• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.
  • The Politics forum has been nuked. Please do not bring political discussion to the rest of the site, or you will be removed. Thanks.

Opinion Retro Trailer Half-Life Impressive Playstation 2 Port.

IbizaPocholo

NeoGAFs Kent Brockman
Dec 1, 2014
ibiza

Half-Life was Valve's first product, released on November 19, 1998. Players control Gordon Freeman, a theoretical physicist, after the Black Mesa Research Facility accidentally causes a dimensional rift which triggers an alien invasion. The game was published by Sierra Studios and released for Windows, and was ported by Gearbox Software to PlayStation 2 in 2001.

Valve later converted the game to use their Source engine.[2] Half-Life received critical acclaim, critics hailing its overall presentation and numerous scripted sequences. The game won over 50 Game of the Year awards and its gameplay has influenced first-person shooters for years to come. Half-Life has since been regarded as one of the greatest games of all time.

Kev Kev

Gold Member
Oct 25, 2012
Only way I could play HL was in PS2 since I didn’t have a PC strong enough to run it.

I didn’t realize there were so many differences. I played the shit out of it, and it had a super fun multiplayer mode me and a buddy would get hammered and chase each other around all night. And it had a co-op campaign that was fun.

In fact if it hasn’t been for this port I may have never gotten into the series to begin with.

Esppiral

Nov 19, 2018
Albeit unfinished the Dreamcast port is more impressive. Also the footage from that video is from an emulator no way a ps2 game can look that crisp.