• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

[GVMERS] Abandoned by Rockstar - The Tragedy of Red Dead Online

ACESHIGH

Banned
Looking forward for an EGS giveaway to hop into RDR Online. They did it with GTA V, maybe they can squeeze the last drop out of this game that way.

Doom85

Rockstar has taken over development on Abandoned?!

holy shit GIF

Kilau

Gold Member
I tried to get into it but it’s just awful. Slow and bad mission design, coupled with the threat of griefers that have spent thousands of hours online and live to ruin your day. Fuck it.

Filben

that's not abandoned. Anyone who tried to play TF2 on official servers knows what abandoned is really like: bots and cheaters taking over and make it literally unplayable, instant sniping or vote kicking you, stealing your user name, spam highly questionable website links in chat etc. It was literally taking over by bots and cheaters and was abandoned by Valve.

nobody has really figured out how to do one of these games online yet. It always just devolves into the part of the population who are running on their last two braincells, griefing other players.

I actually recently got into Red Dead Online and it has some elements of greatness. Character creator is pretty decent. Theres really good gear and clothing u can get. The roles give you some direction. It just needed more. The economy will always be a problem because Rockstar wants to make billions off of it. So u kill someone and loot their body u literally get like 8cents. But a gun will cost $4,000. Its out of whack. Another big issue is u get the open world of RDR2.....but its just not as alive. There are still some world events. But its just a lot less exciting.

Drizzlehell

Banned
Didn't have the time to watch the video yet but I'm gonna have a wild guess that it's Rockstar's avarice is what killed it because they immediately wanted another GTA Online and start making millions off of it 2 days after release, without realizing that it took GTA Online years before it got to a point where it was making that kind of money.

Add to that the fact that you can't fly on jet bikes in Red Dead Online and yeah, I can see why no one wants to play a boring cowboy game as much as the Griefing and Stupid Costume Simulator 2022.

Last edited:

Certinty

I think the single player side is by far the best video game ever created, it’s not even close.

But yeah, I couldn’t even last a few hours on the online side.

Top Bottom