• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo Infinite actor says game is launching in November 2021

giphy-downsized-large.gif

I am ready. I just hope it is.

I just want a great campaign that leads directly into shit like Destiny fireteams, public events, progression and PvE content for years. I expect the staples of classic "default" Halo not esports where I want more e.g. PvE.

*Crosses BRs and chants to the prophets but I also have a pistol at my side to go out in a paranoid episode if the game is bad.

EDIT: after the delay I never had anything but end of the year in mind for release. I hope they find a decent window to launch in around holidays. They need Halo to release in a gap not challenge the biggest players are launch, they're just going to hurt launch population pools if they try that.

Last edited:

REDRZA MWS

Yet, here we are with the game getting delayed by (at least) a year. Clearly expectations were not met.
It probably wouldnt be as much of a broken mess as CP2077 hence the sentence ”pretty close to CDPR level of disconnection to reality”. Im not saying Halo would have been a broken mess, im saying that the disconnection between management and reality is of a similar level.
Or what else would you call showing of the game (pretty much your one and only launch title, that you are printing on the box of your new console) as being a launch title 3 months before release, only to then delay the game by at least a year? Isnt that a pretty damn high level of disconnection/lack of communication?
And a year delay, especially for a targeted launch title for new hardware, was the most painful choice yet the RIGHT one, for all involved, and especially gamers.

Tge fucking point is though that game was criticized upon reveal for certain VISUALS. The gameplay itself looked fast, fluid, and fun. And THAT was a year ago.

I wanted Infinite at launch as much as anybody. in HAPPY they delayed it because more polish is never a bad thing.

Also, we saw 8 minutes of ACTUAL GAMEPLAY ON CONSOLE. Something CDPR never did, for obvious fucking reasons. 5 seconds of actual CP2077 gameplay would have been enough to know what it was.

CDPR should have been half the company of MS and put their consumers first. How the fuck Halo Infinite gets lumped into the out and out shitstorm, the worst game ever launched, even taken down off Sony’s digital store AMD refunds given on all platforms AND facing multiple class action suits...... yeah typical Gaf Sony fanboy hyperbole.

Last edited:

skit_data

And a year delay, especially for a targeted launch title for new hardware, was the most painful choice yet the RIGHT one, for all involved, and especially gamers.

Tge fucking point is though that game was criticized upon reveal for certain VISUALS. The gameplay itself looked fast, fluid, and fun. And THAT was a year ago.

I wanted Infinite at launch as much as anybody. in HAPPY they delayed it because more polish is never a bad thing.

Also, we saw 8 minutes of ACTUAL GAMEPLAY ON CONSOLE. Something CDPR never did, for obvious fucking reasons. 5 seconds of actual CP2077 gameplay would have been enough to know what it was.

CDPR should have been half the company of MS and put their consumers first. How the fuck Halo Infinite gets lumped into the out and out shitstorm, the worst game ever launched, even taken down off Sony’s digital store AMD refunds given on all platforms AND facing multiple class action suits...... yeah typical Gaf Sony fanboy hyperbole.
Yeah, you are right, I probably went a little too far comparing the two.

PolterGhast07

Neo Member
They seem to be giving out details about the thing sparingly, I mean hell, we don't even have multiplayer footage yet, and that used to be on of the top priorities to show early on with the older games. At least they're making steps to not make this Cyberpunk 2.0.

The core gameplay has always been great. Even 343 halos. Halo5 multi was amazing

Elements of it were and yet there were things that wore down after hundreds/thousands of engagements e.g. gunplay is lovely but movement became erratic and unpredictable due to thrusters. Compare classic Halo or Apex or Destiny and you'll see shooting and prediction are clean but the combination of strafe right, jump left back, thrust forward right all collapse the predictable nature of gameplay. While it's fun at first it breaks down to randomness really. If you play say Destiny the frustrating enemies are cabal with shields (fortnite building) or taken teleporting (Halo 5 movement not predictable). I don't find that portion of Halo 5 very Halo, randomness and lack of predictability are not Halo traits or cornerstone gameplay to me.

Warzone suffers much of the same over time, randomness of what weapons you can use due to REQs or identifying what weapon or vehicle variant an enemy has as you enter a fight just imbalances the game too much. Razor focused esports with small maps where uber-squads just dominate isn't fun either.

They made a lot of solid progress with Halo 5, far better than Halo 4 if you compare launch to launch. However, there is a lot beyond what I consider "Halo" in terms of maps, movement, engagements, experience and innovation. I hope Infinite and 343 genuinely understand that core "default" Halo of old and can reinvigorate it with Infinite, rather than attempt a complete innovation of it.

kingpotato

Ask me about my Stream Deck
Massive improvement by the looks of it, but it's a little bit apples to oranges for some of it because we didn't get to see the campaign at all.

Show us Craig with today's newspaper!

EDIT: uhhh I don't know how I ended up in this old thread 🤔

Last edited:

Vagswarm

I hope it releases on the PC at launch. The Halo MCC has been much more enjoyable for me with a mouse & keyboard.

Top Bottom