• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo Infinite Battle Royale Audio Clip Discovered in Datamine

IbizaPocholo

NeoGAFs Kent Brockman

With the Halo Infinite Technical Preview still on-going, it seems people are checking it out for more than what the multiplayer plays like. Dataminers have dug through Technical Preview file, and a Halo Infinite battle royale audio clip has been uncovered!

Here’s the voice clip where the announces says, “battle royale!” That’s about it. There are no images or whatnot tied to it — at least so far. Mind, this doesn’t guarantee that there will be a battle royale mode in Halo Infinite, as this could be leftover code or something for Forge, but it is interesting that it’s there. With Halo Infinite’s multiplayer confirmed to be free-to-play, adding a battle royale mode might be a smart move by 343 Industries.

More reports have surfaced for Halo Infinite outside of this as well. Apparently, we’ll see multiple campaigns, and even the title of Season 1 has surfaced! As for news that’s been confirmed, players will be able to drop weapons in multiplayer (a first in franchise history), and the game will feature an FOV slider on all versions!

Banned
the game has a ping function and you can drop weapons.

now this audio

it's pretty much confirmed.

and it fits Halo perfectly. Big team battle was always among the most popular modes, so make it even bigger and add 100 players... plus Battle Royale as a concept is very much just Arena Shooter last man standing with tons of players.

SJRB

Gold Member
tenor.gif

Mr.ODST

After playing the Technical Test .... if there is a Battle Royale its seriously going to rival Warzone in terms of Gameplay

MiguelItUp

As much as I hate BR at least it being one mode makes more sense than being a game where it's the only option. It'd make sense for them to give it a whirl. Hell, if true I'll still give it a shot.

BabyYoda

Banned
I'm fairly sure they already shot down the potential of BR mode, they hinted they would provide the tools though, so expect the ability to make a custom game BR in Forge. Of course they might've changed their minds since they last said that, considering how popular BR games are...

A Halo battle royale is so wrong on so many levels, that I don't know where to start.

There CAN be franchises without this recent zoomer trash playlist shoved into every fucking shooter to cash in and monetize the 8 year olds of mobile/pc/console.

BTB (with maybe increased player count) should be the only thing they should consider for a Halo playlist with more players.

Stay the fuck away from battle royale and signing the franchise's death warrant. 343i already are walking on thin ice, when it comes to Halo. Don't fix (and fuck up) something that ain't broken.

Banned
A Halo battle royale is so wrong on so many levels, that I don't know where to start.

There CAN be franchises without this recent zoomer trash playlist shoved into every fucking shooter to cash in and monetize the 8 year olds of mobile/pc/console.

BTB (with maybe increased player count) should be the only thing they should consider for a Halo playlist with more players.

Stay the fuck away from battle royale and signing the franchise's death warrant. 343i already are walking on thin ice, when it comes to Halo. Don't fix (and fuck up) something that ain't broken.

adding Battle Royale would be the very first thing 343i is doing that actually fits Halo, what are you talking about?

Halo is an arena shooter, Battle Royale is the arena shooter concept blown up to big maps and big player counts.

why would that be wrong?
the game has sprint and clamber, both of which are wrong in Halo, a BR mode on the other totally fits

Last edited:
Top Bottom