• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GT7 confirmed to have dynamic time of day and weather, damage model same as GT:S, no comment on PSVR

cormack12

Gold Member
Source: https://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2021-09-16-the-big-gran-turismo-7-interview
.....much, much more at link

One other point of clarity I wanted to make was about dynamic time and weather, which wasn't a part of Gran Turismo Sport.
Kazunori Yamauchi:
In GT7, the time and weather will be moving in real time.

U5nrHK.jpg

Kazunori Yamauchi: Whether or not we actually implement a full 24 hour race is something we're still deciding on. But the weather simulation is actually a weather simulation, not just a weather change. So it does have an effect on the physics of the game. I think that will be very interesting.

I wonder if you could talk through a bit more about how dynamic weather works in Gran Turismo 7 - does it impact track surface temperature, if there's a dynamic track, does it rubber in over the course of an event?
Kazunori Yamauchi:
We don't have a system for simulating the amount of rubber that's laid on the track, but we do have a simulation of where the rain would create a level of water over the track. When a car passes over it, it will spray aside, and so the racing lines will dry quicker than the other parts of the track. That's something that is simulated and does affect the grip of the course accordingly as time goes on, and the track begins to dry in different places. The air temperature, the humidity, and then the road surface temperature will also be affected by these weather changes as well.

Kazunori Yamauchi: So of course the precision of the controls has increased significantly. You'll feel a big difference when you start setting up the vehicles and tuning the cars because you'll really feel a difference in the response of these cars, and I think that in itself is going to be a very enjoyable feature of the game. I think this will make it very fun to drive and it will feel more natural.

sankt-Antonio

:^)--?-<
This game sounds like something that should have come out five years ago. I just lost any enthusiasm waiting for a substantial upgrade on GT's side. Its still not coming. Nothing in there is revolutionary (for the series), new or exiting.

Forza Motorsport 6 had rain physics including the possibility of hydroplaning if you made a sharp turn and hit a puddle. This was back in 2015 mind you. Gran Turismo really has been chasing Forza for more than a decade now and there is still no signs that they are anywhere close to reaching them.

Forza Motorsport 6 had rain physics including the possibility of hydroplaning if you made a sharp turn and hit a puddle. This was back in 2015 mind you. Gran Turismo really has been chasing Forza for more than a decade now and there is still no signs that they are anywhere close to reaching them.
GTA 3 had rain physics in 2001. What’s your point?

Top Bottom