• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hades UK boxed charts - gamepass data not counted

Evilms

Banned

Hades UK : 93% on PlayStation vs 7% only on Xbox​

aie.gif

JLB

Banned
Whats the issue here? I mean alot of gamers double or even triple dip on games they enjoy 🤷🏻‍♀️.

You make it sound like he commited a crime or something 😂

nah, anyone is free to spend its money on whatever they want. i have spend it dumber things than that for sure lol

kingfey

Banned
The proof is the data and sales figures from their financials, unlike MS where they have something to hide.
what does this have to do with MS? Is MS buying games for their customers?

If you have a tight budget, you can just wait for sales to happen. No need to buy it day one.
This is what people are doing. Its why we have these low data sales. People are not willing to spend 70$ on games day1.

Also, most big 3rd party games are not coming to Gamepass day one. So your point is not relevant. Xbox users will pay the same amount on most 3rd party games as well, or wait for these games to come to gamepass down the line.
What does that have to do with gamepass? We are talking about how games are way over priced, and people not willing to spend 70$ for it.

xrnzaaas

Gold Member
I'm glad this game got a retail release and even a separate PS5 one on top of that. So many cool titles are released as digital-only these days... like I recently had to break my promise to wait for Disco Elysium's retail release because of no info if and when it's still happening.

Hezekiah

Banned
116m ps4 + 10m ps5 vs 52m x1 + 6m xseries.

If my math is correct, the person with the highest numbers will win.

If you want to celebrate that, go a head.
Roller Coaster Fun GIF by Vevo
An awful lot of salt from certain people on this thread.

Microsoft doesn't care about software numbers, or hardware numbers, only services. So why are their fans getting so triggered??

It wouldn’t really occur to me to buy a small file size title like Hades (or Bastion, Transistor, et al) physically. In fact I hardly ever buy anything physically anymore.

But I’m also in the Gamepass pile for this one.

Yeah that's pretty bad for xbox if major 3rd party games are selling majority of their copies on PS. They are actually losing mindshare. Microsoft need to start doing more marketing deals for these games.
That’s very true. Actually, I don’t think this is entirely Microsoft’s fault because the demographic for Xbox seems to be very different then the PlayStation and Nintendo demographic. It seems like XBOX gamers have more specific and much stricter preferences in what type of games they support from my observation. I’m sure Gamepass isn’t going to help matters either.

I’m not really sure what the solution is for Microsoft. I don’t even know if good marketing will really help. What good is having good third party games and exclusives if most of your audience won’t embrace and support them? The future should be very interesting.

Last edited:
That’s very true. Actually, I don’t think this is entirely Microsoft’s fault because the demographic for Xbox seems to be very different then the PlayStation and Nintendo demographic. It seems like XBOX gamers have more specific and much stricter preferences in what type of games they support from my observation. I’m sure Gamepass isn’t going to help matters either.

I’m not really sure what the solution is for Microsoft. I don’t even know if good marketing will really help. What good is having good third party games and exclusives if most of your audience won’t embrace and support them? The future should be very interesting.

I would expect an 80% split in favour of PS for games like final fantasy but not resident evil and hitman. No wonder sony are finding it easy to make deals for 3rd party exclusives. They dont miss out on much by skipping xbox as majority of copies are sold on playstation anyway. Mindshare for 3rd party games is a big deal. they are now by default system sellers for playstation more than they are for xbox.

oagboghi2

Again nobody has said it has no effect on retail, since Gamepass is a digital service, it’s likely to push people more towards digital and away from retail, as they use it and get more comfortable with it.

Overall sales aren't affected by whether a person chooses to buy a game digitally or physically though.
:messenger_tears_of_joy: yeah sure, dude. You should be a lawyer for Disney with takes gthat disingenious

It is not. We are in a pandemic.

People wont spend 60$ like in 2019.

1st month is those who have money. Not to mention, the game had 4m overall on all platforms. xbx1/xseries/ps4/ps5/stadia/pc.

Now tell me, how many physical copies copies in that is UK?

UPDATE 14/05/21: According to Japan-based analyst and investment adviser David Gibson, Resident Evil Village also sold some 150,000 units digitally in Japan, for around 300,000 copies in total.
https://www.capcom.co.jp/ir/english/data/pdf/annual/2020/annual_2020_01.pdf

For the fiscal year ending March 2020, Capcom shipped 3.3 million units of software for PS4, 1.15 million units of packaged software for Switch and 300 thousand units of packaged software for Xbox One. I’m sure those type of statistics carried over into 2021.

Even before the pandemic, games were selling better on PlayStation and Nintendo and the charts proved it digital and physical. The pandemic helped with digital sales for both consoles, but even if digital isn’t counted I doubt it made a substantial difference in overall sales for Xbox compared to the competition.

Last edited:

kingfey

Banned
https://www.capcom.co.jp/ir/english/data/pdf/annual/2020/annual_2020_01.pdf

For the fiscal year ending March 2020, Capcom shipped 3.3 million units of software for PS4, 1.15 million units of packaged software for Switch and 300 thousand units of packaged software for Xbox One. I’m sure those type of statistics carried over into 2021.

Even before the pandemic, games were selling better on PlayStation and Nintendo and the charts proved it digital and physical. The pandemic helped with digital sales for both consoles, but even if digital isn’t counted I doubt it made a substantial difference in overall sales for Xbox compared to the competition.
It missed the sales target, selling only 1.4 million copies as of March 31, 2016. As of September 30, 2020, its accumulated sales reached 5.0 million, making it the 2nd best selling Street Fighter game on home consoles according to Capcom's Platinum fiscal report.

When games like this exist, Yes playstation would have more sales.

Even without that, they would have it, due to numbers.

Xbox doesnt exist much in Japan, where most Capcom games sells.

UPDATE 14/05/21: According to Japan-based analyst and investment adviser David Gibson, Resident Evil Village also sold some 150,000 units digitally in Japan, for around 300,000 copies in total.

This is numbers xbox wont get it, since it doesnt have a market share in japan.

Its why total sales is useless. As long as playstation has 2.1, it would have edge over xbox. Its not that Xbox is selling bad,. Its that it doesnt have the same players as playstation.

Other factor people ignore is worldwide. Xbox isnt on certain areas where playstation exist.

Banjo64

cumsessed
Played an hour on this last night.

Beat the first boss, died after.

So are there any checkpoints or level select at all in this game or do you have to keep levelling up your stats etc until you can do the entire thing in 1 run?

GHG

Gold Member
Played an hour on this last night.

Beat the first boss, died after.

So are there any checkpoints or level select at all in this game or do you have to keep levelling up your stats etc until you can do the entire thing in 1 run?

Single run, pretty standard for rogue like games.

If you're struggling prioritise unlocking death defiance at the mirror.

But to be honest an hour is nothing. I'd say it takes ~50+ hours to see everything in the game.

Last edited:

Banjo64

cumsessed
Single run, pretty standard for rogue like games.

If you're struggling prioritise unlocking death defiance at the mirror.
Cheers GHG, I unlocked the first tier of death defiance last night and also the second tier of Chthonic Vitality. I liked what I played, unlocked the Spear and Shield but I think I prefer the Bow. Going to go again tonight after work.

Reactions: GHG

GHG

Gold Member
Cheers GHG, I unlocked the first tier of death defiance last night and also the second tier of Chthonic Vitality. I liked what I played, unlocked the Spear and Shield but I think I prefer the Bow. Going to go again tonight after work.

Yeh for your first bunch of runs just experiment with all the various weapons and boons you come across to figure out what everything does and how they synergise. I'd say your first 10 runs will be "discovery" runs where you're just figuring out what everything is and how to deal with the various enemies, then you'll be in a better position to make judgements based on your preferred playstyle.

EDMIX

Why the fuck would you buy physical when they give you 20% off the digital?

I wouldn't, but I get why many would

This type game I'd want to own physically, thats just me btw. I heard great things by many on here that I trust with such views, that being said....lots of games I'm ok with digital if its a DEEP sale, but most titles if I really want to have it in a collection, I'd just want a physical version, regardless of the discount on digital.

Are these not xbox users? As long as they can play xbox games day1, they will be xbox users
If you're not playing on Xbox, you're not using Xbox, so you're not an Xbox user. You create an Xbox account to play Minecraft on Switch now. I guess we should just count all those Switch consoles sold as Xbox consoles too?

I'll miss your nonsense posts, since you banned yourself, then tried to make another alt.

And don't think we aren't onto you Mr. Afro Republican/Voost Kain.

Last edited:

real1

This was my first "roguelite" game ever and I was addicted. I 100% all achievements. It does deserve to be up there with all GOTY or maybe GOTG? contenders.

Stuart360

If you're not playing on Xbox, you're not using Xbox, so you're not an Xbox user. You create an Xbox account to play Minecraft on Switch now. I guess we should just count all those Switch consoles sold as Xbox consoles too?
What?, of course they are Xbox users. You dont count Switch or PC hardware as Xbox hardware, but they are Xbox users. Playing Xbox games on PC is no different than on the console. You still need Xbox Live, or a Microsoft account for Gamepass, etc. Its no different than on the Xbox console itself. Xbox is a service now, just as much as it is a console. I know many of you dont want to accept that because of your silly console sales warz, but its still true.

Top Bottom