• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GTA 6 leak will be modern times

pr0cs

and they’ve lost key people behind the series.
Behind the company really.

Anyone expecting anything interesting regarding today's social climate is almost guaranteed to be disappointed. GTA6 will be as safe as it comes soas to piss off noone.

Arkam

Modern/Current times are fine by me as long as we get some new locations. Modern NY/LA/LV are feeling tired. How about Pacific Northwest (Vancouver/Seattle) or Texas (Dallas/San Antoni/Houston) or Tidewater (Virginia, D.C, Maryland). Or outside the US entirely like London, Paris or Moscow maybe.

Like the 1970's ideas people have been throwing out. I think that would make for a great setting for a GTA. Of course it is pretty much the worst decade for cars in America, but I can see them getting some jokes out of it.

Last edited:

Azelover

Titanic was called the Ship of Dreams, and it was. It really was.
I like Vice City because the radio is filled with 80's music.

Here are some topics I'm guessing a modern setting would provide:
- Cancel Culture
- "Fake" News
- Karens
- Controversial Leaders (AKA Trump)
- Police Brutality (Difficult topic)
- Batshit Crazy Cults (Qanon and PizzaGate)
- Militarized rebels (Proud Boys vs ANTIFA)
- More Social Media Spying Tropes
- Pandemics and Resisting Government Mandates (Anti-Vaxxers and Anti-Mask)
- Etc.

There are lots of topics a potential GTA6 can cover.

carlosrox

Banned
So it'll be filled to the brim with mask tards, mask nazis, media fear mongering, and a nonstop barrage of corporate, COVID loving bullshit?

Cool.

Last edited:

GymWolf

Cool you can buy GTA 5 Extended Premium edition and folks like me who dont play terrible GTA Online can enjoy a new 80s Vice City

It would be a very missed opportunity if 6 isnt VIce City
I just want rockstar to troll modern woke era to dead, heavy trolling on the woke crowd is more fresh than the 80s imo because they are all scared and rockstar just doesn't give a fuck (at least the old management).

P.s. never played gta online, i hate that thing.

Last edited:

SJRB

Gold Member
I really don't expect too much political [anti-] woke shit in this, honestly.

GTAV wasn't all that political either. Sure it had a massive overarching commentary on capitalism [as usual] and there were a lot of winkwink-nudgenudge moments regarding American society where the bizarro juxtapositions were dialed to extremes, but overall I felt it was barely ever in your face.

Or maybe I'm just misremembering, it's been like 8 years or something.

KyoZz

Tag, you're it.
EXAEuqW.jpg

What is interesting about modern times that wasn't covered by GTAV? Empty streets and closed up stores? People wearing masks? Is one of the characters going to be trans?

Raven117

Modern/Current times are fine by me as long as we get some new locations. Modern NY/LA/LV are feeling tired. How about Pacific Northwest (Vancouver/Seattle) or Texas (Dallas/San Antoni/Houston) or Tidewater (Virginia, D.C, Maryland). Or outside the US entirely like London, Paris or Moscow maybe.

Like the 1970's ideas people have been throwing out. I think that would make for a great setting for a GTA. Of course it is pretty much the worst decade for cars in America, but I can see them getting some jokes out of it.
Texas would be awesome for a game developers take on something like No Country for Old Men, but probably lacks the "flash" that GTA is known for.

I think a European City could be excellent, but the writers would have to really up their game. GTA works because it is satirizing the ridiculousness of New York and L.A. To satirize Rome, London, Hong Kong (Sleeping Dogs is amazing), Tokyo, would take a very keen insight.

80s Miami (yeah, a little re-tread of Hotline Miami) would be absolutely bonkers awesome.

Top Bottom