• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gundam Extreme VS Full Boost |OT| 3x Better Than Your Favorite Fighting/Mecha game

Hey, so The Premium Sound edition is on Amazon for about as much as 'The Best" version is on other websites. I wanted to know if the codes that came with a new copy for the online pass and for the extra music are still valid, or if they had a expiration date that I've already missed. Or should I just wait for Maxi Boost to come to consoles? Cheers

Nightingale MB gameplay: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MZOYqzwZam4

Hey, so The Premium Sound edition is on Amazon for about as much as 'The Best" version is on other websites. I wanted to know if the codes that came with a new copy for the online pass and for the extra music are still valid, or if they had a expiration date that I've already missed. Or should I just wait for Maxi Boost to come to consoles? Cheers

They should still be valid. I'm gonna say maybe wait until TGS to find out if Maxi Boost is coming.

am_dragon

I've put off getting a Gundam Vs. game for too long. Is it worth buying the $20 "The Best" version? (I just noticed this existed). I'd like to pick up full boost but and I saw there are couple versions. Is the Premium Sound version the way to go?

What is a good price for the game, it's $52 for the premium sound version on Amazon, is that the best way to go? Honestly I don't really plan on playing online, I'm just a huge fan of Gundam, and mech art in general. As far as the DLC goes, how big of a pain is it to purchase and download on a US system?

Shun

I've put off getting a Gundam Vs. game for too long. Is it worth buying the $20 "The Best" version? (I just noticed this existed). I'd like to pick up full boost but and I saw there are couple versions. Is the Premium Sound version the way to go?

What is a good price for the game, it's $52 for the premium sound version on Amazon, is that the best way to go? Honestly I don't really plan on playing online, I'm just a huge fan of Gundam, and mech art in general. As far as the DLC goes, how big of a pain is it to purchase and download on a US system?

At this point get The Best version because that one comes with the most value out of the physical disc option. Though I would recommend getting Digital from SEN store because that has most value.

~¥4000, The Best comes with an online pass and the EX-S DLC, which was previously only for first print copies. Downside, if it is one, is that it comes with a box with "The Best" branded on it.

Digital is also best value because of summer promo right now it is ¥4000 and it comes with the online pass, EX-S DLC, and it comes with Unicorn DLC.

Premium Sound G just comes with extra songs and the online pass, unless you're lucky you probably won't get a copy of EX-S and by now those codes might be expired. The Best version for sure comes with EX-S. Even then you can import and use your own music so the G Sound is pretty much a waste of money outside of the best box tho.

Standard is just the game with online pass that's it. Worst value.

DLC is easy if you have access to JCB credit card or if you have a SoftBank or docomo account. If not, you'll have to go get a prepaid card and code to buy DLC which is fairly easy online. I don't think the SEN store allows Suica payments yet, I know Nintendo does now.

Make sure you figure out whether or not the copy you get is the JP or the Asian version. All Japanese versions will have CERO B on the box.

You shouldn't be spending more than ¥3800+tax and shipping. There's currently a promo where you can buy DLC suits in packs for reduce price so you're in luck. Usually DLC costs ¥514 for new suits, ¥411 for clone suits.

am_dragon

At this point get The Best version because that one comes with the most value out of the physical disc option. Though I would recommend getting Digital from SEN store because that has most value.

~¥4000, The Best comes with an online pass and the EX-S DLC, which was previously only for first print copies. Downside, if it is one, is that it comes with a box with "The Best" branded on it.

Digital is also best value because of summer promo right now it is ¥4000 and it comes with the online pass, EX-S DLC, and it comes with Unicorn DLC.

Premium Sound G just comes with extra songs and the online pass, unless you're lucky you probably won't get a copy of EX-S and by now those codes might be expired. The Best version for sure comes with EX-S. Even then you can import and use your own music so the G Sound is pretty much a waste of money outside of the best box tho.

Standard is just the game with online pass that's it. Worst value.

DLC is easy if you have access to JCB credit card or if you have a SoftBank or docomo account. If not, you'll have to go get a prepaid card and code to buy DLC which is fairly easy online. I don't think the SEN store allows Suica payments yet, I know Nintendo does now.

Make sure you figure out whether or not the copy you get is the JP or the Asian version. All Japanese versions will have CERO B on the box.

You shouldn't be spending more than ¥3800+tax and shipping. There's currently a promo where you can buy DLC suits in packs for reduce price so you're in luck. Usually DLC costs ¥514 for new suits, ¥411 for clone suits.

OK I'm assuming SEN = the jp psn store, and that there is a "The Best" version of Full Boost? (ok just looked again and there is) I was talking about "The Best" version of the previous game, not full boost. So now I see "The Best" Full Boost for $49 I guess that's the way to go.

Is the older game worth $20, or should I just get full boost?

I created a Japanese PSN account but I'm having trouble locating the Digital version of the game, I can fine the DLC just fine but not the game itself, any tips? I'd have to get cards online as I don't have any of the accounts you listed, that doesn't seem like a big problem though. Thanks for the help.

Shun

OK I'm assuming SEN = the jp psn store, and that there is a "The Best" version of Full Boost? (ok just looked again and there is) I was talking about "The Best" version of the previous game, not full boost. So now I see "The Best" Full Boost for $49 I guess that's the way to go.

Is the older game worth $20, or should I just get full boost?

I created a Japanese PSN account but I'm having trouble locating the Digital version of the game, I can fine the DLC just fine but not the game itself, any tips? I'd have to get cards online as I don't have any of the accounts you listed, that doesn't seem like a big problem though. Thanks for the help.

Just get Full Boost, that's what everyone's playing and the number of suits and support it gets from Bannam is ridiculous.

Digital copy of EXVSFB. It's the cheapest option and comes with the most benefits.

Shouta

Yeah get Full Boost as that has tons of suits and is the most recent version. NA folks are playing it as there's been no announcement for Maxi yet.

am_dragon

Awesome thanks again. It looks like I can get a PSN card with email delivery and be playing this sometime tomorrow. I wouldn't mind a retail box but I'm spoiled with digital games anyway. I'll worry about physical media for the next one.

So how much extra should I get, is there must have DLC? I'm a huge fan of UC Gundam, and I like the 00 stuff too.

Shun

Awesome thanks again. It looks like I can get a PSN card with email delivery and be playing this sometime tomorrow. I wouldn't mind a retail box but I'm spoiled with digital games anyway. I'll worry about physical media for the next one.

So how much extra should I get, is there must have DLC? I'm a huge fan of UC Gundam, and I like the 00 stuff too.

I'd honestly buy all the unique ones that cost ¥514 just because it's fun and it's worth it, especially with the DLC packs. The ¥514 suits are unique while the ¥410 suits are cost variations of suits already in the game so you should know which to prioritize. Must gets are FAUC, Norn, ReGZ for UC fan.

Either way just go throw away ¥¥¥ for DLC and join the group of people here that play. People play online every day.

Parakeetman

No one wants a throne you've been sitting on!
Yeah get Full Boost as that has tons of suits and is the most recent version. NA folks are playing it as there's been no announcement for Maxi yet.

So hoping something gets announced at TGS. D: Though wont hold my breath.

am_dragon

I'd honestly buy all the unique ones that cost ¥514 just because it's fun and it's worth it, especially with the DLC packs. The ¥514 suits are unique while the ¥410 suits are cost variations of suits already in the game so you should know which to prioritize. Must gets are FAUC, Norn, ReGZ for UC fan.

Either way just go throw away ¥¥¥ for DLC and join the group of people here that play. People play online every day.

Thanks for all the help. I went back a page and saw folks using Solaris Japan Cards for the PSN points, ordered 5000 points. I got the code this morning and used your link above to buy the game and Char's suit. It's downloading now. Time to dust off my fight stick.

I was overly concerned about importing, or even worse buying points, and downloading from the Japanese store. That is the main reason I've put off buying this game for so long. Logging in to the JP Store on PC was so much better thanks to Google Translate. The purchase was painless. I'm seriously considering buying puyo puyo tetris this way too.

Hopefully I'll see y'all online shortly.

X05

Upside, inside out he's livin la vida loca, He'll push and pull you down, livin la vida loca
So for some reason I decided to start FB Mission Mode again, still pretty stupid that you can't distribute points among units :(
Also the FA Unicorn is so hilariously broken for this mode
I guess it is for PvP too but I suck so I'll never use it there

Man, how much does all the combined DLC for this game cost now?
Well, it is cheaper than all of this DLC at least!

Thanks for all the help. I went back a page and saw folks using Solaris Japan Cards for the PSN points, ordered 5000 points. I got the code this morning and used your link above to buy the game and Char's suit. It's downloading now. Time to dust off my fight stick.

I was overly concerned about importing, or even worse buying points, and downloading from the Japanese store. That is the main reason I've put off buying this game for so long. Logging in to the JP Store on PC was so much better thanks to Google Translate. The purchase was painless. I'm seriously considering buying puyo puyo tetris this way too.

Hopefully I'll see y'all online shortly.
Hope you enjoy the game, it's really really fun :D
Also lol, it's 5000¥ (actual money), not points :p

Nightingale MB gameplay: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MZOYqzwZam4

They should still be valid. I'm gonna say maybe wait until TGS to find out if Maxi Boost is coming.

Thanks. I hate that the PSN version that's on sale ends before TGS. I don't "need" it right now so I'll wait, but with the recent(?) announcement of that F2P Gundam game, it makes me wonder about a Maxi console release, even though it really shouldn't affect it.

There is no reason to launch it as F2P and compete with their already existing F2P model scheme.

They can just build on their FB model. Its half preium/f2p model with a bunch of cosmetic and game items that you can get through playing.

With Maxi they can start as a disc release and then later transition to an entirely F2P model.

There is no reason to launch it as F2P and compete with their already existing F2P model scheme.

They can just build on their FB model. Its half preium/f2p model with a bunch of cosmetic and game items that you can get through playing.

With Maxi they can start as a disc release and then later transition to an entirely F2P model.

I meant why release Maxi on consoles at all after the F2P, but you're right. Just bought it physical, looking forward to finally trying it out.

X05

Upside, inside out he's livin la vida loca, He'll push and pull you down, livin la vida loca
New EXVS game leaded for TGS: Extreme VS "Force"

http://gematsu.com/2015/08/new-gran...reme-vs-force-kamen-rider-battride-war-leaked

Auspicious title. Virtual On: Force killed that series.
lol, it's clearly a pun title, expect to see Faa, Quattro, Quatre and Shinn in the cover.
Yes, I'm aware I'm somewhat reaching with the last two :p

Well we already knew about Force months ago with the trade mark.

The point is if they actually announce it before even porting Maxi to consoles.

Damn Bamco, that's cold. Real cold.

Maxi Boost 4PS4

It's for arcades.
Yup, but I do expect them to announce the home version of EXVSMB as well, since new version + home port have been announced together the last few times, and the leaked logos were all new logos (EXVSMB is not getting a new logo for home release).

Hot damn, I take a break for a few months and the Western crowd changes the meta so now Full Boost is like playing 2v2 tag. My matches are all like 10% fighting, 90% chasing the enemy team. I've never seen so many people trying to fight in green lock.

Also glad to see that trying to play with your teammate as opposed to playing near them is still a concept that eludes many residents of the NA rooms.

Parakeetman

Well we already knew about Force months ago with the trade mark.

The point is if they actually announce it before even porting Maxi to consoles.

Damn Bamco, that's cold. Real cold.

Maxi Boost 4PS4

It's for arcades.

Ill shit a kitten if they actually do an announcement for maxi boost for PS4 at TGS.

Parakeetman

You should get a kitten and a big box of Colon Blow. It would follow their pattern with the last two EVS titles.

wet-cat-big-eyes.jpg

Shun

When's G-Self for FB/MB? We got it for Vita but we need G-Self!

Also when's iDOLM@STER DLC?

Looks good, thought they would go with the red Legilis.

Top Bottom