• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GT7 will require online connection to prevent cheating (same at GT:S)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dr. Claus

Vincit qui se vincit
Im not defending it, I'm just not against it. If you asked me what I think about always online games, I would say I dont mind. I, too, would ratger not having forced online.

But, being the cancer I am, I find it hysterical to be "concerned" about forced online gaming in 2022. I sorry, this is just how I see it. Cant see reason because all of this cancer in my eyes.

You *are* defending it though. You are actively dismissing any criticism and complaints.

At this point in time I'm half inclined to believe they just want you online one way or another to harvest some form of data to sell off

Square Enix were also another company prevalent in this. There is zero link and they'd never tell you either.

In this age of the "Metaverse", I would say this is a very real possibility.

Which is all well and good but by forcing people into it they irked more folks. They’d be better served to have made it optional. Multiplayer racing is a big draw and maybe some offline diehards might dip in to play from time to time.

Exactly. There is literally no reason to force the online mode. It actively limits the reach of the game and ensures it will be dead/unplayable at an indeterminate point of time in the near future.

Sony fans will boycott the game, right?

What does being a Sony fan have to do with anything? People are going to boycott the game. Others will buy it used, preventing another sale going to the devs. Some may skip the game entirely until they add an offline mode or simply because they literally can't play the game now due to not having strong internet accessibility (which is still a very real concern in most of the world).

The only question is "will it be a large enough amount" to get the devs to rethink their plans. Not too sure. Personally I am still going to buy the game, just used. I have no doubt the game will be fantastic, however that doesn't mean we shouldn't expect more from these companies and ensure preservation of these games for future generations.

Last edited:

DrAspirino

Banned
Yeah sorry but if you had any knowledge of GTS competition you would understand why it's the pinnacle of online console racing. ACC is a great sim but it doesn't have enough of a community on console to make it exciting.
Pinacle of racing =! having "great community".

Simulators are often "boring" to people that's not fully into what they're simulating, because they recreate every single detail to extremes. On Microsoft Flight Simulator, for example, if you try the fully simulated experience, you wouldn't even be able to take off a plane, let alone landing one. Same goes to Asetto Corsa Competizione or F1.

Both examples I gave are actually the pinacle of online simulation (in flight-sim and racing-sim), but they're so niche that even fans of Gran Turismo would find those sims "boring".

Tomeru

You *are* defending it though. You are actively dismissing any criticism and complaints.

I dont think you know what is the meaning of "defending" is. But its alright, I dont mind 👍

People are going to boycott the game. Others will buy it used, preventing another sale going to the devs. Some may skip the game entirely until they add an offline mode or simply because they literally can't play the game now due to not having strong internet accessibility (which is still a very real concern in most of the world).

The only question is "will it be a large enough amount" to get the devs to rethink their plans. Not too sure. Personally I am still going to buy the game, just used. I have no doubt the game will be fantastic, however that doesn't mean we shouldn't expect more from these companies and ensure preservation of these games for future generations.
You are in for some rude awakening.

Last edited:

Inviusx

Pinacle of racing =! having "great community".

Simulators are often "boring" to people that's not fully into what they're simulating, because they recreate every single detail to extremes. On Microsoft Flight Simulator, for example, if you try the fully simulated experience, you wouldn't even be able to take off a plane, let alone landing one. Same goes to Asetto Corsa Competizione or F1.

Both examples I gave are actually the pinacle of online simulation (in flight-sim and racing-sim), but they're so niche that even fans of Gran Turismo would find those sims "boring".

That's why GT is the pinnacle in my opinion though because it strikes the best balance between sim and casual accessibility meaning it reaches a wider audience and therefore the competitive floor is raised across the board.

There are definitely more complex racing sims than GT but none are even close to the level of accessibility that GT offers.

You jump in, go to Sports Mode, select a daily race and your instantly in a full lobby of racers from across the globe that are all equal to your skill level. That's why GT is so popular.

Last edited:

Dr. Claus

Vincit qui se vincit
I dont think you know what is the meaning of "defending" is. But its alright, I dont mind 👍

You are in for some rude awakening.

Why am I in for a rude awakening? Do you not know English? I would suggest re-reading what I wrote.

Last edited:

Dr. Claus

Vincit qui se vincit
Wow...

As someone who waded through the launch of the Xbox One, some of the comments here are blowing my fucking mind.

Yep. But console warriors be console warriors. We had some Xbox Fanboys before try to claim that the original Xbox One plans were “not that bad!” And these very people in here were calling them out. Now they defend the same tactic because their personal plastic box of choice is doing the asinine thing.

Three

Yep. But console warriors be console warriors. We had some Xbox Fanboys before try to claim that the original Xbox One plans were “not that bad!” And these very people in here were calling them out. Now they defend the same tactic because their personal plastic box of choice is doing the asinine thing.
It's almost like different people have different opinions about wildly different topics. Who would have thought. I mean it's not like 5 Million people haven't bought a console with no disc drive which is digital only and relies on online DRM for licences even though a lot of people were against blocking used games sales during that fiasco. Those "asnine cancerous dipshits" eh, how could they defend it by 'not minding'.

Last edited:

Dr. Claus

Vincit qui se vincit
It's almost like different people have different opinions about wildly different topics. Who would have thought. I mean it's not like 5 Million people haven't bought a console with no disc drive which is digital only and relies on online DRM for licences even though a lot of people were against blocking used games sales during that fiasco. Those "asnine cancerous dipshits" eh, how could they defend it by 'not minding'.

Keep shilling that anti-consumer line, buddy boy.

NickFire

Keep shilling that anti-consumer line, buddy boy.
My opinion is that you have it backwards. When it comes to multiplayer games that involve grinding the heck out of a game to get good upgrades, I want maximum security against cheaters. Call me a shill or whatever you want. I'll be too busy to care in a month as I upgrade my cars.

sn0man

What does being a Sony fan have to do with anything? People are going to boycott the game. Others will buy it used, preventing another sale going to the devs. Some may skip the game entirely until they add an offline mode or simply because they literally can't play the game now due to not having strong internet accessibility (which is still a very real concern in most of the world).
Yeah I’ve decided I’ll just not purchase a new copy of this shenanigans.

I’ve bought all the previous GT# games. I even bought a friend a PS3 and GT6 when they were on a heavy discount so we could play together. Which reminds me; we can’t do that now because Sony shut down the servers after GTS launched.

Until someone reverse engineers the servers for GT7 or Sony releases a physical copy that lets me have an offline campaign I’ll just do like you and find a copy used in 5–6 months. No money to the developer. They do not get rewarded.

Too bad: I would have paid $100+ for a definitive version with all the DLC and some nicknack like a USB drive or booklet.

Dr. Claus

Vincit qui se vincit
But didn't Sony fanboys laugh and mock the Xbox crowd for something similar?

No, sane people called out shitty practices during the Xbox One reveal. It had nothing to do with fanboys. Everyone with a brain hated the DRM bullshit they tried to pull aside from console warriors.

Last edited:

dano1

A Sheep
Same as the last game. Why are people expecting it to be any different? Some gamer’s like to hear themselves complain I guess 🙄

Dr. Claus

Vincit qui se vincit
Same as the last game. Why are people expecting it to be any different? Some gamer’s like to hear themselves complain I guess 🙄

Yes, how dare gamers expect to play the game they bought in 10-15 years! Pathetic gamers, they should just shut up and consume the next product.

Huge inconvenience for many just so they can prevent SOME cheating that will lose them revenue, especially if vehicles aren't transferrable.

Penny wise and pound foolish.

Edit: If they have included a method to trade/gift cars, this would make more sense.

Last edited:

dano1

A Sheep
Yes, how dare gamers expect to play the game they bought in 10-15 years! Pathetic gamers, they should just shut up and consume the next product.
Your kidding right? You do know the online check system can be patched out?? Ever hear of Driveclub. They did that once online got shut down.

Dr. Claus

Vincit qui se vincit
Your kidding right? You do know the online check system can be patched out?? Ever hear of Driveclub. They did that once online got shut down.

So we should just *hope* that Polyphony does this, despite them having no history of doing so before (GT5 and 6)? You are kidding, right?

dano1

A Sheep
So we should just *hope* that Polyphony does this, despite them having no history of doing so before (GT5 and 6)? You are kidding, right?
You know what. Don’t buy it then if your so worried about 6 years from now! When They have a record of screwing me over because of a problem that hasn’t even happened yet I’ll change my thought process. Take a deep breath and live a little.

Dr. Claus

Vincit qui se vincit
You know what. Don’t buy it then if your so worried about 6 years from now! When They have a record of screwing me over because of a problem that hasn’t even happened yet I’ll change my thought process. Take a deep breath and live a little.
Translation:

e7a.jpg

Last edited:

iHaunter

I hate always online for SP. Like why does it matter? Don't need to be online for SP. Wonder what excuse they're going to use for that.

Dr. Claus

Vincit qui se vincit
So has any GT game screwed you yet?

GT5 and 6 lost a tremendous amount of content (roughly 20-35% for both titles) when its servers were shut down. The eventual shut down of GT Sport and GT7 will cause us to lose the vast majority (over 80-95%) of the content in those games. This isn't a debate. This is the reality. Stop defending shitty, unneeded design choices.

I hate always online for SP. Like why does it matter? Don't need to be online for SP. Wonder what excuse they're going to use for that.

Supposedly to "stem cheating" despite it never being an issue before. Clearly they have other reasons for it and don't want to actually admit what it is. MTX? Making the game disposable and forcing people to buy the next entry when it eventually arrives? Who knows. Either way, its unneeded.

iHaunter

GT5 and 6 lost a tremendous amount of content (roughly 20-35% for both titles) when its servers were shut down. The eventual shut down of GT Sport and GT7 will cause us to lose the vast majority (over 80-95%) of the content in those games. This isn't a debate. This is the reality. Stop defending shitty, unneeded design choices.

Supposedly to "stem cheating" despite it never being an issue before. Clearly they have other reasons for it and don't want to actually admit what it is. MTX? Making the game disposable and forcing people to buy the next entry when it eventually arrives? Who knows. Either way, its unneeded.
Let's not get too tin-hat but I do agree it's not a good idea. I highly doubt it's for heavy MTX. But it does make sense to have simply one game throughout and gen with a secondary game like GT Sport towards the later half. Just add more content throughout.

kikii

So the mods gave me a warning cause i said Lol this game buy Forza.

That’s console warring? The mods need to lay off the soy milk, fucking pussies probably can’t do a single pull up.
noo dont say stuffs like that, u will end up under hammer :p

M1chl

Currently Gif and Meme Champion
One thing which might be concerning, is that back in the day GT5 servers were shitcanned very quickly and pushed people to GT6.

...however...

Sony is now on Azure, where they (most likely) using the scalability containers, thus the price for running is just matter of actually used capacity.

sircaw

Banned
So the mods gave me a warning cause i said Lol this game buy Forza.

That’s console warring? The mods need to lay off the soy milk, fucking pussies probably can’t do a single pull up.
This place has Standards now you Silly cock "lollipop_disappointed:

And looking at your Avatar I can get away with that line :messenger_beaming:

Dr. Claus

Vincit qui se vincit
literally 99% of consoles are now connected to the internet, this is the world now, cannot believe people still care about this. It makes sense for games like this and hitman etc. that have online scoreboards.

Ah yes, because the possibility of a small chance of cheaters is more important than the millions of people who don’t have access to constant internet, strong internet connections, people who travel, and people who simply don’t give a shit and want to play single player?

Literally most of the world doesn’t have good internet infrastructure. This is the world now. Cannot believe people still promote anti-consumer decisions.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom