• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Guilty Gear: Strive PS5 and PS4 open beta test set for February 19 to 21

It's the hat. It's fucking huge. I like her design. I just hope this is still one of her victory poses:

iu

Oh I think insta kills are in the game. That last super looks like I-No's old insta kill from XX.
No skin for you!
13xeEwa.jpg

The Office No GIF

But seriously if you noticed all the characters have more clothes compared to Xrd. Even the dudes. So it seems more a stylistic choice than some censorship bullshit.
I take it you didn't watch the fighting games producers round table, when Daisuke Ishiwari introduced I-No he said they had to change her design a bit to comply with the requirments of the ratings boards.

Some think they new design is actually even more hotter than XRD and XX, you know less is more.

Last edited:
I don't play a lot of fighting games, but I thought Strive was amazing. I even tried online (which is a very rare thing for me to do), and I found it to be a pleasant experience. Matchmaking sometimes failed, not sure why, but I was really surprised to not experience any lag during online matches. Its very different from say GBVS.

I wish there were more characters though. I'm a bit cautious to buy this game early because GBVS's DLC characters were very expensive. So I may just wait for a more complete edition or something. Is I-No the last character for the base game?
GBVS character pass and prices were all dictated by CyGames (The true owner of GBVS) and it was indeed expensive. The Season 1 pass for Strive is already cheaper and gives you much more (stages, colors, tracks, etc).

Also I don't think it's a good idea to wait for a "complete edition" unless you are willing to wait 3 or 4 years for that and then you will have to deal with a very small playerbase to play against (since the veterans will chew you up in seconds).

Last edited:
Gave my feedback. Hope they tune the damage. Movement being slow is probably too late in the game to change now, even if there was enough pushback. Lobbies had problems, but I'm sure they'll get fixed. Sadly, this game in its current state is a pass from me, there's just too much right now that I didn't like about it. Guess I'll head back to GBVS and all 4 other players that still play it on PC.
You know whats funny? I was watching some pro-players going back to Xrd Rev 2 yesterday and their first reaction was "damn this feels slow". They all agreed that Strive feels faster somehow.

Labolas

I take it you didn't watch the fighting games producers round table, when Daisuke Ishiwari introduced I-No he said they had to change her design a bit to comply with the requirments of the ratings boards.

Some think they new design is actually even more hotter than XRD and XX, you know less is more.
I dipped in and out of that stream. Missed that bit. Yeah, ok that sucks, really doesn't make sense since they got away with it in Xrd. I like the redesign but damn don't censor the witch like this. Well, that's slightly more depressing.
sad ben affleck GIF

Last edited:

Fake

Pejo

You know whats funny? I was watching some pro-players going back to Xrd Rev 2 yesterday and their first reaction was "damn this feels slow". They all agreed that Strive feels faster somehow.
That is strange indeed. I'm a Chipp player so the damage and slowness were extra obvious to me. It felt like I was playing in mud with him. Maybe it's faster for like Sol or Pot.

I also hate the Bieber pants and "Best Jeanist" outfit redesign. In fact all of the redesigns thus far have been kinda shit except Ky. Well and Ram looks cute despite all the censorship. Hate I-No's redesign though.

Lethal01

I dipped in and out of that stream. Missed that bit. Yeah, ok that sucks, really doesn't make sense since they got away with it in Xrd. I like the redesign but damn don't censor the witch like this. Well, that's slightly more depressing.
sad ben affleck GIF

It makes sense; the boards get better at their job and have more specific criteria. Also, sometimes devs just get lucky and the board misses something that's clearly a violation.

Ten_Fold

Beta was good, the netcode is the best I’ve played in a modern fighter.

The game feels easier than xrd, it’s like SF4 to sf5 imo. Damage is pretty crazy right now, fought some top players and went back and forth cuz May is pretty damn good lol yolo dolphin. Gonna pick this game up once it comes out for sure. Game runs super smooth on the ps5.

Pejo

I'm still not sure if I'm buying, tbh. I hate how stripped out the character movesets are, and I hate the big damage. It plays really well online, and I found out during the last beta that I really like Anji's playsytle, but eh.

Might just wait until season 1 dlc is done and get it on sale. Based on the time I played in the beta and general discussions, I think you're going to see a lot of Ram and Sol online which I have a hard time with.

Gonna preorder the deluxe version with base game + season pass, my first time buying day one an Arcsys game. I'm new to this genre of 2D anime style fighting game, but it was fun trying the beta, and it has the best netcode i ever exprienced in a fighting game.
Same here. If u are on playstation, add me: smart_brazileiro

Top Bottom