• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo Infinite beta preloads live on Xbox, available to all players

Vasto

You don't even need to be a Halo Insider this time!

Master Chief Fall GIF by Xbox

What you need to know​

• 343 Industries has announced that preloads for the next Halo Infinite beta test happening next weekend are live now on Xbox.
  • The build can be downloaded from the Xbox Insider Hub, and all Xbox players are able to install it, regardless of whether or not they're a Halo Insider.
  • The test will feature both Arena and Big Team Battle PvP, as well as matchmaking against bots, Training Mode, Weapon Drills, and customization menus.

Halo developer 343 Industries has announced that the build being used in the Halo Infinite beta test that's slated for Sept. 30 through Oct. 4 can be preloaded now on Xbox consoles so that you don't have to spend time installing the build after the test begins. Notably, unlike previous tests that required participants to sign up with the Halo Insider Program, all Xbox players are eligible to download and participate in this test. It's not necessarily an open beta since the developers have confirmed that there will be a player cap of some sort, but all Xbox players will at least have a chance to play the game.

Last edited:

nillapuddin

not to be a stickler but its still a technical preview.

Beta is a little strong of a title

(although holy shit it is incredibly polished for a preview)

jigglet

Banned
Just xbox? What about PC? I have a few PC friends that aren't hardcore enough to sign up for a beta but they will happily test it if it requires little effort.

Hype, I have some buddies that will be jumping on this as they've never wanted to do the insider thing. Keen on how BTB plays, should be really good given what we played on Behemoth.

jigglet

Banned
Hype, I have some buddies that will be jumping on this as they've never wanted to do the insider thing. Keen on how BTB plays, should be really good given what we played on Behemoth.

I really hope it's on PC too. I know people who aren't hardcore Halo fans who would never bother to sign up to a closed beta, but if it's an open beta they will try it out in a heartbeat.

anthony2690

Banned
Never been into big team battle, but hopefully the flight changes my mind :)

But I'm sure I'll probably stick to arena when the game releases :)

Last edited:

Mr.ODST

does the insider install turn into this, or do i need to set this downloading? LET's GO GAF!!!!
Install the insider app, join, then it should appear as a test which you join, when you do that it takes you to the download.

If your in insider anyway any public beta software etc that Microsoft do will appear in there.

Top Bottom