugar

Banned
MS management continues to excel. Halo is such an average series now, and this is shaping up to be even worse than 5. would not be surprised if this isn't out until holiday 2021

Reactions: MrS
Top Bottom