• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Half-Life 2 Is Getting Its Biggest Patch In Years

Skifi28

I take this as a sign that Half-Life 3 is coming relatively soon. They are brushing up Half-Life 2 to get ready to release a Half-Life trilogy.

And I'm not kidding. With Half-Life Alyx and Valve's renewed commitment to making games it feels natural now, and with the Steamdeck coming soon, Half-Life 3 is the perfect game to sell that thing.
Fes8zgw.jpg

Pejo

Interesting. They could have just optimized it for Deck and called it a day, love that they actually added all of these extra features.

Cool shit.

Spaceman292

Banned
I take this as a sign that Half-Life 3 is coming relatively soon. They are brushing up Half-Life 2 to get ready to release a Half-Life trilogy.

And I'm not kidding. With Half-Life Alyx and Valve's renewed commitment to making games it feels natural now, and with the Steamdeck coming soon, Half-Life 3 is the perfect game to sell that thing.
Don't hold your breath

Kuranghi

I'm playing Black Mesa currently, and it looks fine... however, it runs like crap, mapping controls to a controller doesn't stick, and navigating menus with a controller is a nightmare.

I imagine HL2 and the xpansions are worlds better than Black Mesa, since the former is made by valve, but if not I don't think I'll ever play HL2 on PC.

I'm not sure about controller support in the official titles these days but these games are really made to be played on KB&M tbh, I just sucked it up when I played Black Mesa earlier this year because controller support was fucked as you say.

Not sure which controller you're using but you could download DS4Windows (https://ryochan7.github.io/ds4windows-site/) and then just remap the keyboard and mouse to the controller, it even has presets so a lot of the work will be done for you.

kiphalfton

I'm not sure about controller support in the official titles these days but these games are really made to be played on KB&M tbh, I just sucked it up when I played Black Mesa earlier this year because controller support was fucked as you say.

Not sure which controller you're using but you could download DS4Windows (https://ryochan7.github.io/ds4windows-site/) and then just remap the keyboard and mouse to the controller, it even has presets so a lot of the work will be done for you.

I believe I have a mapping program I bought or that's free in steam. Will have to double check. If that doesn't work out I can check out that DS4 program. Thanks.

Top Bottom