• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GTA V will offer more singleplayer elements in the future (in GTA Online)

DonJorginho

Banned
ITs definitely gonna break records!

kyliethicc kyliethicc Playboi Carti Playboi Carti GET ITT
kyliethicc kyliethicc Playboi Carti Playboi Carti MiyazakiHatesKojima MiyazakiHatesKojima We got a very special christmas ahead! Get ReDdy 💋🧛‍♂️

Get Dripped Playboi Carti GIF by Lil Yachty

Fbh

Main problem with this is that it doesn't really sound like "Single player content". It sounds like "Co-op content you can optionally play alone", which isn't the same.
Left 4 Dead is also technically a "single player game".

Last edited:
i aint touching GTA Online again.

it ruined GTA. V is a great single player game but as soon as Rockstar realised how much lettuce they could make from GTAO then just abandoned what made GTA so great. fuck single players and lets just milk every last drop from everyone.

we should've had GTA VI by now but nope. who knows when we will get it if we ever do. even if you do enjoy GTA Online it is now a 7 year old game surely it's time for Rockstar to update it? I wouldn't want to play in Los Santos all the time (i know the new update has a new map but it's nothing like a proper world map). Let us play in Liberty City or Vice City. Update the engine to make the game look and run better. Again, this is a 7 year old game! Look at the difference in visuals between GTA V and RDR2. Heck, they could probably make it look better because RDR2 is 2 years old now.

I know GTA Online is printing them money and i can't really blame a business for doing what makes them $ but c'mon to fuck Rockstar!

How exactly did they fuck single players though? You got a massive, fully fleshed out single player campaign. Not having single player dlc isnt fucking over single players. Gta online is dope af, with years of free updates.

Yeah. It is a miracle that game run on PS3/X360. It is a testament to Rockstar wizardry. It still beat open world games in design. Also they didn’t bite more than they can chew like CDPR releasing Cyberpunk on many different consoles.

Honestly, this is just a case of you remembering the past through rose colored glasses.

GTA V launch on PS3/360 was a glitchy disaster that ran like shit. And just like CDPR, Rockstar had no problems hiding issues from customers.

The framerate would regularly dip into the teens and the pop in was atrocious. And that was with the disc version.

The online no-disc versions would be considered unplayable by todays standards. The entire world popping in and out of existence at close range. Just look at this shit...

This happened because the game was designed to stream in data from the disc AND the HDD at the same time. But for the online version there was no disc so only had the HDD to stream data from.

And what made this worse was that Rockstar hid this fact from customers. There was no talk of this beforehand that the online versions were gimped. This was just a surprise for people who bought it online.

The game was a buggy mess of glitches ( absolutely just as bad in every way as the PS4 version of Cyberpunk, and there's endless video to prove it ), including save file corruption both for your single player save file AND your online save file.

But the outrage about such things was not as extreme back then as it is nowadays. There was also not a working PC version at that time so people on consoles did not see their version as so dramatically inferior ( as was the case with Cyberpunk ).

Last edited:

kiphalfton

I read that as "We're going to milk GTAV online as long as we possibly can................ THEN we will release single player content".

So goddam sick of these devs. Square Enix is just as bad with what they're doing with FFVII Remake, which when everything is said and done will be the equivalent of a $180 (or more since games are now $70 each) game.

I just don't get it.. what is it about gta online that has SO many people staying around? The map is devoid of much substance other than races and a few heights. I could see if this was something on the same level as Playstation Home, but it's just not.

Last edited:
Top Bottom