• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GTA’s remaster trilogy has ‘significantly exceeded expectations’ with up to 10m sales

Moses85

I purchased the Switch digital on day one, I saw all the glitches and the patches, and I'm STILL tempted to buy physical.
Golden Girls Rose GIF by TV Land
ryan reynolds hd GIF

TexMex

So many posts here calling people out for being “stupid, ignorant fucks.” Guys - most people aren’t looking at video game message boards, and aren’t following video game media on their Twitter.

The GTA brand reach is way beyond us. It’s Madden/CoD levels. Some guy buying the new GTA on the store, or noticing it in Wal Mart and picking it up, doesn’t make him a “stupid fuck.”

Did some people cave to nostalgia and knowingly buy it anyway? Sure. But if you think ten million people did that, you may be the idiot in this scenario.

So many posts here calling people out for being “stupid, ignorant fucks.” Guys - most people aren’t looking at video game message boards, and aren’t following video game media on their Twitter.

The GTA brand reach is way beyond us. It’s Madden/CoD levels. Some guy buying the new GTA on the store, or noticing it in Wal Mart and picking it up, doesn’t make him a “stupid fuck.”

Did some people cave to nostalgia and knowingly buy it anyway? Sure. But if you think ten million people did that, you may be the idiot in this scenario.
If you’re referencing my post I never said the guy was stupid, I was just pointing out that the Walmart employee informed the customer that the game had problems. Despite that the person still bought it and all I said was that the brand name is that strong that the person didn’t heed any warnings.

TexMex

If you’re referencing my post I never said the guy was stupid, I was just pointing out that the Walmart employee informed the customer that the game had problems. Despite that the person still bought it and all I said was that the brand name is that strong that the person didn’t heed any warnings.

Nope, didn’t read your post. Just the general discourse of this thread is packed full of “everyone who bought this is an idiot.” Walmart callout is just a coincidence.

Though to be fair, I wouldn’t take the word of a Wal Mart employee on anything either.

Majormaxxx

Absolutely. Just the title alone - The definitive GTA trilogy - is enough.

Braag

It's hilarious people on forums convinced themselves it wasn't going to sell a ton.
Spider Man Lol GIF
This.

People like us who visit gaming forums and keep up with games are 0.1% of people who play games. Majority just see "oh cool, a remastered GTA trilogy" and buy it without knowing anything more about it.

Celcius

°Temp. member
How to have a successful company:

1. Spend $100k remaking a game, but using the mobile version as the basis.
2. After the dev is done, spend $500 on QA.
3. Release the game and make millions
4. When gamers complain about all the bugs, have one or two devs come back and fix bugs over the course of a weekend for the price of a few pizzas.
5. Mega-profit!!!

EDMIX

4. When gamers complain about all the bugs, have one or two devs come back and fix bugs over the course of a weekend for the price of a few pizzas.
5. Mega-profit!!!

no way they spent 100k on this, minimum 500k, if that is even true.....

dear lord! lol

This is why I don't blame that port team THAT much, just like I don't blame CDPR's actual team, they are being given a task they can't do under a time frame that makes no sense, with a budget that seems it ignore hiring more people. If Rockstar couldn't get Bluepoint games or Aspire or something, they should have just did it in house with a small team as they are more then big enough to do it so....who knows. Fucked up all around.

Goalus

5. Mega-profit!!!
"All the bugs"?
There was a glitch at release, which has been fixed now.

Top Bottom