• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Grounded (Obsidian Entertainment) gets an early demo starting June 16th thru June 22nd (Xbox Insider and/or Steam versions)

Hendrick's

If only my penis was as big as my GamerScore!
I got killed by a mite. Game is FUN, but it started freezing on me and then crashed to dash and refused to reload. Brings me back to the Obsidian days of FO:NV at launch :pie_lcry:
Mine didn't crash, but it was framey. When those mites first jumped at my face I was surprised and also dead. Came back for my gear and this time used my spear to block when they lunge and then stab them to death.

Hendrick's

If only my penis was as big as my GamerScore!
Can you play it again after your 30 minutes runs out?
Yes
I think you can play this outside of the insider program and yes you can replay another 30 mins
I think this is just for insiders.
grounded-flight-launch-960.jpg

Last edited:

Night.Ninja

Banned
surprised to find the game running at 60fps on One X.
I was expecting 30fps just like Outer Worlds.

it's hard to judge the game from this small demo, but it seems to be alright I guess?
the aim sensitivity slider is broken tho, so that sucks.

if I had to guess the resolution I'd say it's dynamic and hangs around 1440p to 1600p, but due to UE4's aggressive AA that's hard to say without actually measuring it

The slider does work, its just weird.

Stuart360

Well i just went from zero interest to mildly intrested. The graphics are stunning on PC maxed out, and i'm really surprised by the serious tone, i was expecting some kids game. The music is so atmospheric as well.
Had some bugs with the demo. The controller would stop working randomly, and i couldnt exit the demo lol. Not bad though, not bad at all.

There's another thread going on about this.

Just so we’re clear on how full of shit you are, you’re taking what an unknown leaker has said, about MS having a triple A game every other month (that’s every second month, m8) WHEN (not now) they start next gen, and you’re both misconstruing what was said and applying it to a game that is very obviously not AAA (not to mention is only one of Obsidians projects)? Am
I understanding you correctly?

CatLady

Selfishly plays on Xbox Purr-ies X
Well i just went from zero interest to mildly intrested. The graphics are stunning on PC maxed out, and i'm really surprised by the serious tone, i was expecting some kids game. The music is so atmospheric as well.
Had some bugs with the demo. The controller would stop working randomly, and i couldnt exit the demo lol. Not bad though, not bad at all.

I gave up, it kept crashing on me. I hope they get the bugs out BEFORE they release it because it seems like a really fun game, a lot belter than I thought it would be when it was first revealed.

Yeah, the graphics are actually quite good maxed out

cHaOs667

There's another thread going on about this.

Yeah, but in the thread it shows clearly your mistake - not MS but a random dude on reddit is claiming that MS is aiming to release an AAA (or exclusive?) title every other month.

But the real news is that MS is still on a "buying spree" and will acquire more studios or titles.

Mattyp

Gold Member
Yeah, but in the thread it shows clearly your mistake - not MS but a random dude on reddit is claiming that MS is aiming to release an AAA (or exclusive?) title every other month.

But the real news is that MS is still on a "buying spree" and will acquire more studios or titles.

Vawn is just the Sony village idiot, pay him no attention.

Downloading this now, friends and everyone seems to be really positive about it so looking forward to a game will report back.

Just tried this... All I can say is wow. I wasn't expecting that. I was hooked and didn't even realize the time I spent when the time was up. LOTS of retro feels from growing up watching Honey I Shrunk The Kids. The scale is actually done really well. There is way more depth than I thought there would be as well with the crafting and creatures. You can tell they are definitely tapping into many of the cool ideas the world provides them on both a macro and micro scale.

If they end up treating this like Sea Of Thieves and support it with constant content updates they are really going to have a gem. I can see my kids having TONS of fun with this. I always wanted to try it out since the reveal but now it's on my anticipated list.

All I can think now is... What if they take us inside the house... Gah, my imagination is running wild.

Andodalf

Banned
The sense of scale with all the grass and super intense DoF at a distance is really great. It makes the bugs legit scary at times. You can also get a good number of physics objects out at once, which is nice to see, I hope Obsidians other games use that.

pr0cs

Man it sounds awesome, haven't played a good survival game since Rust and even then "good" was in heavy quotations.
Can't wait to try this but sounds like it's got some potential, wonder if it will have cross play with Xbox and pc?

Graphically it's okaayyyy on the One X. Hopefully this is an earlier build and final gets bumped in resolution and HDR implementation. The character selection screen looked super low res. Jaggies everywhere.

Andodalf

Banned
Graphically it's okaayyyy on the One X. Hopefully this is an earlier build and final gets bumped in resolution and HDR implementation. The character selection screen looked super low res. Jaggies everywhere.

I found the actual gameplay to be much much cleaner than character select. The lack of HDR is weird tho

Top Bottom