• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GuerrillaDawg has passed away

MMaRsu

Banned
I'm pretty sure he used to post here as well, but most of you probably know him as G GuerrillaDawg on Twitter.

I think he ended his own life.

I wasnt hugely acquinted with him, I knew him from Twitter but still, I always enjoyed most of his posts.

If this isnt the place for the thread please close it, but I just wanted to pay respects to Wim.

Sub_Level

wants to fuck an Asian grill.
It was suicide, yes. Late 20s.

He was a regular in the Metal Gear community thread, which transitioned to a Telegram chat room long ago. Just an all around charming and fun dude. Never had a bad interaction with him. He often trolled here on gaf, on twitter, & even sometimes on era to hilarious effect. Condolences to his family & friends.

Pouring one out for him next time I drink. The Metal Gear community will miss him dearly.

Werewolf Jones

Gold Member
WHY THOUGH? Fucking hell, mental illness does a number on people. He was a good looking man, I know he was unhappy I saw on Twitter but he wasn't a bad dude, but he seemed to be doing things with his life. The amount of people who cared for him and spoke to him regularly online and they still couldn't pull him out the darkness. It's just sad man, he deserves better.

Honestly shocked, I know the COVID-19 times got to people but he really should still be alive. RIP. 😔

Polygonal_Sprite

Gold Member
WHY THOUGH? Fucking hell, mental illness does a number on people. He was a good looking man, I know he was unhappy I saw on Twitter but he wasn't a bad dude, but he seemed to be doing things with his life. The amount of people who cared for him and spoke to him regularly online and they still couldn't pull him out the darkness. It's just sad man, he deserves better.

Honestly shocked, I know the COVID-19 times got to people but he really should still be alive. RIP. 😔

It's very difficult to understand. The best way I've heard it described is that severely depressed people do not want to die. They are simply like someone stuck in a burning building. They don't want to but they are eventually forced to jump.

Being good looking, well liked, rich, successful at work, popular with your choice of sex etc means absolutely nothing when every waking minute of your life is filled with thoughts of wanting to die due to clinical depression.

NecrosaroIII

Ask me about my terrible takes on Star Trek characters
It's very difficult to understand. The best way I've heard it described is that severely depressed people do not want to die. They are simply like someone stuck in a burning building. They don't want to but they are eventually forced to jump.

Being good looking, well liked, rich, successful at work, popular with your choice of sex etc means absolutely nothing when every waking minute of your life is filled with thoughts of wanting to die due to clinical depression.
The best I can explain it is that you don't really get satisfaction from all of the good things. They just feel muted. Like the part of your brain that releases chemicals to make you feel good aren't working right. Negative emotions however are felt much stronger.

Imagine basically going through life only getting a little bit of enjoyment out of things you like or enjoy. However things you don't like or hate you feel acutely. It's pretty rough to live like that. It wears you down.

Top Bottom