• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Guitar Hero Live |OT| Not a Band Game

ty_hot

20 Euro is a steal. Get it.

it was just a shitty ad, PS4 version in the picture with small `also available on PC/iPad/xbox...' in the side. Then you go on the site and the one for 20 euros is the Ipad version, the others are 45 euros (still good comparing with launch, but I already a big backlog so I will wait some more time).

RodzTF

Thinking about picking this up. Seems to have hit a solid £35 price point now.

How many of you are still actively playing this?

Have there been improvements since launch?

Is there still a good influx of content? How much of it is free? I see these setlists/shows around with a few songs each, do these stick around or available for a limited time?

Finally, I remember there being negativity about the token system and having to use tokens each time to play a song, can anyone comment on that mechanic currently?

Thanks!

Dural

The Guitar Hero Live Supreme Party Edition is only $50 on BF and includes two controllers. Is it any different than the game released last year, it says over 500 songs but I'm assuming that means with GHTV? Anyone know if all 500+ songs can be chosen from individually?

The Guitar Hero Live Supreme Party Edition is only $50 on BF and includes two controllers. Is it any different than the game released last year, it says over 500 songs but I'm assuming that means with GHTV? Anyone know if all 500+ songs can be chosen from individually?
Surely it means they are only from GHTV sincw GH Live has far fewer than that. You can play songs on demand but you have to use in game credits you earn from leveling up, or pay some real money.

Dural

Yeah, that's what I figured. Was hoping they had them all available without using credits. I'm still probably gonna get it for my kids since they would have been too young, or not born, when I was playing it on 360.

Yeah, that's what I figured. Was hoping they had them all available without using credits. I'm still probably gonna get it for my kids since they would have been too young, or not born, when I was playing it on 360.
Well don't forget you can play along with whatever songs are on the two channels for as long as you want for free.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
wow, they are still supporting the game
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_o...itar_Hero_Live

list of songs is huge

I hope they bring some even cheaper prices during Black Friday

btw, is there any compatibility between RB and GH guitars/games in the PS4?
Not with the new game, since the guitar is completely different.

I'm surprised it's sitll being supported as well, considering they laid off some people. I still wouldn't mind buying an expansion for the fake band mode stuff, it's pretty fun if you just get into it. lol

So I stopped playing this game cause after not playing for a week after launch my calibration went bad I couldn't get it correct again. I need to try and fix it and play again. I loved the FMV section and enjoyed GHTV.

Also seeing that song list and seeing a Taylor Swift song even though it isn't out yet made me excited but I bet those songs have been there forever :(. How does this or Rock Band not have some of her older country songs!

llehuty

Just got the Wii U version with a guitar for 10€. I don't like the direction this entry took, but 10€ is a bargain. I guess I could end up earning money if I decide to sell the guitar if I'm not satisfied.

ty_hot

got the game today for 13 euros (ps4 version, game ES), all versios are this price btw

the guitar is great, having two rows really makes it feel much more like a guitar but omg, this shit is difficult. On level 3 (forgot the name) i get 94-99%, then when I move to level 4... 50-60%

dLMN8R

I just picked up this game for $25 over Black Friday and am really enjoying it! I bought it with the understanding that they could kill the online stuff at any time, but hopefully they don't...

Is the Live portion ever updated? It seems like that would be difficult and unlikely since it would require them recording new FMVs and such. So I'm guessing that they only ever update the GHTV side of things?

When they do update GHTV, are there ever songs that are not included in the On-Demand library you can play with credits? Meaning songs which you have to be lucky to catch while they're streaming live?

Also, it seems like the filters and leaderboards are broken? The leaderboards never appear for me on Xbox One, and when I try to sort by "most recent" it still stays alphabetical.

dLMN8R

I just picked up this game for $25 over Black Friday and am really enjoying it! I bought it with the understanding that they could kill the online stuff at any time, but hopefully they don't...

Is the Live portion ever updated? It seems like that would be difficult and unlikely since it would require them recording new FMVs and such. So I'm guessing that they only ever update the GHTV side of things?

When they do update GHTV, are there ever songs that are not included in the On-Demand library you can play with credits? Meaning songs which you have to be lucky to catch while they're streaming live?

Also, it seems like the filters and leaderboards are broken? The leaderboards never appear for me on Xbox One, and when I try to sort by "most recent" it still stays alphabetical.
Anyone know the answers?

Live is never updated and yeah only GHTV sees new videos/songs added.

GHTV is updated every Tuesday if I remember correctly(I haven't played in months).You can play everything with credits.

Don't know about leaderboards/filters since I never really used them.

dLMN8R

Live is never updated and yeah only GHTV sees new videos/songs added.

GHTV is updated every Tuesday if I remember correctly(I haven't played in months).You can play everything with credits.

Don't know about leaderboards/filters since I never really used them.

So every track included in the real-time GHTV playlists is also later accessible with credits? For some reason I thought that some songs in the live playlists aren't available on-demand later.

dLMN8R

Well it looks like my guitar is busted and I need to get a replacement. Has an issue I've seen many others report where down-strums are often being counted twice, which just completely destroys combos.

I found a bunch of supposed fixes online - making sure you turn off other wireless devices which could interfere, opening up the device and tightening the screws - but I tried those and they didn't work.

Hopefully can exchange it no issues!

If anybody is interested in buying this game, it's on sale for less than $20 at Sam's Club. I just bought it, and I'm enjoying the Hell out of it. It's my first GH, but I'm surprised at the amount of pop and indie songs. And having no Muse or Queens of the Stone Age is a huge letdown, because I thought Muse was in a previous version.

ty_hot

So every track included in the real-time GHTV playlists is also later accessible with credits? For some reason I thought that some songs in the live playlists aren't available on-demand later.
you can play the live ones in the live mode, they don't cost any credit...

LakeEarth

Bought it, I enjoy learning how to use the new guitar controller. Still have problems telling if a chord is black/white or white/black, and when a song quickly alternates between black and white notes, I'm helpless. That's a problem I need to solve though.

They screwed up on the design for hammer-on and pull-offs. They shine blue, but so do the notes that "give" star power, how the hell can you tell if there are HO/POs or not? Baffling design. I also don't like how so many songs have "2-1" or "3-1" chords when you're clearly hearing a power chord (thus should be 1-2 or 1-3). I don't get why they're so frequent, much more abundant than 1-2 or 1-3 on the "hard" difficulty level.

Finally, I must say that they royally fucked up the whole "live" side of things. Nevermind having to wait a minute to play your song, or how the video constantly switches from "good" to "bad" when things get tough. Or having major cognitive dissidence when a guy who clearly isn't Eminem is singing exactly like Eminem. My biggest problem is:

WHY THE FUCK IS EVERYONE STARING AT ME ALL THE TIME!?!?

Seriously, for some songs, the drummer, guitarist, singer, roadie, fucking everyone is just constantly staring at you. It's unnerving, it's like it's the invasion of the body snatchers, and they know that I'm still a regular human. The whole idea was to "simulate" playing a concert. I've never been to a concert where every member of the band is staring down the guitarist the whole time. You know the crowd is over there right? The ones that paid money to see us? Maybe you should look at the crowd a bit?

m23

Just bought this and played for the first time last night. I played a ton of GH2 and 3 but I'm struggling in this game. I have to learn how to hit the top and bottom buttons at the same time, my mind is stuck in the old way to play.

Is it just a matter of getting used to it?

m23

https://slickdeals.net/f/9626292-tru-guitar-hero-live-ps4-xb1-wiiu-19-99-fs?page=2#commentsBox

Currently $20 at Toys R' Us. I just got it and it's pretty fun. I like the clean design, the live crowd and the first person view, and thank god they got rid of the creepy characters. I just hope this game does not lose support any time soon since this is Activision we are talking about.

I'm a huge fan of the cleaner look and the UI. Having a lot of fun with it so far as I'm also a recent buyer of the game.

vonStirlitz

Unconfirmed Member
[Redacted as the member no longer wishes to be associated with this website, and the reputational damage and distress caused by association with this website. In addition, the user considers that the action of the management, and the nature of the site and members of its community, renders the original terms and conditions of this site void, and it unconscionable for either side to be bound to them. The user reasserts their IP rights in all content and does not give any authority for its continued usage on this website. Despite requesting that the user's account be deleted, in accordance with data protection rules which apply to this website over multiple jurisdictions, the admin team have failed to delete this account, requiring the user to take its own steps to ensure the valid deletion of data.]

FyreWulff

It's monetized via the microtransactions, and their licensing is probably a lot cheaper when it's shorter term and "streamed" instead of ownership based

firehawk12

Subete no aware
I remember reading that there were layoffs at the studio? I assume that there's a small crew maintaining it but that there's no real plans to add to it in any meaningful way like Rock Band with Rivals.

yume_2501

I remember reading that there were layoffs at the studio? I assume that there's a small crew maintaining it but that there's no real plans to add to it in any meaningful way like Rock Band with Rivals.
It s a pity, love the button layout a lot batter and funny that the 5 button layout

what's the general consensus on the way the multiplayer/progression is balanced

I just got 100% on a song on Expert and lost to a guy with double my score, and that seems incredibly fucked up

He probably has his guitar all leveled up.

I get that, I just think it's kind of bullshit. The only factor in who wins during a song should be skill. If someone at level 1 did better at a song on Expert than someone who did the same thing at level 20, the level 1 person should win 100% of the time.

I wouldn't take issue with it if player progression wasn't largely predicated on how well you do against others. That, and the competitive nature of the game is all out of whack since you have to spend hours and hours of time levelling up and making enough money to upgrade the guitar fully to even consider trying to get a good spot on any leaderboards.

Picked this up today from argos UK £15 with guitar. It's brilliant, although wish we could just download songs instead of buying plays etc.

Shame its probably not a genre that's going to pick up again

Leonidas

Anyone here have experience using the new 6 button guitar in the older GH games? Seems like it's compatible with the older games on 360 but difficult to use, thinking of giving it a shot though because the guitar controllers on the older games are really expensive...

Top Bottom