• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo 4 is coming to the PC on November 17th

KyoZz

Tag, you're it.
unknown.png

Microsoft has announced that Halo 4 will be officially coming to the PC on November 17th. In order to celebrate this announcement, the publisher has also released a brand new PC trailer that you can find below.

Now optimized for PC, players can experience the fully remastered campaign to embark against new foes, dust off some orbital drops in Spartan Ops, or dive right back into the multiplayer.
Halo 4 continues the story of the series’ iconic hero the Master Chief. In Halo 4, Master Chief returns to confront his destiny and face an ancient evil that threatens the fate of the entire universe.

Stuart360

Oh shit, its finally here!.
My first time playing the game ever. Time to see just how bad it supposedly is.

1fl3s0O.jpg

Epic news :messenger_beermugs: .

Halo 4 has, secretly, a really great single player Halo campaign. The poor, under-developed, multiplayer component -on launch- controlled the negative narrative back in the day but the single player game was always ace (speaking, as a launch OG Halo CE gamer).

I strongly recommend a playthrough, even for those new to the series.

58xsp4k.gif

Last edited:

Skifi28

You are in for a real, uh...treat?

As someone that wasn't a huge fan of halo3, I wouldn't be surprised if I really liked it. Regardless, the important thing is managing expectations, I know what I'm getting myself into.

I imagine the reason it has such a bad reputation is people at launch expecting great things instead of a controversial entry.

MiguelItUp

At least they're still on track with these titles. Though I'll admit I had no plans of touching 4 or 5 at all. They just didn't look that appealing to me. Multiplayer was super odd looking too.

Do people actually find the Craig picture still funny? I felt like it was a dead meme at this point, lmao.

Chiggs

As someone that wasn't a huge fan of halo3, I wouldn't be surprised if I really liked it. Regardless, the important thing is managing expectations, I know what I'm getting myself into.

I imagine the reason it has such a bad reputation is people at launch expecting great things instead of a controversial entry.

Yeah, you've got the right mindset. It's not horrible, but those Promethean Knights get real old real quick.

diffusionx

Gold Member
Oh shit, its finally here!.
My first time playing the game ever. Time to see just how bad it supposedly is.

It's not bad, in any way.

I even liked the multiplayer, the new weapons were cool.

I wonder why they don't want to release halo 5 as part of the MCC?

MCC originally came out before Halo 5, and of course all of its multiplayer and single player are tied together in a way that they didn't totally figure out until four years post-release.

I do think that H5 will come to PC at some point though.

Last edited:

Compsiox

Banned
They still could but honestly it seems like there will only be hints of the story in Halo Infinite so it might not be necessary from that perspective. Although the multiplayer is the best since Halo 2 so I really hope they do bring it over.

SCB3

Well originally it was 1-4, as these were the games you played as MC in, but they gave us ODST as a "hey we fucked up the MP" peace offering, then they finally added Reach due to demand and as part of the Backwards Compatibility program that Xbox was doing.

When they announced MCC was coming to PC, Reach was the first one they did

5 is an easier port job as well, half of it is already up and working on PC atm as part of the PC Forge mode that's separate to the MCC, I just want them all in one place at this point

I liked Halo 4. It played fine, and the art was on point. The issue was that although good, the art was a radical departure from Halo 3 and absolutely everything was changed, right down to the ship the game starts in, the Forward unto Dawn.

The story had some really good parts and some interesting new characters like Laskey, Roland, Del Rio (what an absolute dick), and fleshed out Halsey really well. Chief and Cortana's dialogue was good, really all the voice acting was on-point. The problem here was that Halo 4 is when Halo games started requiring people to do homework to figure out what exactly is going on in the games.

Half of the story in Halo 4 was released later in the Spartan Ops portion of the game which was trickled out over time after launch. People who played through the campaign and stopped there weren't even aware that at the end of Halo 4 you didn't kill the Didact, he just fell into slip space. To find out how the Didact died, you need to consume Halo media outside the game. Then you need to play Spartan Ops to find out what happens six months after the campaign ended which ties the game into Halo 5. Before Halo 5 though, you have to do some more homework to find out anything about the main bad guy built up though the entire Spartan Ops story, Jul Mdama. Of course when Halo 5 Starts you just kill him immediately because his story arc happened outside the game. People that finished Halo 4's campaign but didn't stick around for the Spartan Ops stuff had no idea who Jul even was or why you were even out to get him. He was a brilliant tactician and one of the most powerful Elites, but to most players he was some guy you easily snuff out at the start of Halo 5. What a waste.

Last edited:

Naked Lunch

It appears the core work for the entire Halo MCC is now completed. It seems its as good as it can possibly get now. All the control options and graphic options (like custom FOV finally). Cross-play which now just doubled the playerbase. 60fps in 4 player split screen is pretty awesome.

Quite a turnaround for the game after the shitshow it launched with and sustained for years.

Halo 4 is the best looking Halo game in my opinion. The Chief looks so badass in in 4. Overall artstyle in 5 was a step back to my eyes.

JimboJones

Halo 4 looks fantastic, not one of my favourites gameplay wise though, found it hard to get into the multilayer back when it came out felt like a big departure and I just couldn't adapt.
At least performance won't be an issue this time, goodbye sub 30fps, hello 120.

Last edited:
1fl3s0O.jpg

Epic news :messenger_beermugs: .

Halo 4 has, secretly, a really great single player Halo campaign. The poor, under-developed, multiplayer component -on launch- controlled the negative narrative back in the day but the single player game was always ace (speaking, as a launch OG Halo CE gamer).

I strongly recommend a playthrough, even for those new to the series.

58xsp4k.gif
Just played this; performs well.

At least they toned down the karen. She’s essentially naked just lacking the finer detail.

Halo 4 has far too many buttons to press, and it’s practically every mission.

2 is the best of these by far.

AREYOUOKAY?

I don't care if it's the most hated game in the series I still want Halo 5 to join Steam also. Bring Halo Wars 2 there also while you're at it.

I don't care if it's the most hated game in the series I still want Halo 5 to join Steam also. Bring Halo Wars 2 there also while you're at it.
Wouldn't 5 be the easiest to port?

Halo 2 CE, is really nicely done.

I'll play infinite, not fussed if the graffix are latest and greatest.

Last edited:
Top Bottom