• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Half-Life 2 : MMod - Release Trailer.

IbizaPocholo

NeoGAFs Kent Brockman

From yt: After 9 years in development, hopefully it would have been worth the wait.

https://www.moddb.com/mods/hl2-ep2-enhased-mod/downloads/half-life-2-mmod-version-11

The goal of Half-Life 2 : MMod is to enhance and expand gunplay, combat mechanics and the immersion factor by giving the Player more options and combat opportunities as well as refine how the Player handles his arsenal. Half-Life 2 : MMod also offers minor AI enhancements, extended abilities for combine soldiers, multiple bug fixes, enhanced visuals, VFX re-design, sound redesign and much much more, while keeping nearly every new feature in the mod totally optional.

Alexios

Cores, shaders and BIOS oh my!
It's been so long since I played Hl2 other than the new weapons (well, one new weapon? taking the deployed machinegun as portable?) and animations I don't see what they've changed. But if firefights play and feel better that's good, HL series always had weak gunplay for me and I liked it for other reasons and never even liked HL2 much compared to the first game so yeah, I guess you don't care about me :p

Last edited:
Just reinstalled my Orange Box content on Steam (been meaning to run thru Portal 1&2 again as well).

So far I’m loving the mod. Feels great and the optional new settings offer great flexibility based on what you’re looking for.

Checking it out for sure.

Though I must say I was hoping for another HL2 mod to release, the VR one.

The time I spent playing HL2 in vr with limited hardware (dk2 and razer hydra) is still one of the best gaming experiences I've had.

Can't wait to go back to it with proper motion controls and roomscale.

Sub_Level

wants to fuck an Asian grill.
This is as good a thread as any to bust out my HL2 mod recommendations

- Mission Improbable (medium length)
- MINERVA: Metastasis (medium length)
- Nightmare House 2 (short)

All are singleplayer and all are excellent.

What are these? Like extra levels/areas? I’ve never heard of this

Thanks again for suggesting these, turns out the MMOD supports Metastasis too.

Been having a ball with MMOD so far. Feels like I’m 19 again when HL2 blew me away. Nostalgia overload

Only issue I’ve run into is the models of the train you ride in on in the beginning of the main game are transparent

Last edited:

makaveli60

I don't really like mods because I like to play what the devs originally envisioned but this looks amazing. If one day I will replay it I will be doing it with this mod.

Alexios

Cores, shaders and BIOS oh my!
Nice to hear the guns feel good in this, I'll try it at some point, video also says it works with all HL2 vanilla-style HL2 stuff like Lost Coat, Episodes, even Minerva: Metastasis fan campaign. Awesome.

Also only the pistols have iron sights for that one who complained, the others just do a small zoom like say, some of new Doom's weapons or F.E.A.R., organic, intuitive, without slowing the pace of it.

Last edited:
Top Bottom