• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo Infinite campaign can't be played right now, even if you have the disc.

Sosokrates

Report me if I continue to console war
Was going to ask if anybody with a disc here can access the game now.

Thé reality is that nobody here crying and whining even buys discs.

I cant access the game even with digital, when I select campaign from the titles screen it asks me to pre order?

GHG

you kinda went crazy hunting down a bunch of my posts in various other threads and went “LOL”zing them. …. Uh okay….

first time GIF

He's clearly a child, can't be too hard on him.

On Demand

Banned
You're assuming you can just put a 100GB blu-ray disk in there an have it work on base xbox one without a UHD player. But it does not. You can't have bother. Either just one version of the game on the disk, or it won't work across every device

That’s MS’s problem for still supporting XB1 then?

Sosokrates

first time GIF

He's clearly a child, can't be too hard on him.

Lol, he was the one that was triggering all of my posts.

But its not surprising you are taking his side, probably still upset from our last exchange.

Last edited:

GHG

As a reminder, i totally forgot about this for Xbox, Xbox Series uses the same 50GB bluray disc as XB1. For the people who use digital you might not care. But if MS is going to be selling physically media still, the least the could of done is went with the 100GB UHD disc to make sure there’s enough space for complete next generation games to fit on the disc.

This shit is ridiculous. Don’t care what anybody says trying to defend this.

But what about P. T.!?

crazy-cuckoo.gif

Then I guess they aren’t buying $500 video game consoles either.
I don't think some people on this forum truly understands what being poor means ....

As a reminder, i totally forgot about this for Xbox, Xbox Series uses the same 50GB bluray disc as XB1. For the people who use digital you might not care. But if MS is going to be selling physically media still, the least the could of done is went with the 100GB UHD disc to make sure there’s enough space for complete next generation games to fit on the disc.

This shit is ridiculous. Don’t care what anybody says trying to defend this.

With games requiring day one and post launch patches I don't get what there is to really defend. Imagine buying Cyberpunk 2077 for PS4 on day one and playing it without the patches downloaded.

Anyway, the Halo campaign is finally downloading for me. LETS GO!!!!!!

On Demand

Banned
I don't think some people on this forum truly understands what being poor means ....

With games requiring day one and post launch patches I don't get what there is to really defend. Imagine buying Cyberpunk 2077 for PS4 on day one and playing it without the patches downloaded.

Anyway, the Halo campaign is finally downloading for me. LETS GO!!!!!!

Games can ship in a playable state at launch on disc even without updates. Unless the developers are shipping an incomplete game and requires a patch which should not be happening and nobody should be supporting.

BigLee74

You guys s*cking on Phill's d*ck or something?

Not having the full game on disc is shit. Period.

Not only because you need to download the rest. But if you uninstall the game, you'll have to download it again everytime.

Maybe if you go somewhere with no internet connection and you want to play the campaign, you are fucked

It's not a deal breaker or anything, but it's not great

I buy all games digital, but there's a reason why people buy on disc to this day

Nah, you’re wrong (and rude 😂).

You will rarely get a game on disc these days that contains nothing but a key and perhaps the most basic of assets. Generally, there will be a lot to download. This isn’t a Phil thing, or a Halo thing, or an Xbox thing.

This is nothing new, and was like that for most of last generation too.

The only benefits to buying discs these days are that they are cheaper than digital copies, and can also be sold on (with the disadvantage being that the disc needs to be in the machine for the game to work).

Last edited:
Missed the Cyperpunk outrage, did ya?
No, that was my point. Cyberpunk was a broken mess and it was somehow worst before the day one patch. So the people who got the physical game and played without the patch had a even more horrible experience with the game.

Games can ship in a playable state at launch on disc even without updates. Unless the developers are shipping an incomplete game and requires a patch which should not be happening and nobody should be supporting.
Your absolutely right

But unfortunately its becoming more common for these games to ship broken and requiring day one patches, It is what it is.

thegame983

On PC

so there was a 4gig update that downloaded via the microsoft store, then you go in game, go to game management and choose the 20 gig campaign update

which then has to download

ReBurn

Gold Member
Well first halo I won't buy since the original but hope everyone else has fun. But I like to own the shit I play 🙄
I like the part where you said you own what you play. The plastic license makes people feel better, but I bet they could still make those discs not work if they wanted to.

Nah, you’re wrong (and rude 😂).

You will rarely get a game on disc these days that contains nothing but a key and perhaps the most basic of assets. Generally, there will be a lot to download. This isn’t a Phil thing, or a Halo thing, or an Xbox thing.

This is nothing new, and was like that for most of last generation too.

The only benefits to buying discs these days are that they are cheaper than digital copies, and can also be sold on (with the disadvantage being that the disc needs to be in the machine for the game to work).

When you're this clueless, you probably shouldn't post at all.

IDKFA

I am Become Bilbo Baggins
That makes sense. I know some people are shocked because it's a disc and expected th campaign to be there, but the game probably isn't on the disc at all.

In the past, if you got hold of a physical game before the official launch you could play it, but those days are well and truly over.

A vast majority of physical games are just keys for a download. This, plus more and more games are becoming live services, online only multiplayer titles, require huge day one patches and soon will be loaded with NFTs. Physical media doesn't make sense in the future of gaming.

It would also be more environmentally friendly to completely ditch physical games.

Kagey K

Banned
Sure what? U having fun or me not buying it a installer disc? Didn't buy a series x for the same reason most disc don't work without an update on series x but on a one s and x.
I've read this sentence 1000 times and I still can't parse what you are trying to say. I can follow until this part:

Didn't buy a series x for the same reason most disc don't work without an update on series x

But this part ????

but on a one s and x.

As a whole sentence it leaves me....

Confused Thinking GIF

THE DUCK

voted poster of the decade by bots
Waaaaaaaaaaasaa. Who cares, it's not actually out until now you can't be outraged that it won't play. Like others have said, welcome to 2021, imagine technology being used to protect something (gasp).

Sosokrates

That's funny, I can install and play Demon's Souls or Death Stranding (among others) in a PS5 without ever downloading anything from the internet.

Yeah, its is possible but what happens when theres a daulsense update needed, or a patch for the game to stop bugs.

Your overall experience without internet is going to be worse.

And for someone spending $499 on a gaming product are they going to want a comprimised experience?

BigLee74

When you're this clueless, you probably shouldn't post at all.

Smart ass, huh? I hardly own any modern disc that will now play without having to download a patch or something first. Especially something that involves multiplayer.

So I for one am not surprised at how Halo is packaged on disc.

Last edited:

sainraja

On PC

so there was a 4gig update that downloaded via the microsoft store, then you go in game, go to game management and choose the 20 gig campaign update

which then has to download
It's the same on Xbox S|X. I had started an update which I thought was the campaign and then when I went into launch the campaign, it asked me to install it. Minor annoyance.

Last edited:

Ma-Yuan

Th
I've read this sentence 1000 times and I still can't parse what you are trying to say. I can follow until this part:

Didn't buy a series x for the same reason most disc don't work without an update on series x

But this part ????

but on a one s and x.

As a whole sentence it leaves me....

Confused Thinking GIF
Those dumb delivery disc miss the config files for series x so they won't run without an abisimal update that could be on the fucking disc of what is actually a Xbox one game. Its a riddle that ps4 games can run of a disc on ps5 but ms as Software wizards need you to be online to download a stupid config file even on games that came after the series x launch.

Last edited:
Smart ass, huh? I hardly own any modern disc that will now play without having to download a patch or something first. Especially something that involves multiplayer.

So I for one am not surprised at how Halo is packaged on disc.

Ok, so because you buy and play mostly MP games and hardly own any discs, then according to you, most games launching on discs don't actually hold the game and instead include only a key?...

That's your train of logic?... Lol, wow!

For the record, you're entirely wrong, especially on console. Most console games on disc include the game and don't require an internet connection at all to be able to play.

...but I'm not convinced you didn't know that.

Kagey K

Banned
Th

Those dumb delivery disc miss the config files for series x so they won't run without an abisimal update that could be on the fucking disc of what is actually a Xbox one game. Its a riddle that ps4 games can run of a disc on ps5 but ms as Software wizards need you to be online to download a stupid config file even on games that came after the series x launch.
Ok thanks for helping me understand it, those last few words just weren't making sense to me the way they were written.

THE DUCK

voted poster of the decade by bots
Ok, so because you buy and play mostly MP games and hardly own any discs, then according to you, most games launching on discs don't actually hold the game and instead include only a key?...

That's your train of logic?... Lol, wow!

For the record, you're entirely wrong, especially on console. Most console games on disc include the game and don't require an internet connection at all to be able to play.

...but I'm not convinced you didn't know that.

But what real value in 2021 does the disk being able to play without accessing the internet? For the 0.0001% time when the net is down? If you can't wait that long without saying the sky is falling, you have other problems anyhow. I'd love to know what percentage of those owning a $500 game machine don't have fast reliable internet? 0.0000001%?
Yet another halo thread to complain about nothing for 300 posts......

Last edited:
Top Bottom