• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo Infinite ‘was designed for Normal difficulty’ for the first time, says 343 - Campaign co-op and Forge mode suffer further delays

Those are game modes, can you not differentiate between a game and its added features? Let's say a MP only game releases with 12 maps and 6 game modes, 12 months later it has 20 maps and 10 game modes. Was the game not complete when it launched? The added content is great but the game was still complete at launch. Same thing here, you have a complete game at launch but added content to come 😉
Following that logic, you can just call anything missing from a game at release an "added feature", making incomplete releases impossible.

Fact is, both coop and forge were announced by 343 to be in the game at launch, and it wasn't until August of this year that they ended up delaying them. Not because they thought it would be a really neat idea to release them as "added" features months after launch, but because they couldn't get them done on time.

Extending season 1 because the team making the content aren't making it. Team working on the coop are obviously behind and I get the feeling that we won't be getting much more MP wise come Dec 8. I'm loving this so far, and I have enjoyed every 343 Halo, but it is clear rhat their project management is abysmal.

If I was Phil I would sack the executive team once this game has shipped
If I were you I'd stop making ridiculous posts about having members of 343 being sacked, just before Christmas as well. 😢

D

Deleted member 471617

Unconfirmed Member
Very happy that the game was developed and designed for normal difficulty since that's what I will be playing the campaign on so hopefully, this should work out perfectly for me.

Very happy that the game was developed and designed for normal difficulty since that's what I will be playing the campaign on so hopefully, this should work out perfectly for me.
I'm not sure what this means for the higher difficulties though, are they going to be easier or the same as previous entries?

Leyasu

Banned
If I were you I'd stop making ridiculous posts about having members of 343 being sacked, just before Christmas as well. 😢
We'll see if my post was ridiculous or not starting on Dec 8. If the MP is the same as what we have now then they are still woefully behind.

Listen, where I work, if the project leads managed projects like 343 have managed this, then they would be out the door.

Artistic

Sucks it pushed back even further.

As far as the difficulty, I usually played on Normal until achievements came around. Played H3 co-op on Heroic with my brother and a few friends first playthrough, Legendary on the 2nd. Played H4 Legendary once solo, and currently going through Guardians Legendary solo as well.

So delay the game another 6 months? Even though the rest of it is completely ready?
No, but make it a top priority to get done in the first 13 months of extra time and delay instead of being content complete and do just polish work.

Or delay the campaign 2 more months instead of just 1. They already did a staggered release anyways.

no rush for co-op. rather they focus on campaign/online. so good on them for delaying it. People cry if a game is rushed/bad but they don’t want to be patient and let the developer actually get it right. It’ll come when it’s ready.
I think people forgot how quickly we got new games and sequels back in the day. This concept of waiting years to get half baked games is new and people are understandably mad about it.

At the end of the day it’s not like we are getting any younger and the constant “waiting game” is frustrating when you factor in how long this game was in development and the 1 year delay for it to still not be 100% on day one.

I can understand the perspective on both sides because I think people underestimated just how talented Bungie was at pumping these games out so quickly.
No forge. No coop. Talk only season 1 and season 2 content etc. Is Halo a gaas lite shit now?
Yes, it is actually. They plan to keep building on this game for a few years instead of releasing a new game.

Last edited:

Banned
So delay the game another 6 months? Even though the rest of it is completely ready?

can't wait for the new Doom game! I hope they release the first level of the game whenever it is done! Why delay the game for another 2 years if the first level is done and completely ready?

Also Mario Odyssey 2, why are they taking so long? some of the levels have to be finished by now right? why delay the game for another few years if they can release the completed levels now?

And what's taking Forza 8 so long? if 2 of the 20 tracks and 5 of the 400 cars ars completely done and ready, why not release them? why delay the game for 1 or 2 more years when we could race with 5 variants of the VW Golf on the Nürburgring RIGHT NOW!?!?

and where is Street Fighter 6? Ryu has to be fully programmed by now for sure right? and the training stage with it's white squares should be ready... surely... why not release it now? why delay it just because the rest isn't done yet?

Last edited:

Kagoshima_Luke

Gold Member
Co-op is a patch in 2022?

ryan-reynolds-sad.gif

I think at this point 343 are one of my least favorite developers ever.

Banned
Co-op is a patch in 2022?

ryan-reynolds-sad.gif

I think at this point 343 are one of my least favorite developers ever.

If Microsoft doesn't close the studio within the next few months, I doubt their sanity... 343 is a joke and has been since its inception

they need to press a reset button for the franchise real fast, because it's clear this studio has some very serious issues

Last edited:

TheKratos

Campaign coop has been a big part of the franchise from the start. What's with these devs fucking up basic things. Sure COVID plays a role but games being half assed and big features coming at later dates need to stop.

Leyasu

Banned
If Microsoft doesn't close the studio within the next few months, I doubt their sanity... 343 is a joke and has been since its inception

they need to press a reset button for the franchise real fast, because it's clear this studio has some very serious issues
They don't need to close the studio, but they do need to change the executive team at the studio for sure. They are way out of their league.

Get out the fucking cheque book, and get Rod Fergusson back as studio director and then let him pick his executive team. He has proven time and time again that he can get things done that are both quality, highly polished and completed in a timely fashion.

Last edited:

Helghan

Right... Because everyone is so negative about the multiplayer, and the early campaign preview

Andodalf

Banned
No, but make it a top priority to get done in the first 13 months of extra time and delay instead of being content complete and do just polish work.

Or delay the campaign 2 more months instead of just 1. They already did a staggered release anyways.
They’re working on it. It is a priority, you just have no idea how making video games work.

DenchDeckard

Moderated wildly
Extending season 1 because the team making the content aren't making it. Team working on the coop are obviously behind and I get the feeling that we won't be getting much more MP wise come Dec 8. I'm loving this so far, and I have enjoyed every 343 Halo, but it is clear rhat their project management is abysmal.

If I was Phil I would sack the executive team once this game has shipped

I don't agree with sacking people but I agree that something drastic needs to be done if they can't keep up with content. A re shuffle or something.

The core team have made something amazing but they must be able to deliver seasons and content on time to keep this alive. Look at apex legends etc. Going from strength to strength.

Hendrick's

If only my penis was as big as my GamerScore!
I'm not sure what this means for the higher difficulties though, are they going to be easier or the same as previous entries?
The way I took it was that Normal has max AI settings and health/damage set to a beginner friendly level. Higher levels are probably just damage modifiers.

Razvedka

Banned
“That doesn’t mean that Heroic isn’t hard and that Legendary isn’t very punishing, those are things that are still just part of Halo, but we did spend more time on Normal difficulty from the standpoint of, ‘what if you were a new player and you’d never fought the covenant before or you’ve never fought anything in Halo before and it’s your first time using an AR?’

This is not the stuff I want to hear as someone who has been playing Halo since I was like 10.

Who are these people who have never seen or played Halo which are buying Infinite? Why are we engaging in hand holding for one of the biggest franchises on the planet that is some twenty years old?

Imagine:

‘what if you were a new to Star Wars and you’d never fought the Empire before or you’ve never fought anything in setting before and it’s your first time using a blaster or lightsaber?’

Yes, all 15 people that this might be applicable to deep inside the Amazonian Jungles are deeply gratified at your concern for their newness to the experience.

The cherry on top of course being they just delayed co-op and forge. I've been playing the Infinite Multiplayer beta nonstop since it came out, while it has its issues which drove me nuts for a hot minute, me and my mates are loving it. It feels like the MP team were the only part of 343 that understood what their job was and executed it with the highest level of confidence they were entrusted.

DenchDeckard DenchDeckard
I don't agree with sacking people but I agree that something drastic needs to be done if they can't keep up with content. A re shuffle or something.
What does this mean? That a person can be terrible at their job and never be given walking papers? I concur with Leyasu, they should all be fired. 343 has had nearly a decade to get themselves ship shape.

Edit: Forge is whatever to me, though I appreciate that many have used and love it over the years. But no co-op is something of a campaign deal breaker, and my friends and I will wait for that to drop before buying the main game. Now I just need to figure out if there is a 'premium' option for the multiplayer and just what that entails, or if its locked to buying the campaign.

Last edited:

Black_Stride

do not tempt fate do not contrain Wonder Woman's thighs do not do not

Why do you enter Halo threads if all you want to do is bitch about the game and 343.
Weve heard your complaints 10 times too many times.
We get it you dont like 343 and dont like Halo Infinte.
Dont buy it, STFU and let people who like what the game is doing enjoy the game.
Your posts have little to nothing to do with the topic.

Razvedka

Banned
Why do you enter Halo threads if all you want to do is bitch about the game and 343.
Weve heard your complaints 10 times too many times.
We get it you dont like 343 and dont like Halo Infinte.
Dont buy it, STFU and let people who like what the game is doing enjoy the game.
Your posts have little to nothing to do with the topic.
This is a thread literally about them delaying huge features of the game- right near their 'new release' for the product after it was delayed for a year.

I have no idea what his posting history is elsewhere, but discussing the short comings of 343 in this particular thread seems perfectly reasonable.

BbMajor7th

I don't know - I feel like MS has to carry the can for studio management. I don't know if they're too hands-on or too hands-off, but their studios seem to hit a lot of roadblocks.

Even a studio with significant management issues like Bioware shipped three (admittedly bad) games last gen, plus post support and have more already announced.

Iced Arcade

that's an interesting take... have you been ignoring the MP, SP impressions, videos and overall general talk by any chance?

Bitmap Frogs

Mr. Community
I hope the game comes out good, Halo has lots of fans.

But I can't avoid to feel that 343 is ill suited for the task... delivering the game in piecemeal bites after such a long development? Somethings not right.

oldergamer

That is literally the dumbest take ever. 343 doesn't need to add co-op and other features if they choose not to. Its their choice. They wanted to finish the game ( which will be played best single player ) and if they want to take more time to add co-op at a later date and ensure it plays the best it could, who are you to be claiming they should shut the studio?

Honestly, I've been really consistent in my criticizing of arm chair psuedo developers on this forum, but you guys, unless you were directly involved in the making of halo or know people that were, simply put...

"don't know shit about what went on there, or where the problems were!"

Last edited:

Hendrick's

If only my penis was as big as my GamerScore!

You’re still at it huh?

oldergamer

This is easily the biggest halo game made thus far. The first to use a completely new rendering system, the first to feature a larger semi open world. The people here that think this is a long development cycle are ignoring when they restarted development with the new engine + forgetting just how many games were delayed the past covid filled years. Games get delayed all the time, and in this instance it was easily for the better.

People making claims things are "delayed further" when a specific date was never given for those features ( No they never stated co-op was at launch, or forge at launch, or Ray tracing included at launch. ) They are committing to future dates however, and there really isn't anything more we as gamers could ask for.

McGILLAZ

Bummer that there's no co-op campaign...60$ seems pretty steep for something that's "nerfed"at launch. Happy the multiplayer is free - it's excellent.

ultrazilla

I called the single player campaign delay:

EDIT: Campaign "co op" and "Forge" have been delayed and it's still not shipping with RTX. I still think they should formally delay the single player campaign until
it is all done. If they need more time, give it to them.

Last edited:
I called the single player campaign delay:

Huh single player isn’t delayed tho - co op is

Dr. Claus

Vincit qui se vincit
Right... Because everyone is so negative about the multiplayer, and the early campaign preview

Outside the fanboys and shills on GAF? Yea, reception has been mostly negative for the MP. Its unfinished, blatantly so. Basic features since the first game are behind paywalls. It has the least amount of content ever in the series. Just look at Twitter and Reddit and you will see that the overwhelming majority thinks it has a great skeleton, but the rest is awful.

Leyasu

Banned
Outside the fanboys and shills on GAF? Yea, reception has been mostly negative for the MP. Its unfinished, blatantly so. Basic features since the first game are behind paywalls. It has the least amount of content ever in the series. Just look at Twitter and Reddit and you will see that the overwhelming majority thinks it has a great skeleton, but the rest is awful.
Normally I would say that it is only a beta. But I really don't think that there will be another 5 arena maps and snd 5 BTB maps coming on the 8th Dec.....Even if they are remixes. I don't even think that we will get a nex midship map for launch.

I personally think that the series pass/xp gain is awful by necessity not design. I.E:, the team making the season pass are not yet fully on the task. Once they get there and have some dates that they know that they can attain, they will suddenly say "we have listened to the feedback, and xp will be awarded just like the MCC blah blah"

Dr. Claus

Vincit qui se vincit
Normally I would say that it is only a beta. But I really don't think that there will be another 5 arena maps and snd 5 BTB maps coming on the 8th Dec.....Even if they are remixes. I don't even think that we will get a nex midship map for launch.

I personally think that the series pass/xp gain is awful by necessity not design. I.E:, the team making the season pass are not yet fully on the task. Once they get there and have some dates that they know that they can attain, they will suddenly say "we have listened to the feedback, and xp will be awarded just like the MCC blah blah"
The existence of challenge change tokens leads me to believe that its all by design, not necessity. They are selling a solution to a problem they created.

Andodalf

Banned
Bummer that there's no co-op campaign...60$ seems pretty steep for something that's "nerfed"at launch. Happy the multiplayer is free - it's excellent.
I mean it sounds like it’s going to be 3-4 x as long as previous games, so if you count Co Op as half the title they should still be charging 120$ for it right?

Helghan

Then we read different things. The fact that you call it unfinished when it's a beta is pretty disingenuous.

oldergamer

Wasn't the last of us supposed to have multiplayer that it then didn't get and they say it will be standalone game? Does that make LOU2 unfinished? not at all.

Top Bottom