• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Guess the game

anthony2690

Banned
https://guessthe.game/

I recently stumbled across this online, and it's pretty fun, I have done the first 50, guessing every single game correctly with the exception of game 28! (Genuinely had no clue at all, what it was)

Anyone else played this?
It is a pretty fun/novel time killer.

You have 6 guesses to guess the game from the pictures shown, it sometimes gives clues like platforms, metacritic score & genre.

Hopefully some of my fellow GAF members have some fun with this too :)

Last edited:
Oh I get it. You have 6 chances to guess what 1 game is. I tried one and I thought I was wrong about 4 games when I got the 5th guess right.

I guess not bad since I never played the game. NFI how a normal person would look at a cropped image of 2 toucans, do they really just go "oh yeah, that's definitely x game"

I guess I could try the first 50 while I have my coffee(s)

anthony2690

Banned
Oh I get it. You have 6 chances to guess what 1 game is. I tried one and I thought I was wrong about 4 games when I got the 5th guess right.

I guess not bad since I never played the game. NFI how a normal person would look at a cropped image of 2 toucans, do they really just go "oh yeah, that's definitely x game"

I guess I could try the first 50 while I have my coffee(s)
Sorry, I should've explained better, I'll update my post :) I hope you have fun with it!

Grildon Tundy

Gold Member
This game is great, thanks for sharing! Really cool how it shakes memories loose.

No Google or outside references used...yet. #19, #35, #50, #72, and #115 nearly got me!

PJC0xfB.png

1CCEDkz.png

Last edited:

Sleepwalker

Did them all

4c0032fd215d2c9e48d693f413a498b5.png

These are the ones i missed

No google no nothing.

#106 I guessed the game right but it was the sequel, not the first. meh.

brian0057

Banned
Not gonna lie, I've only played like maybe a third to a half of these games.

91L5Zn4.png

The ones I missed were:
(Still haven't played from 53 to 111)

Last edited:
Okay managed to get them all so far but that's only 20. Got work to do but I'll try to do at least the first 50 today

I think the balance is very cool of hints and screens getting more helpful right as you start to run out of guesses

Curious to see what 28 is

R6Rider

Gold Member
I'm awful at this. I'm picking random ones and jumping around. Usually the first two pictures are useless.

anthony2690

Banned
This quiz has taught me that I have played way too many damn JRPGs to guess this accurate, lol.

It's .. THE .. Jrpg.

i'll spoiler tag it if you want the answer
Chrono Trigger
I literally went through every FF game and DQ game and then the final picture came up and showed the protag from the back and I knew straight away haha

MarkMe2525

Gold Member
That was fun. Did really well on any game that wasn't a ps3 or ps4 Japanese produced exclusive. That's definitely a blind spot of mine.

cash_longfellow

Gold Member
I got the first 10 then decided to skip to 28. I have actually played the game, but couldn’t remember what it was and got it wrong 🤷‍♂️

StreetsofBeige

Gold Member
This quiz has taught me that I have played way too many damn JRPGs to guess this accurate, lol.

It's .. THE .. Jrpg.

i'll spoiler tag it if you want the answer
Chrono Trigger
I only tried this site a handful of times and didn't come close. If the site is skewed to JRPGs forget it. Aside from maybe some old Phantasy Star games, I'd get zero.

Bragr

Banned
I got a bit addicted and did the 130 they got up there. There were 4 of them I got wrong, didn't look anything up.

But, there seems to be some sort of minor hint system or a bug or something, because when you find the right game and spell the first 3 words, it has a tendency to pop up on the top of the list of the games you can choose.

yZBQq6t.jpg

anthony2690

Banned
I got a bit addicted and did the 130 they got up there. There were 4 of them I got wrong, didn't look anything up.

But, there seems to be some sort of minor hint system or a bug or something, because when you find the right game and spell the first 3 words, it has a tendency to pop up on the top of the list of the games you can choose.

yZBQq6t.jpg
Oh wow, you've blasted through them all! :O

Glad some of you guys have had fun with this as well :D

Last edited:

Grildon Tundy

Gold Member
1ZxKyiz.png

I want to thank my mom, dad, friends and family for always supporting me in my endless pursuit of video game knowledge. Some say that the brain real estate being taken up by random video game images could be better used serving a higher purpose such as solving world hunger. To them I humbly posit: "UNDEFEATED 134 IN A ROW AT AN AVERAGE 2.5 GUESSES (MEDIAN 2 GUESSES) PER GAME BAYBAYYYYYYY!"

Last edited:
I'm quite enjoying this, great way for someone to objectively test their gaming knowledge. It's funny that some of the games I got in 1 guess are ones I've never even played while a couple of my fave games took multiple guesses but a lot comes down to what they arbitrarily chose as that first pic. Anyway, good times 👌

pEZUJVi.jpg
5wz8KET.jpg

anthony2690

Banned
Anyone still doing this? I started again recently. Had no clue on today's game.
gkGba7P.png

I got it, annoyingly typing it in as Un-railed lost me a go, I knew what it was as soon as I got the ducks clue, never played it, but saw my partner's sisters kid playing it one time

Last edited:

R6Rider

Gold Member
I did horrible on today's game too.

The graphics betrayed me and I had no idea that's what the original looked like lol

I did horrible on today's game too.

The graphics betrayed me and I had no idea that's what the original looked like lol
Considering this was my childhood I’m very disappointed in myself lol. I kinda skipped through it too fast. If I had taken a second I would have gotten it

TexMex

I have nothing to add but it’s always funny to me that the OP on basically any old thread that gets a necro bump is almost always banned. Even ones like this that are relatively young. People are wild.

R6Rider

Gold Member
I have nothing to add but it’s always funny to me that the OP on basically any old thread that gets a necro bump is almost always banned. Even ones like this that are relatively young. People are wild.
Haha, that's true. In this case though, the OP requested for a year ban.

Top Bottom