• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GTA 5’s Trevor, Steven Ogg, sends “annoyed, berating” vid to GTA 6 fan

Lunatic_Gamer

Gold Member
gta-5-trevor-steven-ogg-gta-6-cameo-580x334.jpg

Hugo One, a GTA speedrunner and YouTuber, says he contacted Ogg using the celebrity video message site Cameo and paid the actor $140 USD to record a message in character as Trevor telling Jason and Lucia (the rumoured protagonists of GTA 6) to “be careful in Vice City” and “watch out for the cops in Port Gellhorn”, one of the supposed districts in Rockstar’s next open-world game. “Tell them that ‘maybe you’ll see them out there.’ Feel free to be crazy,” Hugo One claims to have written in their Cameo request to Ogg.

Responding to Hugo One’s request, Ogg sends a video through Cameo saying “I’m not Trevor. My name is Steven, and I’m an actor,” before recording the lines requested by Hugo One.

“He [Hugo One] wanted me to give you this message from Trevor,” says Ogg, “which, of course, I’m not Trevor. My name is Steven. And I am an actor. So, I get it, in a sense, and I don’t get it in a big sense as well. As actors you portray different characters and it would be literally impossible for me to be a cartoon. I can’t be… I need to get that off my chest. I just sometimes don’t f*****g understand. I get it and I don’t get it, right.

Without further ado here’s Steven Ogg (Trevor Philips) in one of the strangest rants you’ll ever see

Grand Theft Auto Gta GIF by Rockstar Games

He's always been like this. I have a feeling he fears to be locked into a single character archtype so to say and career slow down kinda like what happened with Brendan Fraser.

This isn't a common thing with actors not wanting to embrace a character they acted as. Plus given the type of character Trevor was.

If that's the case I feel he shouldn't bother with the Cammeo thing if its just gonna trigger him the way it does.

Rykan

Urggg... can we not have these clickbaity threads on here please........ keep this shit on YouTube.

I just sat through that 6 min vid to find out it wasnt a the actor berating at all.

Also this is such a non-story, who the fuck cares lol.
We had a thread a few days ago, in which someone asked if he should buy a game on Steam that was on sale for 3$, while a free trial weekend was going on for said game. So I think we're improving.

Last edited:

Kokoloko85

Eh. Annoying character, and his character in Walking Dead was pretty much one of the most annoying characters too which is saying alot for that series

ReBurn

Gold Member
I could see celebrities being annoyed that people want them to act like trained monkeys for $100. Cameo isn't actually a cheap way to hire them to be your voice actor and he probably couldn't just portray Trevor for money without risking a lawsuit. He probably should have just turned down the Cameo.

HTK

Banned
He signed up to do Cameos and if can’t fulfill the requests he shouldn’t be taking money.

Be like I’m sorry I don’t do Trevor anymore and that’s that, but not act like a whiny bitch about it during the video. So weird.

RoadHazard

Gold Member
He seems fun.

I mean, I get it I guess, he doesn't want to be associated with only that character. But just don't do it then. Don't need to be an ass about it.

Drizzlehell

Banned
We had a thread a few days ago, in which someone asked if he should buy a game on Steam that was on sale for 3$, while a free trial weekend was going on for said game. So I think we're improving.
Asking an important question right there.

Coming up next: a thread in which a users asks whether he should breathe or if he should save his lungs by holding his breath for 15 minutes on an end.

drotahorror

Eh. Annoying character, and his character in Walking Dead was pretty much one of the most annoying characters too which is saying alot for that series

I like him in pretty much anything he's in, you already know he's that weasel guy. From Breaking Bad to Westworld, his roles are always weird/annoying.

But he shouldn't be accepting money from people if he doesn't want to embrace the role they're paying him for.

Sosokrates

Report me if I continue to console war
If he doesn't like to reprise Trevor, why is he on Cameo on the first place?

disappointed the audacity GIF by Sacramento Kings
Exactly this, if he does not want to do trevor he could just decline the job, not, accept it, bitch about it and do a really poor attempt.

$140 for like 30-60 mins work is really good, even for a C/B actor.

Last edited:

TheMan

Probably pissed that Trevor will always be his most recognizable role-as in he will probably never be known for anything else ever.

Last edited:

ParaSeoul

Getting an actor associated with GTA to address the leaks is probably a bigger reason to get angry,they could blacklist him for that.

Js562

Will Smith Thats Funny GIF by MOODMAN

I ain't never paying anybody $140 for a minute message. He looks like he was acting in those videos to me tho lol

Top Bottom