• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo Infinite ‘was designed for Normal difficulty’ for the first time, says 343 - Campaign co-op and Forge mode suffer further delays

Dr. Claus

Vincit qui se vincit
Then we read different things. The fact that you call it unfinished when it's a beta is pretty disingenuous.

It would be if it were an actual beta. It isn't. Its the final product. The devs outright stated this. Every thing that we were going to get on the 8th, we got here. Its a "beta" in name only. The same way Fortnite was a "beta" in its 10th season.

Last edited:
Outside the fanboys and shills on GAF? Yea, reception has been mostly negative for the MP. Its unfinished, blatantly so. Basic features since the first game are behind paywalls. It has the least amount of content ever in the series. Just look at Twitter and Reddit and you will see that the overwhelming majority thinks it has a great skeleton, but the rest is awful
The reception for the actual game is very positive and the reception for the progression system is very negative.

Leyasu

Banned
The existence of challenge change tokens leads me to believe that its all by design, not necessity. They are selling a solution to a problem they created.
I don't agree. They can be still be used with xp gains per performance etc. They will be there for the people that want to level up as quick as possible

Perrott

Gold Member
no rush for co-op. rather they focus on campaign/online. so good on them for delaying it. People cry if a game is rushed/bad but they don’t want to be patient and let the developer actually get it right. It’ll come when it’s ready.
You think that what they're doing with Infinite is "getting it right"? The game is clearly being rushed, hence why it's going to release with several missing features (Forge, the co-op campaign, raytracing support) that should've been included into the game since Day 1 given the year-long delay Infinite went through (let me remind you that originally, the raytracing update was said to be coming to the game in early 2021, so I don't know how is it not in the "final" Holiday 2021 release :/)

Black_Stride

do not tempt fate do not contrain Wonder Woman's thighs do not do not
I called the single player campaign delay:

EDIT: Campaign "co op" and "Forge" have been delayed and it's still not shipping with RTX. I still think they should formally delay the single player campaign until
it is all done. If they need more time, give it to them.

Halo Infinite really is bringing the stupidest people out of the wood work huh?

Singleplayer isnt delay Coop is....which by definition is multiple players.
Forge was always known to come in a later season.
"RTX" lol....Raytracing was also said to be a post launch patch.

So you want them to delay the whole campaign because Coop isnt in.....even if the campaign is content complete?
If you want Coop that much there is a solution.....dont buy the game until Season 2 and just act like the game was delayed to that point.

oldergamer

You think that what they're doing with Infinite is "getting it right"? The game is clearly being rushed, hence why it's going to release with several missing features (Forge, the co-op campaign, raytracing support) that should've been included into the game since Day 1 given the year-long delay Infinite went through (let me remind you that originally, the raytracing update was said to be coming to the game in early 2021, so I don't know how is it not in the "final" Holiday 2021 release :/)
If you're paying attention, all of this was known to not be part of the game until later seasons. Imo anyone that was actually interested would have known basic info. Anyone looking to troll would not have.

oldergamer

Explain this to me. If the campaign is done and releasing in few weeks, why is co-op delayed? Isn't it just a second player? why the issue?
There isnt an issue. You seem to be trying to find one, no? Coop was never intended to be a launch feature. They are only adding it due to people asking for it.

Perrott

Gold Member
If you're paying attention, all of this was known to not be part of the game until later seasons. Imo anyone that was actually interested would have known basic info. Anyone looking to troll would not have.
This is bullshit. Actual game modes and game features (some of which have been there since Day 1 in previous Halo releases) ARE NOT content that's inherently tied to a new season release, unlike say a multiplayer map, a certain weapon/vehicle or a skin set.

The "it was not meant to release until later seasons" is just a bad excuse for 343's inability to deliver the game on schedule.

oldergamer

This is bullshit. Actual game modes and game features (some of which have been there since Day 1 in previous Halo releases) ARE NOT content that's inherently tied to a new season release, unlike say a multiplayer map, a certain weapon/vehicle or a skin set.

The "it was not meant to release until later seasons" is just a bad excuse for 343's inability to deliver the game on schedule.
You're basically making shit up now. Coming up with rules that determine a game launch in your opinion.

Forge didnt ship with halo 5. It didnt ship with halo 4. It only shipped same day with halo 3 although in a much simpler form. You're trying too hard to find some perceived negative.

Dr. Claus

Vincit qui se vincit

And? Just because it has been known the game was going to release unfinished doesn’t mean that is acceptable.

So delay the game another 6 months? Even though the rest of it is completely ready?
They should have had proper management and deadlines from the start. There no stopping it from being incomplete at launch at this point, but excusing this behavior from developers will only normalize it.

oldergamer

And? Just because it has been known the game was going to release unfinished doesn’t mean that is acceptable.
you determine whats acceptable for only yourself. You think its not acceptable. Meanwhile im sure it will have millions of players that disagree with you. You are stretching to try and find some negative.

oldergamer

They should have had proper management and deadlines from the start. There no stopping it from being incomplete at launch at this point, but excusing this behavior from developers will only normalize it.
Lol you guys are making up your own imaginary situations to support weak opinions. Anyway i cant wait to play it. It looks like the best halo game yet.

Lol you guys are making up your own imaginary situations to support weak opinions. Anyway i cant wait to play it. It looks like the best halo game yet.
Adam Sandler Halloween GIF by Netflix Is a Joke

I just got here, dude. I’m sure infinite will be the best Halo game yet when it’s finished. Until then, it’s incomplete state should be called out. If not, games like Cyberpunk 2077 will be the norm moving forward. More so than before.

Del_X

Adam Sandler Halloween GIF by Netflix Is a Joke

I just got here, dude. I’m sure infinite will be the best Halo game yet when it’s finished. Until then, it’s incomplete state should be called out. If not, games like Cyberpunk 2077 will be the norm moving forward. More so than before.
Comparing a buggy technical mess to a game shipping without a few features is pretty laughable.

Comparing a buggy technical mess to a game shipping without a few features is pretty laughable.
Incomplete is incomplete. I don’t care if it’s just one missing component or buggy mess of a game. It’s unacceptable, and it should be called out. Making excuses for developers on the basis that one game’s launch is worse than the other is the reason we keep getting incomplete games.

Perrott

Gold Member
You're basically making shit up now. Coming up with rules that determine a game launch in your opinion.

Forge didnt ship with halo 5. It didnt ship with halo 4. It only shipped same day with halo 3 although in a much simpler form. You're trying too hard to find some perceived negative.
I'm not talking about Forge, I'm talking about co-op. I'm talking about the raytracing that should already be up and running in the actual game (planned for early 2021, prior to the big delay, so they got no excuse with this). And back to Forge, even if it wasn't there at launch for the most recent Halo releases, the fact that it was planned to come out during 2021 based on the original Halo Infinite post-launch planning means that with the year-long delay the game went through, Forge should already be in the game by now.

If a game's release is surrounded by the news of X, Y and Z features not being there at launch, then I'm sorry to tell you that said game is not launching in a finished state.

Last edited:

Dr. Claus

Vincit qui se vincit
you determine whats acceptable for only yourself. You think its not acceptable. Meanwhile im sure it will have millions of players that disagree with you. You are stretching to try and find some negative.

You folks will really eat up anything and accept progressively worse titles, won't you? Blind and rabid fanboyism at its peak.

oldergamer

You folks will really eat up anything and accept progressively worse titles, won't you? Blind and rabid fanboyism at its peak.
The rabid fanboyism here is clearly those trying to say the game is unfinished due to two features they said would be added after launch fron the start. You and the other console warriors simply look stupid trying to make a point of this. They NEVER said those features would ship with the game. Its a stupid take to try and claim its unfinished. Its laughably dumb to state that.

It also wouldnt make any logical sense to delay a game for raytracing (look how many games have ray tracing post launch patches!) or a multiplayer feature the majority of gamers do not use.

Helghan

It would be if it were an actual beta. It isn't. Its the final product. The devs outright stated this. Every thing that we were going to get on the 8th, we got here. Its a "beta" in name only. The same way Fortnite was a "beta" in its 10th season.
How many lies are you going to keep telling? The subtitle of this article is literally "This truly is a beta". Interview with head of creative of 343i.

So as happy as we were to release multiplayer early, I just always remind people when I talk to them, this was not a marketing event. This truly is a beta. It's really important that people give us feedback, let us know what's not working well. We are making adjustments for sure to make sure the experience is rock solid and as fun as it can be for December 8th.

Black_Stride

do not tempt fate do not contrain Wonder Woman's thighs do not do not
Halo threads are already becoming a chore to get through.
Can the game just come out and the OT be were we discuss it, cuz it seems threads immedietly switch to "why no coop" and "why no forge" bitching back to back to back.
Same guys were never going to buy the game anyway or worse still even if they did buy it they dont have any friends to play coop with.
Im outta this thread maybe outta all Halo threads till the campaign OT.

Stuart360

Outside the fanboys and shills on GAF? Yea, reception has been mostly negative for the MP. Its unfinished, blatantly so. Basic features since the first game are behind paywalls. It has the least amount of content ever in the series. Just look at Twitter and Reddit and you will see that the overwhelming majority thinks it has a great skeleton, but the rest is awful.
What?, i have seen people mention about the progression beinga negative (but thats confirmed to be changed in the full release), and some have moaned about not being ble to pick what game mode to play (again something being changed in the full release), but as for the gameplay and the content we HAVE got, i have seen nothing but high praise. Even DrDisrespect adores the game, and he literally doesnt like anything he plays lol. It even got me back into MP after being off it for a couple of years. The game is tight as fuck.

Last edited:
Have you read any previews of the game? If you think that’s incomplete I guess you just hate video games and are here by accident?
If it’s missing features upon release, it’s incomplete. I never said it would be a bad game, I’m just calling a spade a spade. I don’t know what else to say to make my stance more clear.

Alexvot86

Neo Member
Fair enough no forge at release, that's a map editor which does not impact the campaign experience.

However, no co-op is inexcusable IMO, especially after a 12 month delay. The foundation of halo was built around co-op and it has been in every game day 1 of release since halo 1.

The argument of wait until co-op is released isn't good enough because people will be posting spoilers for months following release on here and many other forums...

Andodalf

Banned
Fair enough no forge at release, that's a map editor which does not impact the campaign experience.

However, no co-op is inexcusable IMO, especially after a 12 month delay. The foundation of halo was built around co-op and it has been in every game day 1 of release since halo 1.

The argument of wait until co-op is released isn't good enough because people will be posting spoilers for months following release on here and many other forums...
So do you think they should delay the game right now? Even though everything is ready? Co op was always going to take longer.

Alexvot86

Neo Member
So do you think they should delay the game right now? Even though everything is ready? Co op was always going to take longer.
I would personally prefer it as I don't have a problem waiting a bit longer but with all the delays already and staggering of game modes it's become a bit of a shit show.

To me releasing a Halo campaign without co-op is like releasing Borderlands or Gears without it. It shouldn't be an option that's considered IMO as its part of what makes the games what they are.

Andodalf

Banned
I would personally prefer it as I don't have a problem waiting a bit longer but with all the delays already and staggering of game modes it's become a bit of a shit show.

To me releasing a Halo campaign without co-op is like releasing Borderlands or Gears without it. It shouldn't be an option that's considered IMO as its part of what makes the games what they are.
Just wait then

oldergamer

Just wait then
That won't allow him to constantly complain about something that has very little impact. I haven't played halo single player in co-op since halo 2. I don't think its a major missing feature anymore. not since they removed split screen.
it never really fit in well with the story imo. story is about one spartan going through levels, not two.

II_JumPeR_I

This Studio lol
I would have cleaned house years ago if i would be Microsoft. Something is clearly not going well over there

Top Bottom