• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GTA: The Trilogy PS4|OT| We heard you like strippers so we stripped the soundtracks

Z3M0G

Does the sale end today???

I'm so torn on if I want this or not... I love starting GTA games, but I never get far in them... and I actually did finish 2/3 of these games in the past...

Ok I may do this just to build a PS2 game collection on my PS4...

$15 per game was a bit of a burn. Is $17 for the trilogy now worth it?

I'm bummed that they took out some of my favourite tracks on San Andreas though.

They're not all removed.

Both versions of Express Yourself are in, The two mentioned James Brown songs are in.

Maybe others as well, I haven't really paid much attention to the list of missing songs until the other day so I haven't been actively listening to see what is still there and what is not.

Does the sale end today???

Sale will probably end within the next hour or two.

I finished the main story in Vice City a few weeks ago, was still a fun ride.

Had a terribly tragic bug on the last mission though, as I killed the final boss nothing happened, then his leftover goons killed me, but then end cutscene and credits played, then Tommy was reborn at the hospital and no trophy. Took me forever to do it again, I somehow kept getting killed by his gunfire in seconds. Ugh.

I've been replaying GTAIV since and really love this series again. Will add III to my backlog for when I have time.

fishfash

Just purchased the trilogy and fired up Vice City.

Great game, the emotion radio station has a track called 'died in your arms tonight'. Fantastic.

bebop242

Was really on the fence about getting this and immediately felt regret after buying it. Played about an hour of GTA 3 and I'm now glad i did. Nostalgia at its finest.

Andrefpvs

In GTA3, how can I complete the vehicle missions in the 1st island without the Mafia blowing up my car in two shotgun shots? The gangs in this game are insanely aggressive. :(

DeVeAn

Dude these games have broken gameplay in the later missions just like I remember. Considering how you aim why can they kill you in seconds.

Mastah

In GTA3, how can I complete the vehicle missions in the 1st island without the Mafia blowing up my car in two shotgun shots? The gangs in this game are insanely aggressive. :(

You should do that right after the start. Now, you're fucked.

Platinumed 3 and Vice City now, will pick up SA on a sale.

3 has an underrated soundtrack I feel (still doesnt touch the other games obviously). Also I forget it had an opera station, seems obvious to have some public domain classic songs on the radio. Anyone remember if any future games did this (or classical/orchestral music)?

Playing 3 reminded me how much I just fucked around in that game as a kid. I knew the first island like the back of my hand, knew the second sort of well and had to completely relearn the 3rd. Which isnt that necessary as the game is pretty much over by the time you reach there.

Because the islands are pretty small by todays standards playing without a map wasnt bad. In fact it was fun having to learn the roads and remember how to get to the pay and spray etc. Only annoying thing was when you get a marker and you cant tell which island its on haha.
3 had the Scarface soundtrack and head radio. Dope station. Lcs had the better opera though.
Liberty City Stories also features Double Clef FM, while IV has 2 jazz radio stations.

trilogy bundle with plus discount

US only so far it seems.

ah thanks
A sell that I didn't know about? Fuck me

Vaga

Do them on the 2nd island, ambulance missions are easier to do in Staunton because you get more time between pacients.

Mastah

That only applies to paramedic though, as vigilante and firefighter missions have to be done on all 3 islands. But thankfully they don't need to be completed in one go, so if you have target anywhere near Saint Mark's district, just bail and start again until you reach 20.

El Burro missions on the other hand, well, good luck.

Anyone got any tips for the 4000 kills in San Andreas? I'm just about finished the story and don't even have 1500. I guess the best option is the Rhino, but it feels like that will be a many hour grind, which I don't want to do.

Mastah

I don't think there's any quick way to do it. I would use Hunter, start Vigilante mission and earn fortune while killing everything in sight.

Andrefpvs

That only applies to paramedic though, as vigilante and firefighter missions have to be done on all 3 islands. But thankfully they don't need to be completed in one go, so if you have target anywhere near Saint Mark's district, just bail and start again until you reach 20.

El Burro missions on the other hand, well, good luck.

Oh, I didn't know I could bail. How do I do that? Leave the car when I get a bad target?

Wiggy

First island is crazy after you piss off the mafia in 3. No matter how fast you're driving or what vehicle you're in, they can tell its Claude and immediately shoot to kill. There were times i thought my game was bugged or something because my car suddenly blew up before I even knew what was going on.

First island is crazy after you piss off the mafia in 3. No matter how fast you're driving or what vehicle you're in, they can tell its Claude and immediately shoot to kill. There were times i thought my game was bugged or something because my car suddenly blew up before I even knew what was going on.

Yeah lol. The other night I was doing one of the King Courtney phone booth missions. You had to steal 3 gang cars. The second they shot the car once, it was on fire. Thank god I know that health code. Thing is a life saver.

BigDug13

Yeah shotgun mafia is OP as fuck with one shot kills on your car. Made some of the later side mission stuff nearly impossible. Best to try to do as many as you can before pissing off the mafia.

Mastah

If you're after the trophies they need to be done in one go.

Yes, but that can be done on Staunton Island (Shoreside Vale with its split into 2 halves area is a bad choice). For 100% though extinguishing 20 fires and killing 20 criminals in Portland can be completed in as many tries as you wish, it doesn't matter.

Andrefpvs

Yes, but that can be done on Staunton Island (Shoreside Vale with its split into 2 halves area is a bad choice). For 100% though extinguishing 20 fires and killing 20 criminals in Portland can be completed in as many tries as you wish, it doesn't matter.

Oh, thank you so much for this tip. It makes it so much more doable.

Just to be clear, does it matter if I get killed before I cancel the mission with R3?

Mastah

GTA III and Vice City were updated today:

-Refresh rate has been upgraded from 50hz/25fps to 60hz/30fps
-Bug fixes

Black Hat

GTA III and Vice City were updated today:

-Refresh rate has been upgraded from 50hz/25fps to 60hz/30fps
-Bug fixes

Really hope this becomes a thing with EU PS2->PS4 titles going forward!

Should be a requirement (we've suffered enough over time)

Andrefpvs

I don't know why they changed the thumbnails. Before, they were consistent with GTA V. Now, III and Vice City have random art with the logo on the top right corner, while San Andreas and V have the "classic" GTA-style thumbnail.

Either way, great news about the refresh rate patch. I hope they can do this for every PS2 game released so far, and the future ones.

Speaking of future games, it would be neat to have Liberty City Stories and Vice City Stories released next.

I don't know why they changed the thumbnails. Before, they were consistent with GTA V. Now, III and Vice City have random art with the logo on the top right corner, while San Andreas and V have the "classic" GTA-style thumbnail.

Either way, great news about the refresh rate patch. I hope they can do this for every PS2 game released so far, and the future ones.

Speaking of future games, it would be neat to have Liberty City Stories and Vice City Stories released next.

It looks like the same artwork they had in the double pack released for Xbox.

Just finished trying out 3 and VC and I'm kinda bumbed at the frame rate. Was it always this bad? Kinda bumbed. :(

Marvie_3

Banned
Bought the trilogy a few days ago. Havent played 3 or VC in well over a decade. My god these games are rough to play now. :lol

Oemenia

Banned
Anyway to play these with a DS3? The DS4 lacks pressure-sensitive buttons which would make some of the missions a lot harder.

Rellik

Bought the trilogy a few days ago. Havent played 3 or VC in well over a decade. My god these games are rough to play now. :lol

Yeah, I can't get through more than a couple of hours of 3 now. I used to love this game, but now it's a little too rough for me.

Top Bottom