• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GTA: The Trilogy PS4|OT| We heard you like strippers so we stripped the soundtracks

Might purchase when at <$5 on sale, and even then, more probable that not that I will not. I own them on the PS2 and then again on the PS3. $15 is far too expensive, and I am still working on beating GTA:SA on the PS3 slowly.

EDIT: As others have said too, the soundtrack removals are actually noticeable.

andshrew

There are trophies for getting the highest criminal ratings. Putting a cheat code in will make them impossible to get.

Is this confirmed? I've gotten at least two trophies while using cheats in GTA3.

Surely because of the way the save system works in GTA if you don't save after using a cheat it shouldn't affect anything.

Edit- I see that this is actually a feature of the game in that using cheat codes lowers your criminal rating. However as long as you don't save your game after using a ton of cheats I don't see how this should be an issue.

Gonzalez

Banned
Holy fucking shit, driving fucking sucks in Vice City. ...And people complain about the realistic driving in the last two games. I can't drive down a fucking street without hitting a wall because of the go-kart handling. I dread that race now(You know the one).

Lashley

Why does he wear the mask!?
Is this confirmed? I've gotten at least two trophies while using cheats in GTA3.

Surely because of the way the save system works in GTA if you don't save after using a cheat it shouldn't affect anything.

Edit- I see that this is actually a feature of the game in that using cheat codes lowers your criminal rating. However as long as you don't save your game after using a ton of cheats I don't see how this should be an issue.

they disable trophies in VC and San Andreas

phanboy4

Might get SA. Still super-glad I picked up a disc copy of Vice City's PC version a few years back. Alla songs and 60 FPS. They can pry the full soundtrack from my cold, dead hands.

Wiggy

The phone booth shakes when it's ringing in Vice City lol. I forgot how cartoony the games were back then.

Also 1 star wanted level is a joke compared to the newer games, i'd have to turn myself in at the police station for them to catch me

Clearly no one remembers/aware that using cheats in all three games has always capped your completion % to 99% (meaning no platinums).

If you absolutely need cheats for certain trophies, just use a different save.

Lashley

Why does he wear the mask!?
Clearly no one remembers/aware that using cheats in all three games has always capped your completion % to 99% (meaning no platinums).

If you absolutely need cheats for certain trophies, just use a different save.

Yeah, not sure how people have forgotten aha

You can still get other trophies with cheats (DO NOT SAVE)

But you couldn't get the 100% trophy if you cheat and save;.

I really want to bite on these, but that $15/each price point is a real downer considering I have them on PC, iOS, Android, and SA on XB360.

Give us a flash sale at $10/each and I'm in like Flynn.

Wiggy

Police are everywhere in VC, walking the streets I mean. They must be be like 25% of the population. Strange Vice City has so much crime with such a big police presence haha.

Wiggy

Just got 100 hidden packages, my 10 year self would be so proud. I remember me and my mate printing off maps with dots marking the package locations and spending hours trying to get them all (crossing off as we went along). We must have messed up somewhere as we got stuck at 98 and couldn't figure out/find which one we missed haha. Sooo much easier with a video guide on YouTube.

Think I'll go for the vigilante + paramedic missions next. I usually leave them till last which is stupid as I never get to enjoy the benefit of the extra armour and health points.

$14.99 USD is a bit much but San Andreas is an all time favourite of mine so I just bought it anyway, on the US PSN even though I live in Australia.

Sucks about the missing music but I'm still glad I can play this game on my PS4.

I luckily still have the PS2 Classics version on my PS3 with all the original songs in tact (I know it was updated on there but I got it before that happened).

I've weirdly never gotten that far into Vice City (or III), I only played it a bit before playing San Andreas extensively back in the day, and I could never get that into it. An updated version where they just refined a couple of little things (basically made the mechanics exactly like San Andreas including camera, lock on etc) would make it so much more playable for me. I'll probably eventually get them both during an inevitable sale and see how I go.

Wiggy

Got the plat for Vice City today. Godfather ranking was a bit annoying, but other than that it was all really fun. It's still my favourite game. Probably buy GTA3 next.

Oh and I never knew about getting this for 100%
CXG8ex2WcAIMJ2D.jpg

Trippy

Hmmm, they went through the effort to remove Billie Jean from the radio station, but it's still in the game itself. It plays in the Malibu when you go and see Kent Paul during "Spilling the Beans" (1st Printwork asset mission).

Has anyone tried playing VC using Remote Play? If so, how are the controls.

I want to pick this up but only if I can play on the Vita and the controls are good.

It's actually pretty well. For L2 and R2 I use the touchscreen

Thanks, that's just weapon swap right? It's been a while, can't remember.

Also, for some reason I'm remembering that you couldn't control the camera with the right stick, or I might be confusing it with VC Stories for PSP. Can you? outside of first person view?

Thanks, that's just weapon swap right? It's been a while, can't remember.

Also, for some reason I'm remembering that you couldn't control the camera with the right stick, or I might be confusing it with VC Stories for PSP. Can you? outside of first person view?
Yeah that's just weapon swap so it's not much of a biggy.

On VCS PSP you have to hold the left trigger and use the stick to turn the camera.

Yeah that's just weapon swap so it's not much of a biggy.

On VCS PSP you have to hold the left trigger and use the stick to turn the camera.

I know about how it is on PSP, I'm just forgetting what it was like on PS2 and asking if, in the ps4 version you can freely control the camera without having to go into first person view?

I've played the PSP VCS most recently, it's been about 5-6 years since I last played VC on PS2 so I'm forgetting.

Wiggy

Platinumed 3 and Vice City now, will pick up SA on a sale.

3 has an underrated soundtrack I feel (still doesnt touch the other games obviously). Also I forget it had an opera station, seems obvious to have some public domain classic songs on the radio. Anyone remember if any future games did this (or classical/orchestral music)?

Playing 3 reminded me how much I just fucked around in that game as a kid. I knew the first island like the back of my hand, knew the second sort of well and had to completely relearn the 3rd. Which isnt that necessary as the game is pretty much over by the time you reach there.

Because the islands are pretty small by todays standards playing without a map wasnt bad. In fact it was fun having to learn the roads and remember how to get to the pay and spray etc. Only annoying thing was when you get a marker and you cant tell which island its on haha.

Mastah

3 has an underrated soundtrack I feel (still doesnt touch the other games obviously). Also I forget it had an opera station, seems obvious to have some public domain classic songs on the radio. Anyone remember if any future games did this (or classical/orchestral music)?

Liberty City Stories also features Double Clef FM, while IV has 2 jazz radio stations.

Consumer

Got the trilogy today for $18; amazing deal considering 1 game is normally $15. Will platinum them chronologically when I've got time.

Hmmm, they went through the effort to remove Billie Jean from the radio station, but it's still in the game itself. It plays in the Malibu when you go and see Kent Paul during "Spilling the Beans" (1st Printwork asset mission).
I played this mission yesterday and I was getting into it the song the the cutscene ends. Such a shame that's the most of it we get.

I got all the hidden packages in vice city yesterday and did vigilante with the annihilater. Play this for an hour straight and you'll be a millionaire.

Syntsui

Are the audio quality of the radio songs in Vice City fucked? Whener I change the stations the quality is really suspect, then it get normalized after a few seconds;

Are the audio quality of the radio songs in Vice City fucked? Whener I change the stations the quality is really suspect, then it get normalized after a few seconds;
I haven't experienced this on the US copy. One weird thing that happens is when I get in a police vehicle the chatter on the police radio sounds all slow motion and demonic... Almost creepy.

Quick

Banned
$15 per game was a bit of a burn. Is $17 for the trilogy now worth it?

I'm bummed that they took out some of my favourite tracks on San Andreas though.

Top Bottom