• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Half-Life: Source - What Went Wrong?

IbizaPocholo

NeoGAFs Kent Brockman

Half-Life: Source is a direct port of the original Half-Life game to Half-Life 2’s Source engine, introducing graphics and AI improvements as well as some subtle level changes. It is available on Steam as part of three packs: Half-Life Complete, Valve Complete Pack and Half-Life 1: Source, the latter also includes Half-Life Deathmatch: Source.

D.Final

Banned

Half-Life: Source is a direct port of the original Half-Life game to Half-Life 2’s Source engine, introducing graphics and AI improvements as well as some subtle level changes. It is available on Steam as part of three packs: Half-Life Complete, Valve Complete Pack and Half-Life 1: Source, the latter also includes Half-Life Deathmatch: Source.

Interesting

I think it is, basically, a speed development choice made by the team, I suppose.
They want made a quickly work

Kupfer

I remember playing this in 2005 when I installed all games from my HL2 Collectors Edition. It felt pretty much off. But now we have Black Mesa, the game I imagined Half Life Source would be.
But what I wonder most, I played another HL-Universe game back then, I don't have in my library no more and I don't know what happened to it.
It was a 2D Half Life, Project Gordon or somthing like that - someone has more info?
EDIT
Nevermind, I found it. It's called Codename: Gordon and was free for everyone with a steamaccount as some kind of advertisement for HL2.
You can still download and play it if you type "steam://install/92" in your browser, since it's still free but can't be found via the store.

ULCVfeB.jpg

Last edited:
Top Bottom