• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Guilty Gear Strive - Reviews

Heisenberg007

Gold Journalism
With all the hype and limelight that Ratchet & Clank has, it is easy to miss out on Guilty Gear Strive, which is also releasing on June 11, 2021 on PS4, PS5 and PC. The game is being very highly reviewed and is currently hovering between 89 and 90 on Metacritic.

99CfCtR.jpg

Metacritic: 89 (was 90 when I started creating this thread)
Opencritic: 84 (90% recommended)

IGN: 9/10
Shacknews: 9/10
GamingTrend: 85/100
Windows Central: 4/5
Just Push Start: 4.5/5
Eurogamer Italy: 9/10

Last edited:

SSfox

Only thing i'm not a big fan of is that story mode is basically just a anime movie to watch with no gameplay, i prefer MK style where you play the story (i mean it's a videogame).

That being said it's not big deal and will watch this in a sit when i plan to sit watch something, so i know what i'm gonna watch. And everything else seems super dope, characters, art design, gameplay, netcode sounds great, and probably even the best ever of any fighting game.

Last edited:

Pejo

Sadly, I'm not paying 84 dollars for the deluxe without crossplay, so I'll just wait until the DLC is finished and pick it up on sale on PC. Stupid fucking Sony and their crossplay bullshit.

Last edited:

Keihart

Only thing i'm not a big fan of is that story mode is basically just a anime movie to watch with no gameplay, i prefer MK style where you play the story (i mean it's a videogame).

That being said it's not big deal and will watch this in a sit when i plan to sit watch something, so i know what i'm gonna watch. And everything else seems super dope, characters, art design, gameplay, netcode sounds great, and probably even the best ever of any fighting game.
They revamped the arcade mode tho

VFXVeteran

Banned
With all the hype and limelight that Ratchet & Clank has, it is easy to miss out on Guilty Gear Strive, which is also releasing on June 11, 2021 on PS4, PS5 and PC. The game is being very highly reviewed and is currently hovering between 89 and 90 on Metacritic.

99CfCtR.jpg

Metacritic: 89 (was 90 when I started creating this thread)
Opencritic: 84 (90% recommended)

IGN: 9/10
Shacknews: 9/10
GamingTrend: 85/100
Windows Central: 4/5
Just Push Start: 4.5/5
Eurogamer Italy: 9/10

I'm way more excited to play this than R&C. Can't wait!

VFXVeteran

Banned
This is a cross-gen game, man. :/
Why does that matter? The game needs exactly what from the PS5? SSD doesn't need to be utilized like R&C. It's an amazing looking game!

I hope you Sony warriors don't start trolling every single game that comes out that's not current-gen. You act like cross-gen means the team can't make it look stellar in any way which is BS.

Last edited:

Heisenberg007

Gold Journalism
Why does that matter? The game needs exactly what from the PS5? SSD doesn't need to be utilized like R&C. It's an amazing looking game!

I hope you Sony warriors don't start trolling every single game that comes out that's not current-gen. You act like cross-gen means the team can't make it look stellar in any way which is BS.
Pretty sure he was being sarcastic.

VFXVeteran

Banned
That's fine. I just have a weird quirk where I play certain genres strictly on console and others on strictly PC.
Yea, I know what you mean bro. I used to be that way but the PC space has come around with those kinds of games (i.e. Fighting, Sports, Driving, etc..). An example of that would be FS2020. I'd never fly that on an Xbox.

SF Kosmo

Al Jazeera Special Reporter
I am bad at fighting games and rarely buy them but I always end up picking up Guilty Gear titles. Probably wait for a sale though.

Shallow no content game, another FGC inflated score from FGC reviewers or at least competitive if not that.

Game could be fine but if you're going to give SFC 70's for no content why does Strive get a pass?

The people at Sony need to stop being greedy cunts about cross-play/cross-save and stuff like that. It blows that even simpler games like Genshin and Fall Guys have no way of transferring your saves from PS to PC and vice versa.

VFXVeteran

Banned
Shallow no content game, another FGC inflated score from FGC reviewers or at least competitive if not that.

Game could be fine but if you're going to give SFC 70's for no content why does Strive get a pass?
How is there no content? I don't understand. It has several play options. No it's not like Netherreal games but it's still going to give a good amount of playable content.

BennyBlanco

aka IMurRIVAL69
According to some, pc has plenty of users so I don't see the problem 👀. Either way it's not Sony's job to boost the PC player base lol ask Gabe or something 🤷🏿‍♂️

On topic, I'll definitely be trying this out. Will be my first guilty gear game

according to statistics

BennyBlanco

aka IMurRIVAL69
There you have it, so why are people complaining about it not being cross play lol but I've diverged enough.

i have no idea, when the VAST majority of console players use wifi. games like tekken and street fighter are alive and well on PC years after release.

Northeastmonk

Gold Member
I bought the Deluxe Edition on PS5 and got the PS4 version with it. A win win because I may just use my PS4. That way I don’t use my DualSense and console excessively. Wait till I get a new DualSense controller.

chriskun

Does anyone know if you can change the music to music from the previous games? The God Smack/Disturbed cover band they had do the OST is a deal breaker to me.

Such a beautiful game , i never played any guilty gear games...., i'm tempted with this one , but i'm affraid ill do with most fighting games play a few rounds then don't touch it like forever .

Arsic

Gold Member
Loving the game myself but fighting game reviews are all over the board for this genre.

This game has major faults and some shitty practices. Not saying it needs bad reviews but more talk about it.

*Fishing is a stupid click fest
*Lobbies are beyond dog shit
*Lack of offline content
*Not enough colors (saved for dlc)
*No PC beta
*Releasing it early for more money pre orders is a shit practice
*Game doesn't remember music/stage settings
*Training to fight online "mode" doesn't work
*The slow, painful, and often game freezing of leveling up to a new lobby

I could go on but compared to Netherrealm Studios offerings this game and all other fighters are still playing catch up.

At the end of the day pretty visuals, solid fighting, and netcode is all this package has. It's the barebones fundamentals of what is needed to be a great fighter.

Last edited:
Top Bottom