• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GTA’s remaster trilogy has ‘significantly exceeded expectations’ with up to 10m sales

cormack12

Gold Member
Source: https://www.videogameschronicle.com...y-exceeded-expectations-with-up-to-10m-sales/

Grand Theft Auto: The Trilogy – The Definitive Edition may have sold as many as 10 million copies since its release last November.

In an investor presentation released on Monday, Rockstar owner Take-Two published updated lifetime shipment figures for Grand Theft Auto V and the wider franchise.

The series has sold-in over 370 million units, including over 160 million copies of GTA V.

The figures are up from 355 million and 155 million respectively, which Take-Two reported last November, just prior to the release of the GTA trilogy remaster collection.

So while sales of older GTA games can’t be discounted, it’s likely that GTA: The Trilogy – Definitive Edition accounted for the vast majority of the 10 million non-GTA V series sales during Take Two’s most recent quarter.

So while sales of older GTA games can’t be discounted, it’s likely that GTA: The Trilogy – Definitive Edition accounted for the vast majority of the 10 million non-GTA V series sales during Take Two’s most recent quarter.

Take-Two hasn’t provided actual sales figures for GTA: The Trilogy – Definitive Edition, but CEO Strauss Zelnick claimed last month that it had performed “great” since its release.

If sales are really so great, why don't they release the actual sales numbers instead of mixing them in with the other games?

Emoji Think GIF

lh032

I cry about Xbox and hate PlayStation.
lol no wonder there is no official announcement of GTA 6 as of todate.

Last edited:
What is so bad about this remaster? Or is this just another case of gamers having an extreme negative overreaction to everything like they always do?

Dorohedoro

This (combined with GTA Online's seemingly never ending popularity) is, in fact, why we can't have nice things from this company.

Last edited:
What is so bad about this remaster? Or is this just another case of gamers having an extreme negative overreaction to everything like they always do?
Since when do you call something definitive by removing a huge amount of music tracks? Game was full If spelling errors and the performance is still horrible.

Overreaction? Better inform yourself before you make such statement.

Since when do you call something definitive by removing a huge amount of music tracks? Game was full If spelling errors and the performance is still horrible.

Overreaction? Better inform yourself before you make such statement.
Seems like it was released with some bugs and now it's been fixed. Shit happens. But since this is gAm1ng it means "w0r$t dev evah, Rock$t@r is de@D rarrrrr!!!!!1"

The Cockatrice

Gold Member
I blame streamers and content creators for marketing this game even if it was for shits and giggles. Fucking hell, to the gafers who preordered this and did not cancel or refund as well as those who still bought it, yes you know who you are cuz I've seen your posts when it launched and before, fuck you.

Last edited:

BeforeU

Oft hope is born when all is forlorn.
i don't know what to say. For the first time I was surprised that even big gaming outlets called out R* for their bullshit and gave the game pretty low rating. Despite all the reviews and technical issues people shelled out full game price for this? Unbelievable. R* should start selling farts in jars to these idiots.

Top Bottom