• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo Infinite and Trolli candy team up to give out rewards, and chance to win a custom controller, Series S, PC, and other prizes.

This isn't the first time Microsoft has partnered with Trolli, but this Halo Infinite specific campaign is one of the bigger partnerships. US only, Starts on September 1st.

https://www.trolli.com/halo
https://venturebeat.com/games/trolli-and-halo-team-up-to-deliver-xp-boosts-via-candy/

Candy brand Trolli and Halo Infinite are teaming up for a series of collectible bags of candy. Hungry gamers can scoop up one of the four snacks, redeem their receipt, and earn in-game rewards. Redeeming a receipt on the event’s website will land players 2 XP boosts and 3 Challenge Swaps.

In addition to guaranteed rewards, there’s also a contest component to the partnership. Anyone grabbing the redeemables can also enter a sweepstakes to win some pretty serious prizes. There are five bundles up for grabs as part of the event. They contain a custom Trolli Lovesac, Corsair and Elgato PC gear, an Xbox Series S console, a custom, all-new worm-themed Trolli Xbox controller and a whole bunch of the Halo Infinite snacks.

“Almost all gamers snack while playing, and Trolli sour gummies are one of their favorite forms of fuel which is why we’ve been investing in helping fans level up their gaming experience with new offerings over the years,” said Ferrara Candy Company’s Dave Foldes, in an official statement. “We support amateur gamers year-round by sponsoring grassroots tournaments via League Trolli and show up in big, creative ways to help fans celebrate their love for gaming such as last year’s Xbox 20th anniversary partnership and this year’s Halo Infinite in-game content offer. We’re thrilled to add to our legacy by partnering with Halo to create more of the collectable gummi pack series our customers love.”

There are, of course, some of the standard caveats. Gamers planning to munch for the rewards need to live in the U.S. or Puerto Rico. They also and must be at least 13 years old. The event launches on September 1, 2022 and runs through to March 2023.

Ferrara_Trolli_x_Halo.jpg

HeaderImg_1440_en.jpg

Trolli introduces a new custom controller different from the last one. the previous controller was lighter purple on one site and blue on the other. Now it will be darker purple on one side and yellow on the other.

From the looks of it, you have a chance of winning that high-end PC (specs not listed), other prizes include and Xbox Series S with Halo Infinite game, a bunch more candy (I guess you'll get a whole slew of MTX codes for Halo Infinite that way), a purple ball seat, or Elgato/Corsair gear. Apparently, Trolli also hosts a gaming league which I've never heard of until now, but they admit they are targeting casuals in this announcement so probably nothing hardcore.

This is one of the ways 343 will be trying to incentivize gamers to keep playing or join in on the fun with halo Infinite by rewarding snack purchases for in-game content while at the same time giving gamers a chance to win the pries above.

I guess this is the surprise announcement 343 teased last week along with the upcoming road map.

I need the Taco Bell Xbox Series X promotion to come back... More on topic, while I while I wouldn't go out of my way to pick one of these weird Trolli gummy packs up, if I saw one in the store i'd probably buy one. Not exactly a bank breaker, which is nice.

Gotta love the insistence of Xbox/343 with USA-centric partnerships and in-game rewards. Why they cannot expand to other regions is beyond me. It's been this way for a number of releases with Halo and tie-ins now too. You're not going to grow your regional population outside of the USA if you don't focus some efforts outside the USA.

Pretty weird to see 3 out of 4 package front graphics are Reach style armour sets, didn't expect that.

Gotta love the insistence of Xbox/343 with USA-centric partnerships and in-game rewards. Why they cannot expand to other regions is beyond me.

They do have partnerships in other regions, but the US market is the most important and receptive to these types of partnerships, even Sony mostly has their partnerships primarily int he US for clothes, candy, food, restaurants you name it, compared to other counties. It has a higher impact on not just consoles sales, by user engagement among existing players.

Series S but not Series X? Interesting. Yeah, I'm starting to think the suspicions of large amounts of unsold Series S units in the distribution channels are very much true at this point, and between things like giveaways and free game deals with a purchase of Series S (but not Series X, again) more or less silently confirm this.

I mean just look at the timing of these things. Nonetheless, neat contest for those who enter it, tho that looks like PC gear, not an actual custom PC. Kinda bummer. Also this thing runs for six months, just a heads up to anyone else looking to enter.

Series S but not Series X? Interesting. Yeah, I'm starting to think the suspicions of large amounts of unsold Series S units in the distribution channels are very much true at this point, and between things like giveaways and free game deals with a purchase of Series S (but not Series X, again) more or less silently confirm this.

I mean just look at the timing of these things. Nonetheless, neat contest for those who enter it, tho that looks like PC gear, not an actual custom PC. Kinda bummer. Also this thing runs for six months, just a heads up to anyone else looking to enter.

They gave away the Series X last time, holy moly there aren't a bunch of unsold Series S in retail channels, there are numerous areas of the US where it's not even available to buy. It's also cheaper to give away. The PC may be the most expensive prize.

Last edited:
They gave away the Series X last time, holy moly there aren't a bunch of unsold Series S in retail channels, there are numerous areas of the US where it's not even available to buy. It's also cheaper to give away. The PC may be the most expensive prize.

Yeah but was it in the middle of August for a six-month stretch just shy of two years of the system being available on the market?

In America I'd surmise Series S is doing decently, tho Series X is the one with majority of the demand out of the two. But there are a lot of foreign markets where systems are just kind of sitting around. Even in America, Series S is pretty easy to get. Somewhat a good thing, tho when it's easier to get than a Switch then it's bound to raise an eyebrow or two.

Top Bottom