• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Guilty Gear: Strive PS5 and PS4 open beta test set for February 19 to 21

GG-Strive-OP-Beta_02-05-21.jpg

Arc System Works will host an open beta test for Guilty Gear: Strive from February 19 at 12:00 JST to February 21 at 23:59 JST on PlayStation 5 and PlayStation 4, the publisher and developer announced.

Users who pre-order Guilty Gear: Strive via the PlayStation Store will be able to access the open beta test a day early on February 18.

Guilty Gear: Strive is due out for PlayStation 5, PlayStation 4, and PC via Steam on April 9. The Deluxe and Ultimate Editions will launch for PlayStation 5 and PlayStation 4 three days in advance on April 6. Read more about the game here and here.

UPDATE: Starter guide videos for new characters Nagoriyuki and Giovanna:

Last edited:

Amaranty

In terms of difficulty, where does Guilty Gear stand compared to Street Fighter, Tekken and NetherRealm games?

Arsic

In terms of difficulty, where does Guilty Gear stand compared to Street Fighter, Tekken and NetherRealm games?

IMO past iterations are harder in some ways and easier in others.

Guilty this go around is simplified for Strive so it's the best one for newcomers. Combo structure is chain combos aka A into B into C without timing, so you can mash into the other buttons to obtain combos.

The systems are the harder parts to learn, and certain characters can be insane to use like Zato.

IMO easier to me than SF, but harder than Moron Kombat.

Labolas

^It is. Stuff like character specific weight combos alone makes it more complex. Hell, the movement is vital in their games.
GG has some of the more difficult characters to learn in fighting games. Zato-1 is known for being a really complex character, but ultimately it depends on what character you use. If we're comparing Xrd, it's harder than current Street Fighter and any of the Nether Realm games. Arguably, that Tekken is harder but depends on what level you are talking about and what character you're using.

Labolas

I started on GG after Guilty Gear 3rd Rev, so IDK if the previous games are mode difficult than Street Fighter.
You mean Xrd Rev2? Or Xrd Revelator? Anyways, Guilty XX Accore is the hardest to learn iirc. GGXRD Sign didn't have a lot of stuff Rev2 has now. Same thing with vanilla XX and probably it is going to happen to Strive as well.

Fake

You mean Xrd Rev2? Or Xrd Revelator? Anyways, Guilty XX Accore is the hardest to learn iirc. GGXRD Sign didn't have a lot of stuff Rev2 has now. Same thing with vanilla XX and probably it is going to happen to Strive as well.
Revelator for PS4. As I said, I never played and GG before Revelator, so IDK if they're more difficult than Street Fighter.

amigastar

I loved Dragonball Fighter Z but the lack of singleplayer content was really disappointing and made me quit the game pretty fast. I hope Guilty Gear: Strive will be better in that regard.

Last edited:

Labolas

Revelator for PS4. As I said, I never played and GG before Revelator, so IDK if they're more difficult than Street Fighter.
Ah gotcha. As Grand Theft Scratchy Grand Theft Scratchy said they're more difficult by default. But each version of the entry got more stuff added to them making each entry more difficult and complex.
For example, Sign's didn't have Blitz attacks and different version of dust follow up. Hell, Ram played differently from each version of Xrd.

[Sigma]

Well at least one maybe understood I was joking;( . In terms of Giovanna, i'm not deterred at all. Definitely spending all my time with her and Nagoriyuki in the beta. Can't wait to kill myself 100 times with him lol.

Last edited:

Northeastmonk

Gold Member
Combat looks a lot more grounded than usual. I like the setups and the animations before the super arts. What’s cool is Zato actually using more of his moves besides relying on Eddy 80% of the time.

TheFawz

Has there been any details about the PS5 version, specifically if it's own proper Next-Gen SKU or if a performance profile of the PS4 version? I expect some technical analysis, but curious about Cross-Play/Buy/Save and Next-Gen specific functionality like Dual Sense

Labolas

For everyone saying how small Gio's movelist is, Jack-O doesn't have any traditional specials in Xrd outside her setting ghosts/goons and organ setup.

[Sigma]

Bunch streamers been playing. First impressions of the rollback netcode is overwhelmingly positive(People still seem to hate the lobby system tho). Max was playing Giovanna the whole time figuring out stuff. I think he actually played against Wawa too lol. SonicFox was playing Ram and I think him and Go1 are suppose to be trying to set up a match tomorrow. Go1(Nago) play against Kaz(Giovanna)

Last edited:
I downloaded the beta but can't see it on the ps5 selections guess we have to wait until the evening? I have ultimate pre-ordered.

Found it, you click on the... By it to select it

Last edited:
Top Bottom