• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gun nuts of GAF. Family photos, nerdy discussions, homebrew loadings, funstore experiences, etc.

Rest

All these years later I still chuckle at what a fucking moron that guy is.
My only ccw
LC1keY2.jpg
I am still discombobulated by the chicken on your computer. WTF is happening there?

Has anyone seen this horseshit about pistol braces?

On one hand it's a free pass to turn all my "pistols" into SBRs... on the other it means I am telling the ATF how many "pistols" I own. Considering I have two suppressors I guess it's not a big deal.... but fuck the ATF, also.

Couldn't remember if I posted on this thread or another, but here's my CZ Triplets:

SyHG307IXVVg32RjCHuf6dgLKminemjNuuzDMBKKFWfz7-loXTPlECkTV9S67FBzk6lXBPqi-MZg2XenoGJd_1dm5xqsprdSxocF6czHdb8azwVwM9xY15YVq3I0iASGizZGrtvyt4_94vqHbhImT_99fYSVcUMFe5LLFTNE3C4EbFo8WipuSJIxgyTMA7PsZL4B2_pWQxujAHVqJyB_nAV86yO0D98X7kRKB813hWRm7Cq_y-vJr65AOm3JHuGo85HnTTn24oODuSvQig9kxvlQwWOodib99MkkON4AWyLAkFw-FViBirV5-b-0q0wqruoxVTJu_KdqqGpTpwF6we36DCKBJZ6nTftJRD3HZXNEtLWmfZvyqGewovr242ihsUHZ_8toCG2mxexi4Xblp76jwwLuZDpKzNepTE1QSfcl_MOKxMg1QR1KA2w3p_dqvNYWE5fxUwFVOv6p5wn-b4pDZAkl9KUiADhsiCKorjzMRx7y4GIfodzIOY-uj4x4ZWAuFKdUYmDMYaQ5ro9NBAiw704QjUtX6w95KS7xHvx9WqlMuUYpiiqurBnzDeSDBL4ZQQ9wrdLxULy521pTZ-kz59UnsS_SBuGzenaMyZT6DYaHXzMhYcfKgB3L-JEBsd8bl4e8xDfhILMaRoGTdZiHc0eddpmj9uiNOQvVYydukRMQPpO432-niWVT_Zz8WHwuUZtzWfpYYBQNM_M-8klhXoMWp2U0DTN7cI3MtT9HgrxwMNoQpj7CIN9UwulZziQX_22eNQcNSoh3H6UL1EU241lruIwf0x_tVn1bSnXab9cI8xjEMBRnqc-cJMWESQ1OlqDt8eN25orn-WnTiq7ItasE7QrIpZIzLdTm-i8oCQjIystqDB0Sz_a7pQHE3XlGlotL6PlI27BbTWsCCdrTe0b0nrLt8FRsGsvt0kOq4g=w760-h1013-no

One of my personal favorites, 1939 Izhevsk Mosin Nagant (still shoots like a dream):

e7dU3k_0O_Wc_n-SdSoNlFqnxBRkNVPESRD0WtJkW4h8Mh06sdgGsAzKC3X_OjyMfD8K-klsoiZzbefAwpN34jm-7uI7HdGvBvJ73ZjBCiUEoMhMA8GPjKZCQrsTiYTa4RqVNpPpCe15N0M1FCoA43oPKh_K-GhFRNBIrdKVmevyCUrDIdT_khUcANt32WKI1k0d0cfNdASvMinpznMa2R-avZI2Us5ENyg1m-9hEg2rV_33rXSzSEIfsOgFM_JSzewrDrEsE9czLLxhTC-CdRMmga0W6pgUVQfi3AEJ9P04alZkoFTjddtx4GEIoWnKsRtOYtVvpEOra_XmxqqDuU37F_Hci-9LCC2QVB7SpP0w3PvjE7WJY-IHKig5vxhMdDI4aSGR9_wMwx4FKJBT_ZTSm0XzJbp6hQ_izUF2A5OT2SzAt5V_5RwPn2UKg4PFXIewbwg2FENUAlHy5W1ZGKV9hqNumD_XdiNwuTk2hTsa_tS7WaRg9MFc_6Ntx2pXNdPjkcp0oUF7cWycg5EtvXyCyixRQrRp_9btZyQpDHXiti5EZCIe4rqx5fmWw7Vu2DuFHrs-t0HlPoyDF_iI8ssI1-PlW4X_Om1TI_NmcMQrrtWJkCHrxggG1WTvpqZ_GMYkmRBp-QuA6sT_u8KsGcuTpE2TlsEYT1_t3I9s0_LvmbLc_7FojRAhGYmw_vNQ2oDn4BKHMR2NqrJul7bmOdLxEnoLjOU1jOFx-IuV-d6xgAVz-oJaPwODo9gG8xFy4iH5XAywOyQEYo39C01vMl_qpFi8mAVHn86iCg8e6mFMATKaeYXaQdPrKCHnHREwzRzAQl9cScpYa0HTGM_rAJSx3PJlrsPK8j-y5uKFZzQrg4NP4C1RRRY2sPqKY4VrgXRtBO0FoSw4aVBWNciVqsMXCLzMaiNyCKu_mSBb2KWb0w=w1920-h564-no

MrA

Banned
Scored a vintage colt python today, royal blue, 4 in barrel,, amazing condition, for the price of a modern python, need to get it added to my permit but man its a fine gun

TheShocker

Just picked up a Springfield Prodigy 4.25in and a Hex Dragonfly RDS. Sold an older 1911 I had so not a bad trade off for damn near even money out of pocket. Put about 100 rounds through it the other day. My god the 2011 platform is nice. Maybe one day I’ll get a Sticatto. 😂
eaaffqW.jpg

Last edited:

Maiden Voyage

Gold™ Member
I've found a small group to go to the range with once a month so I am stoked. Honestly, the responsibility piece of owning a firearm has been quite rewarding for me.

Finally had a chance to go shooting
Colt python lives up to the hype

75wWbO3.jpg
I got to shoot my first revolver last month and I am sold. I'll definitely be picking one up in the next year or two.

Last edited:

Maiden Voyage

Gold™ Member
Is there an ammo shortage? Not a lot of inventory at my local sporting goods store.

Heading to the range tomorrow so I bought some while getting other supplies.

Xdrive05

Is there an ammo shortage? Not a lot of inventory at my local sporting goods store.

Heading to the range tomorrow so I bought some while getting other supplies.
I’m still finding decent supply at the box stores locally (Indianapolis) and online. I recently ordered a few boxes of .38spl and .357 from Midway USA to finally feed my Dan Wesson. They had a 10% off select items sale. But I know that doesn’t help your range trip tomorrow. Hope you find what you need 👍

Maiden Voyage

Gold™ Member
I’m still finding decent supply at the box stores locally (Indianapolis) and online. I recently ordered a few boxes of .38spl and .357 from Midway USA to finally feed my Dan Wesson. They had a 10% off select items sale. But I know that doesn’t help your range trip tomorrow. Hope you find what you need 👍
I’ve got quite a bit on hand. I’ll just have to keep an eye out when I’m running errands.

Xdrive05

Bumping to add the newest member of the family:

P17-Model-Feature-1.png

Picked it up for $180 new, but that turned into $230 real quick with state taxes and transfer fees, etc. I've been looking for a cheap and light "kit gun" for hiking, backpacking and camping, so that I don't have to expose my $650 Sig P365 rig to the outdoors elements.

I'm VERY impressed with the function and design of this little guy! 16+1 and three magazines, accurate AF with the fixed barrel and adjustable sights, and very reliable so far! Incredible trigger, too. Easy takedown makes maintenance a pleasure. The one handgun I actually appreciate a manual safety on, since I can just stick it in a chest rig loaded and don't have to worry about it that way.

There's a threaded barrel if you're into that thing I guess. Maybe some day I'll go there.

Also scored 1000 rounds of CCI Mini Mag 40gr RN for under $80 shipped, so she will stay fed nicely.

Kupfer

I am thinking about buying a glock 17 gen 5 mos.
Can anyone recommend a slim pistol red dot around 300€?

Kupfer

Holosuns are good budget red dots.

Thanks, a friend of mine got a Holosun, don't ask me which one, on his AR15.
It is quiete okay, but more blurry compared to my Sig Sauer Romeo4S.

I know that quality costs money, but I wouldn't want to spend more than half the purchase price of the gun on an optic.
In the case of the glock (730€) it would be around 350€.
If the Holosun Pistol red dots are also blurry and there are comparatively sharper optics at a similar price, that would be worth a look.
Unfortunately, I don't have any dealers near me who have such optics in stock and you could try them out, and nobody at my ranges shoots with pistol red dots to be able to get a comparison.

EviLore

Expansive Ellipses
Staff Member
Thanks, a friend of mine got a Holosun, don't ask me which one, on his AR15.
It is quiete okay, but more blurry compared to my Sig Sauer Romeo4S.

I know that quality costs money, but I wouldn't want to spend more than half the purchase price of the gun on an optic.
In the case of the glock (730€) it would be around 350€.
If the Holosun Pistol red dots are also blurry and there are comparatively sharper optics at a similar price, that would be worth a look.
Unfortunately, I don't have any dealers near me who have such optics in stock and you could try them out, and nobody at my ranges shoots with pistol red dots to be able to get a comparison.
Yeah, I don’t know if there’s something that fits exactly what you’re looking for. Maybe! Go into RMR price territory and you’re good to go of course. If you want no compromises then that’s usually what it takes.

Eotheod

Have a .223 Ruger and fiance has a LH .223 Savage. Looking at getting an early 1900's Lee Enfield .303 as I have always wanted to own one despite never actually being much of a gun nut in my earlier days. Basically as soon as I moved to outback Australia I have fallen in love with firearms, the joys of firing one at targets or taking out feral pests is just a lot of fun. Plus I can havest feral pests for dog treats which works as well.

Last edited:

Kupfer

Yeah, I don’t know if there’s something that fits exactly what you’re looking for. Maybe! Go into RMR price territory and you’re good to go of course. If you want no compromises then that’s usually what it takes.
An RMR here is like 900€ -1000€, so significantly more expensive than the gun itself.
That's too much for my needs. Would be cool, of course, but since we're not allowed to carry here anyway and the thing is only shot on the range, that would be a bit overkill.
After a bit of research I stumbled across these ones:
The Holosun HS507C-X2 actually seems to be interesting. It costs around 400€ here, but I don't know if you're not paying for bells and whistles that you don't really need - in my case the solar feature. But Holosun offers quite a wide range, I've just seen. The 2 MOA HS507K-X2 is also interesting - I like the recticle and more variation here.
Then there are the Burris FastFire III (~300€) also seems to be a useful entry-level model, even if you apparently have to order special screws for the glock. It is available in 3MOA and 8MOA and the Vortex Viper with 6MOA, which is also priced in this range and looks good at first glance.
The Bushnell RXS 250 - 4 MOA also fits in here.

So there seems to be enough choice in this price segment.
I most often shoot precision at 25, so it would probably be good to choose a red dot with a small dot, so 3 MOA rather than 8 MOA I suppose.

Last edited:
Top Bottom