• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo|GT3|Melee|SonicADV. Which of the 6th gen consoles bestselling flagship exclusive did you think was the best?

Which best-selling flagship exclusive do you like most?

• Halo 2 (Xbox)

Votes: 26 52.0%
  • Gran Turismo 3: A-spec (PS2)

Votes: 11 22.0%
  • Super Smash Bros. Melee (GC)

Votes: 8 16.0%
  • Sonic Adventure (DC)

Votes: 5 10.0%

• Total voters
There were 4 popular consoles that came out 6th gen, that are held high by fans around the world till this day. Each one had one flagship exclusive that was the reason to buy the system, the best selling of them all that you couldn't play on any other console.

Which of these 4 flagship best-selling games do you think was best?

Xbox = Halo 2

Halo2-cover.png

PlayStation 2 = Gran Turismo 3: A-Spec

Gran_Turismo_3.jpg

NIntendo GameCube = Super Smash Bros. Melee

Super_Smash_Bros_Melee_box_art.png

Sega Dreamcast = Sonic Adventure

Sonic_Adventure.PNG

Last edited:

Kuranghi

Haha I'm the winner, close the poll!

I never played Smash with friends, didnt have console friends so thats out. GT3 and SA were awesome but if I had to choose one its got to be Halo 2, played that game for dozens of hours, the first time with French VO and I had no idea what was going on lol.

Last edited:

ToadMan

I enjoyed half of Halo - the half seeing new stuff. My memory of it was a lot of backtracking to pad the story and that got old quick. And then it was finished.

Melee - played a tiny bit of it. At that time I didn’t have a group of people who would play it so I probably missed out on the fun.

Never played sonic.

GT3.... yeah. Hours and hours and hours. Easy win there.

EDIT : and of course mandatory with any GT3 mention

EDIT 2 : Oh Halo 2? Yeah you chose the wrong Halo for this comparison.

Last edited:
Out of those games it's definitely Halo 2. The amount of hours spent in multiplayer on that game dwarves all of the time put into the other 3 games combined

nordique

Torn between halo 2 and smash bros melee

both of those were the most played games between me and my friends during that era

Sub_Level

wants to fuck an Asian grill.
Halo 2 is a game I loved as a kid but now find to still be pretty good, even with the cliffhanger.

Sonic Adventure is a game I loved as a kid but now find to be shit.

Kokoloko85

I dont consider GT the flag ship exclusive, but I guess that means best selling? Which I think is GTA San Andreas
I would of gone with something like FF X, GTA San andreas, MGS 2 or 3. God of War etc

But from that list I love Sonic Adventure the most. And then Halo 2, then Smash. GT is great but Im not much of a Racer

Last edited:
Hm, I still think GT4 was the jewel racing game for PS2 rather than GT3.
Metacritic is irrelevant considering the time the game was released.
MC comprises of the views of the time though.

I'm not saying I agree or disagree with you, just that critics liked 3 more than 4, likely because 3 was the shocking first next gen game and 4 was the follow up imo.

I dont consider GT the flag ship exclusive, but I guess that means best selling? Which I think is GTA San Andreas
I could play San Andreas on PC and Xbox.

I'm not saying I agree or disagree with you, just that critics liked 3 more than 4, likely because 3 was the shocking first next gen game and 4 was the follow up imo.
Graphically wise it was shocking but I think nobody thinks about Gran Turismo 3 A-Spec (I think it was A-Spec) before GT4. GT4 is still the best GT anyway.

Last edited:
Top Bottom