• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GTA V.5 could be much Better than GTA VI

Marvel14

Banned
On the back of the latest GTA V Online Update and in response to the ongoing hatred of GTA V's staying power, I want to propose that a GTA V.5 could be superior to a GTA VI.

What do I mean?

Imagine:

- more intelligent and interactive NPCs with a wide range of new interactions and side stories to discover. No longer just those highlighted on the map.
- most buildings not just shells but fully explorable interiors.
-better physics with the ability to actually damage buildings (albeit with rapid regeneration)
- Better 1st and 3rd person controls with more fidelity, accuracy and more actions.
- All new modes and activities to complement all the new innovations with new characters in both single and online play.

The only downside? It all happens in the GTA V locales of Los Santos and its surroundings which you may be getting sick of after almost 9 years.

The Alternative? A GTA VI simulation using many of the same controls, physics and indestructible exteriors and empty interiors as vanilla GTAV set in Liberty City, Vice City or San Andreas that like RDR2 has you managing your hair and beard length, the ornaments that surround you in your bedroom, your apartment furniture choices and a whole lotta other detailed stuff that is fundamentally boring but super realistic.

In both cases we will get more photo realistic graphics so not really a differentiatior.

So I vote for GTA V.5. Down with GTA VI. Fight me.

Kssio_Aug

Nah, give me GTA VI instead.

RDR2 is already a huge improvement over GTA V in many aspects, I'm sure they can do something great out of GTA VI. And bring back good characters please... the ones from GTA V were shit.

ReBurn

Gold Member
Imagine believing that any update to GTA V is going to be anything other than an update to GTA online.

I don't even believe GTA VI is going to have a single player campaign at this point. Or that they're even going to make it.

The Alternative? A GTA VI simulation using many of the same controls, physics and indestructible exteriors and empty interiors as vanilla GTAV set in Liberty City, Vice City or San Andreas that like RDR2 has you managing your hair and beard length, the ornaments that surround you in your bedroom, your apartment furniture choices and a whole lotta other detailed stuff that is fundamentally boring but super realistic.

I would be perfectly fine with a scenario like this for GTAVI. RDRII had easily one of the most immersive worlds in a game I'd ever seen and wss a massive step up from GTAV. I'd rock the shit out of an immersive, "realistic" GTAVI (in first person of course).

Last edited:

AV

We ain't outta here in ten minutes, we won't need no rocket to fly through space
most buildings not just shells but fully explorable interiors.

People have been saying this shit for decades and it's still the dumbest argument I ever hear for what could make GTA better. Every time there's a new GTA in the works, some guy online talks about how cool it would be to enter every building in the game.

Why? What are you going to find inside them in GTA that's going to matter? What's really the benefit to making all those buildings explorable, more hidden packages that 5% of the player base are going to actually bother getting?

Kerotan

May be getting sick of after 9 years? There could be a 12 year gap between 5 and 6. Of course we'll be sick of it.

Still though I play gta online a lot and love it.

No one really knows anything about GTA VI, how can you make a comparison

We already have threads here complaining that "Wokestar" is going to make GTAVI "woke" and has lost their edge so it's going to be a shit game so hey, why not make a comparison thread as well?

K2D

Banned
1.) Why would you vote for one over the other?

2.) "More photo realistic" will never mean photo realistic. Not even for a 2026 GTA.

3.) Where IS PSVR IMPLEMENTATION, ROCKSTAR?!

Last edited:

Marvel14

Banned
People have been saying this shit for decades and it's still the dumbest argument I ever hear for what could make GTA better. Every time there's a new GTA in the works, some guy online talks about how cool it would be to enter every building in the game.

Why? What are you going to find inside them in GTA that's going to matter? What's really the benefit to making all those buildings explorable, more hidden packages that 5% of the player base are going to actually bother getting?
What if each building contained a unique challenge or puzzle that provided a sought after reward? Or a unique, entertaining NPC interaction some of which, when strung together is a set of hints to a treasure?

assurdum

Banned
Rockstar has released 2 fucking new games in a decade. Two for the fuck sake. This company represent everything is cancerous in this industry.

Honestly youre spot on for the most part. To me the only positives i can think of for building interiors are just for running away from the cops. That would make some cool immersive getaways. Running through buildings and rooftop to rooftop.

Spaceman292

Banned
On the back of the latest GTA V Online Update and in response to the ongoing hatred of GTA V's staying power, I want to propose that a GTA V.5 could be superior to a GTA VI.

What do I mean?

Imagine:

- more intelligent and interactive NPCs with a wide range of new interactions and side stories to discover. No longer just those highlighted on the map.
- most buildings not just shells but fully explorable interiors.
-better physics with the ability to actually damage buildings (albeit with rapid regeneration)
- Better 1st and 3rd person controls with more fidelity, accuracy and more actions.
- All new modes and activities to complement all the new innovations with new characters in both single and online play.

The only downside? It all happens in the GTA V locales of Los Santos and its surroundings which you may be getting sick of after almost 9 years.

In both cases we will get more photo realistic graphics so not really a differentiatior.

So I vote for GTA V.5. Down with GTA VI. Fight me.
Everyone is sick of gta 5, and you think the solution is just to scrap the new game and just repackage 5 again? Are you high?

If developers are able to develop a system where each building interior is randomly generated and populated with objects it makes the world x100 times more believable. Especially if the devs fill these spaces with hidden messages or collectables.

Obviously this random generation would only happen within immediate vicinity of the player and with these new SSD's I don't see how that's not possible. With the ability to render insane detail and dump it all in a second when player turns around would make for insanely detailed interiors. It definitely is possible but wouldn't be feasible if its all hand crafted.

This coupled with better NPC AI that can navigate the the world better, understand or react to changes in weather etc would make for a killer open world game.
I've said this many times in the past but the open world in these types of games need to be believable and that includes much more advanced AI and the freedom to explore every nook and cranny of the map.
Otherwise it will all just be prettier versions of existing open world games where we have 8 - 10 brain dead NCP's on-screen at any one time.

New more powerful hardware should allow new more innovative ways of exploring game worlds.

Last edited:

AV

We ain't outta here in ten minutes, we won't need no rocket to fly through space
What if each building contained a unique challenge or puzzle that provided a sought after reward? Or a unique, entertaining NPC interaction some of which, when strung together is a set of hints to a treasure?

You can't do that with "each building" in a GTA game. They're set in cities. It would take more time than is humanly available to develop so you'd end up with RDR2 where "a lot" of buildings are explorable until you get to the cities, and that took long enough to make. And again, why bother going to such lengths when less than 5% of the player base will even bother? Check the completion rate on the GTA V / RDR2 100% trophies. Nobody cares about this kind of shit in GTA and I say that as somebody who did almost everything in those games.

AV

If developers are able to develop a system where each building interior is randomly generated and populated with objects it makes the world x100 times more believable. Especially if the devs fill these spaces with hidden messages or collectables.

Obviously this random generation would only happen within immediate vicinity of the player and with these new SSD's I don't see how that's not possible. With the ability to render insane detail and dump it all in a second when player turns around would make for insanely detailed interiors. It definitely is possible but wouldn't be feasible if its all hand crafted.

But once again, what is that in service of? In Skyrim the procedurally generated dungeons contained monsters that gave XP when killed, and loot that could be sold for gold to upgrade your character in some meaningful way. GTA is not an RPG nor will it ever be. The best you're going to find in procedurally generated interiors are cash to buy guns or guns, both of which aren't a problem to get outside of scouring random buildings for hours when you could be doing streets races or bank jobs.

Just because something is possible doesn't make it worth doing.

Y0ssarian

Banned
zdSjpLU.jpg

NinjaBoiX

“Wouldn’t it be great if all the buildings had interiors?”

No, stop dreaming, it would be a huge waste of resources. That’s not what these games are about.

“Wouldn’t it be great if all the buildings had interiors?”

No, stop dreaming, it would be a huge waste of resources. That’s not what these games are about.
Yeah driving longer distances with highways where you can't do Jack shit is way better than less roads with more buildings to enter and possibilites to interact.

Marvel14

Banned
You can't do that with "each building" in a GTA game. They're set in cities. It would take more time than is humanly available to develop so you'd end up with RDR2 where "a lot" of buildings are explorable until you get to the cities, and that took long enough to make. And again, why bother going to such lengths when less than 5% of the player base will even bother? Check the completion rate on the GTA V / RDR2 100% trophies. Nobody cares about this kind of shit in GTA and I say that as somebody who did almost everything in those games.
I hear you but if it was designed as an alternative way to explore the game or as a "game within a game" it might be worthwhile and get much more take up.

Marvel14

Banned
Man, you guys are harsh lol.
Trolls gonna troll...

there are interesting discussions to be had about the value of an evergreen title that could become more and more interactive and immersive over time building on a proof of concept that works , versus creating an entirely new simulation with new assets risking a new approach to interactivity and immersion that may not get the balance right.

But stringing arguments and thoughts together takes work (as does reading as some have noted).

You can shoot stuff down without effort or thought. Much easier, less risky and more satisfying for the ego too..

Last edited:
Top Bottom