• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halloween Games You Owe To Yourselves

It's Halloween night and you owe it to yourself to play Bloodstained, Castlevania, Legacy of Kain and Darksiders.

For amazingly great series. Bloodstained is still new but highly recommended and I mean that for all three games that were released so I am counting the two 8-bit games which in some ways are better than Ritual of the Night.

This is a series that hopefully gets many more sequels.

Legacy of Kain is a classic.

Darksiders is as close as you're going to get to Legacy of Kain and a great series that reminds me a lot of the first two Hellboy movies by Gilmore del Toro. It is a fantastic series with lots of exploration and puzzles.

I'd also like to add in a strange one called Vader Immortal. It's a VR Star Wars game but strangely enough it's very scary as you explore Vader's haunted castle. And without too much spoilers, yes it's actually haunted.

If you like RE games (especially the older titles) then I highly recommend.
I'm not a big fan of the zombie genre but I do kind of like Resident Evil. Actually the new one seems like one of the best I've seen ever and I like the direction they went in with that.

StreetsofBeige

Gold Member
Dead Nation on PS3 is an awesome game. Kind of like Diablo but with zombies. Seemed hard as hell. Maybe the game is supposed to be played coop where playing SP is destined to be doomed.

Never played the better version on PS4 but I’ll assume it’s even better.

OZ9000

Banned

I'm blown away at how good this FPS is. The graphics look awful but it's such a fun shooter.

Last edited:

Doom85

Dark Pictures: Little Hope - good, but like the first one, such a step down from Until Dawn. I don’t know how soon, if ever, I’ll bother with the third and upcoming fourth entry. I just feel there’s less passion in these smaller titles compare to Until Dawn and The Quarry (see below)

Fatal Frame 5 - pretty spooky, and the camera action was fun. But a bit too heavy on revisiting locations. Also, the ”run from the invincible boss and hope she doesn’t teleport right in front of you and instantly K.O. you” moments were bullshit

The Quarry - okay, I still have a few chapters left, but this is more like it. Until Dawn is still the king from this team, but this is a respectable runner up. A few of the characters are just fine but nobody is downright hateable (I was worried Emma would be just like Emily from Until Dawn, the only character I hate in that game, but even she turned it around). I really like Ryan and Dylan. And Kaitlyn is great, admittedly I am biased because damn Brenda Song is pretty. Also, I hope Ted Raimi‘s character still has a decent amount of screen time left, the chapter (7, I think?) where two characters interact with him a lot was great.

RE Village (replay in 3rd person) - okay, I know some weren’t big on it, but I’m digging the new perspective. I still have some criticisms of this game particularly as a RE title, but it’s still overall a good time. Will probably do two playthroughs then start the Rose DLC

Top Bottom