• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo 5: Guardians is free

Wizz-Art

I tried this 5 times, with 2 different clean browser, 5 different e-mails, 5 different cities in the USA with my VPN and it keeps saying I already have an account. I give up, if anyone want's to be nice and do it for me to get a code for Halo 5, I would appreciate it!

Last edited:

Sholi

Neo Member
I’m having the same problem. Always says that the email has been used when it obviously hasn’t. If anybody has a spare code it would be appreciated.

Anki

Banned
I got it. I used vpn (set it to usa) and signed up. I got confirmation email, after verifying it i was presented with the code for halo 5.

Cutty Flam

Banned
Brilliant MP.
Well worth trying if you haven't played yet.
Are you kidding? Brilliant? I've never played it personally, but I was so disgusted with Halo 4 after a few months of playing that I completely skipped Halo 5. Didn't even watch the trailer

What changed?

JimiNutz

Banned
Are you kidding? Brilliant? I've never played it personally, but I was so disgusted with Halo 4 after a few months of playing that I completely skipped Halo 5. Didn't even watch the trailer

What changed?

For me personally 60fps makes a huge difference.
The gunplay feels so much smoother than any past Halo MP. The gameplay is also faster, the sound design is great and the guns feel great to fire.

I know that sprint and some of the Spartan abilities were controversial additions but for me they made my character feel much more powerful and 'super soldier like'.

If you much prefer a slower paced more methodical style to your MP shooters then you may prefer the older Halo gameplay but for me I loved the faster style of Halo 5.

Cutty Flam

Banned
For me personally 60fps makes a huge difference.
The gunplay feels so much smoother than any past Halo MP. The gameplay is also faster, the sound design is great and the guns feel great to fire.

I know that sprint and some of the Spartan abilities were controversial additions but for me they made my character feel much more powerful and 'super soldier like'.

If you much prefer a slower paced more methodical style to your MP shooters then you may prefer the older Halo gameplay but for me I loved the faster style of Halo 5.
Interesting stuff. I'll have to give it a try sometime in the near future. For me it was always

Halo 2 > Halo 3 >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Halo 4

Halo 5 I still haven't played a second of. I think I checked out one map on a youtube video and that's it. Not sure how the maps are but for me they were a huge factor in determining how well made the multiplayer is. Halo always had amazing guns

STARSBarry

Gold Member
Campaign is god awful, but I keep hearing good things about multiplayer... How?!?

The damn thing has the exact same issue battlefront 2 had, How is a new player supposed to enjoy themselves if the enemy team keeps pulling out Banshees that they got in there lootboxes over and over in war zone? spoilers there not, your supposed to buy more lootboxes so you can also have fun, what an a amazing game loop you have there.

No part of this title is worth playing, its a terrible all round game that is finally at its correct price considering its MTX system. Its Halo in name only.

Last edited:

FireFly

Campaign is god awful, but I keep hearing good things about multiplayer... How?!?

The damn thing has the exact same issue battlefront 2 had, How is a new player supposed to enjoy themselves if the enemy team keeps pulling out Banshees that they got in there lootboxes over and over in war zone? spoilers there not, your supposed to buy more lootboxes so you can also have fun, what an a amazing game loop you have there.

No part of this title is worth playing, its a terrible all round game that is finally at its correct price considering its MTX system. Its Halo in name only.
From what I recall, Banshees spawn at level 5, but Sparton Lasers spawn at level 4, and Energy Pistols at level 3, not taking into account Mantises and AA Wraiths, as well as Warthogs. So the counters are already on the battlefield by the time you get one. The Ultra Banshee is OP, but only appears in late game and is rare anyway.

JimiNutz

Banned
Interesting stuff. I'll have to give it a try sometime in the near future. For me it was always

Halo 2 > Halo 3 >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Halo 4

Halo 5 I still haven't played a second of. I think I checked out one map on a youtube video and that's it. Not sure how the maps are but for me they were a huge factor in determining how well made the multiplayer is. Halo always had amazing guns

To be honest I think some people did complain that the maps in Halo 5 weren't great.
I didn't really mind them but the ability to clamber up and over ledges was something new for the franchise and the maps had to be quite different to accommodate this.

Going back and playing Halo 2 and 3 MP after Halo 5 felt like I was running through mud and firing really weak weapons. Maybe that would be different now that XSX runs the MCC at 120fps though.

Top Bottom