• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hacker Lance McDonald Gets Bloodborne Running at 60fps on PlayStation 5

skneogaf

Lance Mcdonald, the guy that was able to get bloodborne at pretty much 60fps on the ps4pro at 720p has posted this video of bloodborne on a ps5 at 1080p 60fps!

He's not explained how yet but damn... I want! 😍

A developer with a ps5 developers kit has used lances bloodborne version to do this before but not on a actual ps5.

Sleepwalker

Lance Mcdonald, the guy that was able to get bloodborne at pretty much 60fps on the ps4pro at 720p has posted this video of bloodborne on a ps5 at 1080p 60fps!

He's not explained how yet but damn... I want! 😍

A developer with a ps5 developers kit has used lances bloodborne version to do this before but not on a actual ps5.

The PS5 has already been jailbroken for a while now, its just not something thats widely available. I suppose he got a hold of a jailbroken one and managed to run his modified version of BB.

Deerock71

WHERE THE 120 FPS HOS AT?
The Other Guys GIF by hero0fwar

Rickyiez

I wonder how is the input lag and frame pacing . The biggest problem with Bloodborne is not 30FPS , it's the bad frame pacing .

That said , if one person is able to make this happens , it's really a proof that Sony Studio is rather incompetent .

Soodanim

Gold Member
I neither have a PS5, not enjoy Souls games, but the abject failure of Sony to capitalize on this can only be described as a 'Nintendo-Tier' decision. It's one of the easiest layups in recent videogame history, why is Sony acting like they don't want a shit-ton of money?
It's such an obvious choice for a port to more powerful hardware that there must be something we are missing. Some massive reason to not port it or even just a PS5 patch.

We're in a post-Elden Ring world where Souls gameplay is accepted by the mainstream, so there's absolutely no risk of failure - even less than there was before.

skneogaf

I posted this as was falling asleep so I didn't even think about the title being click bait.

I seem to be awful at maths as I see so many people say they love bloodborne and would kill for such a patch yet I'm reminded that the game didn't sell that well.

The game is arguably the best game ever.

Last edited:

SJRB

Gold Member
200w.gif

Got my heart racing for just a moment there when reading that title. You have made a powerful enemy today.

This actually looks impressive from a graphical standpoint.

A remaster with resolution and textures bumped up, + other visual refinements and it'll hold up well against some of the recent releases in the past 3 years.

Drizzlehell

Banned
Funny to think that Sony said they couldn't make heads or tails of that engine without FromSoft's assistance, and here we are, with just some guy doing it all by himself, lol.

The only conclusion is that Sony doesn't care and it was just a lazy excuse, because I don't believe they wouldn't be able to pull this off with a team of engineers.

Ar¢tos

Bloodborne has a 92 metacritic.
If Sony wants another easy 90+ title they just need to let Bluepoint remaster it. A bit more shine in the graphics, solid 4k60, charge 40$ for it and it will sell a lot.
I guess Sony only likes money from GAAS nowadays.

ToTTenTranz

Banned
If Sony wants another easy 90+ title they just need to let Bluepoint remaster it. A bit more shine in the graphics, solid 4k60, charge 40$ for it and it will sell a lot.
Remasters of old games (Bloodborne is >8 years old) never sold particularly well, and Bluepoint hasn't been in the business of doing remasters for a while.

Unless you meant a remake.

1080p = full resolution? :messenger_tears_of_joy:
60fps only? :messenger_fearful:

This game should have a version where it's running 4K 120fps minimum.

Maybe Sony will finally remember Bloodborne exists in time for PS6. It's one of the best games ever made and it's left to rot on Playstation.

Tsaki

Sony is definitely doing a full remake in 2028 with PS6 launch. 4K60FPS, actual stable frame pacing, actually good anti-aliasing (god it sucks on the base game), instant loading times are a must, RT Global Illumination/AO/Shadows and the most important: PUT HIGH REZ TEXTURES. The textures in this game are some of the worst of the PS4 generation. Maybe they could fit some cut bosses from the game into the labyrinths.

deriks

4-Time GIF/Meme God
Didn't we see this before? Oh, yeah. We did!

It's weird that some stuff are getting revealed after the reveal. It's this, the MGS 4 on X360, Among Us becoming a thing like four years later

I wonder if is just me that finds this weird or it's just collective internet's Alzheimer

I hope this will happen and I will have a chance to play the game some day. Can't see myself playing the original anymore so a remake like Demon Souls would be cool.

Darius87

I really like bloodborne and have platinum but i don't get obsession to the point of making unofficial mods on console just for better fps where no one can play or begging to release on pc like 8 year now. it's not worth even remaking it's not going to look that much better if it's remade.

Aside from Resolution and FPS, can they add a new AA solution and things like AF? I remember the guy removing chromatic aberration and film grain as well for his 720p 60FPS PS4 version of bloodborne.

Top Bottom