• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hades - PS5 4K 60FPS Gameplay

rubhen925

The game launches on consoles this week. I got a chance to check it out early on the PS5, thanks to the publisher. Here's some info:

- 24.99$ for Digital, and 29.99$ for Physical. In USD
- Install size on PS5 is 7.97GB
- PR claims PS5, Xbox Series X & S target 4K 60FPS
- Xbox One & PS4 versions run at 1080p 60FPS, no mention about the xbox one x and ps4 pro
- No HDR options on any of the versions. I just have HDR on when playing on my TV, so just recorded with it being on. Color does look a bit more vibrant on my TV, but that will vary for everyone depending on their HDR settings.
- features enhanced controller vibration and lighting on the PlayStation 5 DualSense controller (vibrations sure, didn't notice too much about the lighting honestly)
- PS4 version upgrades for free to PS5 if you have a PS5, and Xbox One version automatically does smart delivery for Xbox Series X & S versions
- Personally after playing the game, I've noticed smooth gameplay in 4K, 60FPS and didn't notice any drops at all.
- Game loads pretty quick, so no issues there and well optimized.

If there's anything else I'll add it to the thread.

Withnail

The game launches on consoles this week. I got a chance to check it out early on the PS5, thanks to the publisher. Here's some info:

- Xbox One & PS4 versions run at 1080p 60FPS, no mention about the xbox one x and ps4 pro
- No HDR options on any of the versions. I just have HDR on when playing on my TV, so just recorded with it being on. Color does look a bit more vibrant on my TV, but that will vary for everyone depending on their HDR settings.
- features enhanced controller vibration and lighting on the PlayStation 5 DualSense controller (vibrations sure, didn't notice too much about the lighting honestly)
- PS4 version upgrades for free to PS5 if you have a PS5, and Xbox One version automatically does smart delivery for Xbox Series X & S versions
- Personally after playing the game, I've noticed smooth gameplay in 4K, 60FPS and didn't notice any drops at all.

Did the publisher ask you to make this thread in return for getting it early?

rubhen925

Did the publisher ask you to make this thread in return for getting it early?
nope. They sent a code because I asked for a review code. The threads I make are of my own volition to show off the gameplay, and to pass on some info in the forums. Not many people either know it's releasing or the game's features etc. Just something to enlighten them. And even if they paid me I wouldn't do it. Similar to most of the other threads I've made I usually get the game on NZ launch myself and make a post about it. This time it happens that they luckily sent the code early.

Heisenberg007

Gold Journalism

Thank you. How did you like the DualSense implementation? That's the only thing I want to know more about before I pre-order it, as I have already played and finished the game on PC.

How is the haptic feedback? Is there any implementation for adaptive triggers for different weapons etc.?

Con-Z-epT

Live from NeoGAF, it's Friday Night!
Thanks for the insight!

Friday can't come soon enough. I have it already pre-ordered.

The most important question to me would be if you like it overall?

Reallink

Isn't this 1080p/60 on docked Switch? How could they possibly not manage 120Hz on SX/PS5? Is there some weird game logic or animations being tied to 60FPS?

Last edited:

rubhen925

Thank you. How did you like the DualSense implementation? That's the only thing I want to know more about before I pre-order it, as I have already played and finished the game on PC.

How is the haptic feedback? Is there any implementation for adaptive triggers for different weapons etc.?
Honestly, there's not much haptic implementations. It has enhanced vibrations but that's it. The game doesn't use the triggers and bumpers much during combat, so it's mostly the face buttons. You'll feel a vibration or two when hitting enemies, but don't expect it be like Demon's Souls Remake lol.

Thanks for the insight!

Friday can't come soon enough. I have it already pre-ordered.

The most important question to me would be if you like it overall?
I'm a sucker for rogue lite games, my faves being rogue legacy and dead cells. This game has been quite enjoyable so far. I can definitely see myself doing a run or two each day till I beat it :)

Con-Z-epT

Live from NeoGAF, it's Friday Night!
I'm a sucker for rogue lite games, my faves being rogue legacy and dead cells. This game has been quite enjoyable so far. I can definitely see myself doing a run or two each day till I beat it :)
Exactly what i wanted to hear! :messenger_sunglasses: Now the wait will feel even longer. :messenger_grinning_sweat: Thanks again!

Heisenberg007

Gold Journalism
Honestly, there's not much haptic implementations. It has enhanced vibrations but that's it. The game doesn't use the triggers and bumpers much during combat, so it's mostly the face buttons. You'll feel a vibration or two when hitting enemies, but don't expect it be like Demon's Souls Remake lol.
Damn. DualSense would be perfect for this game.

Anyway, I'm still buying it on day one. I loved playing it last year and always wanted to play on the PS5 and a bigger screen. Also, Supergiant deserves support for this fantastic game. Platinum trophy, here I come!

Isn't this 1080p/60 on docked Switch? How could they possibly not manage 120Hz on SX/PS5? Is there some weird game logic or animations being tied to 60FPS?
Even on PC there wasn't native support above 60fps. V-sync locked it there. I had to disable v-sync and set a frame cap in the Nvidia Control Panel to get it to run right. In short, easily possible, but it seems like it's not a priority for these devs on any platform. Which is a shame, it's glorious to behold at high fps.

TexMex

Thanks, have this on PC and Switch, and ready to load on my PS5. Looking forward to Thursday night.

MDSLKTR

Still looks absolutely archaic compared to something like Returnal.
9nMhqTL.jpg

RSJfxpV.jpg

Quack

Reallink

Even on PC there wasn't native support above 60fps. V-sync locked it there. I had to disable v-sync and set a frame cap in the Nvidia Control Panel to get it to run right. In short, easily possible, but it seems like it's not a priority for these devs on any platform. Which is a shame, it's glorious to behold at high fps.
So lazy or technically incompetent devs confirmed then. Resources ceases to be a valid excuse when you sell 2 milllion(?) copies and take Epic Game Store and Gamepass money hats on top of it.

Last edited:

Banjo64

cumsessed
Anyone got any clue why the Series S is targeting 4k 60fps, same as X/PS5, and the bigger consoles aren’t hitting 120fps @ 4k? Or is that a typo OP?

D

Deleted member 17706

Unconfirmed Member
I was never a huge fan of Supergiant's games in the past, but this one was absolutely fantastic. I sunk dozens of hours into it on Switch and am looking forward to playing it again on PC.

rubhen925

Anyone got any clue why the Series S is targeting 4k 60fps, same as X/PS5, and the bigger consoles aren’t hitting 120fps @ 4k? Or is that a typo OP?
I was confused with that as well and confirmed with my PR. That's the info Supergiant gave them. I highly doubt that Series S will be stable, but we will have to wait for analysis

GametimeUK

I was hoping for 120fps on console. 4K 120fps would have been amazing, but I'd still settle for a lower resolution.

Last edited:

Rikkori

This game really benefits from 120 fps, it's a shame they didn't do that instead, it's totally doable on that hardware. Not as much difference between 4K & QHD due to the way they did the art.

Wondering if the NZ trick will work for this on Xbox.

Edit: according to someone on Reddit, yes, you actually play now on Xbox by switching your region to New Zealand.

Last edited:

Duchess

24.99$ for Digital, and 29.99$ for Physical. In USD
This is one of the few times when the digital game launches cheaper than the physical copy.

£19.99 vs £24.99 in the UK.

I don't expect it to last, however. By the time I get around to the game, Amazon will likely be pawning the disc for £15.

Duchess

Just been reading about the God Mode setting in this game.

I've always thought that those kinds of difficulty adjustments are best, as it helps to balance things out a bit. Exploitable by simply getting yourself killed a lot, but that would be a really crap way to play a game.

So what does this game do so well in the roguelike (lite?) Genre?

See it praised all the time.
  • Solid gameplay with a ton of depth. Controls are far better than previous games by this studio.
  • Tons of variety in power ups, weapons, weapon upgrades, build variety
  • The most permanent progression ever in a roguelite. Every single run you do, even if you fail - will count towards something. You will get new story, and multiple currencies for permanent level ups.
  • The best story in a roguelike ever. The game is actually correctly telling a story that fits in this gameplay genre (you're in hell).
  • Huge amount of story content. I didn't hear a single line of repeating dialogue for over 110 hours. Literally. The game also has some of the best voice acting performances ever. Combined with the artwork, all the characters are memorable and likeable.
  • In depth endgame content. The unlockable options and difficulty options just keep going. I played 150 hours and didn't max out everything. I didn't even completely max out the story, but I came very close. Only missing a few character stories.
  • It's a punishing game, but when you actually analyze the gameplay design - it's the most forgiving roguelike ever made. It's designed to reward the player even on failure with likeable characters, and more story, and meaningful stat progression.
  • Absolutely fantastic graphics and artwork (the music is okay, not amazing).

The game is highly recommended. Easily the best roguelike ever made, and will appeal to people who usually hate the genre if they give it a chance.

anthony2690

Banned
I pre-ordered this on Amazon, but it has delivery down as the 18th, despite release being tomorrow :/

Noticed all my preorders have delivery dates after release dates :(

Please don't fail me Amazon, or I'll have to order elsewhere in the future.

Edit: game had literally just been dispatched, can't wait, even though I'll play it on game pass anyway lol

Last edited:
I pre-ordered this on Amazon, but it has delivery down as the 18th, despite release being tomorrow :/

Noticed all my preorders have delivery dates after release dates :(

Please don't fail me Amazon, or I'll have to order elsewhere in the future.
I switched to Best Buy a while ago. I like giving my money to someone else besides Amazon. Best Buy actually pays other companies to deliver the mail too. And they're usually on time (but they're not completely 100% perfect either).

Walmart actually isn't bad either.

Top Bottom